• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Every day is a rerun and the laughter is always canned

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=18694]The Wailing Specter[/MENTION]

Sounds like you need to surround yourself with better people irl, just a guess. I'm sorry you feel this way buddy.

neuskens

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
If you feel you've discovered it all, doubt what you know; expand your mind, renew your truths, start from scratch again. Life is immense within eternal, there are literally millions of variables that can change cause, progress and product of the beliefs you hold so close but they've passed already. The days are not the same, they are renewed at each sunset. We don't have the same temperature everyday, the same length of commute as yesterday's, the same way of waking up, the same thought at waking up... you don't love your family the same way everyday, you don't talk about the same thing everyday, you don't see the same strangers everyday, you don't wear the same clothes everyday, you have different numbers of showers, you have different portions of food; even your feelings of sadness may vary between despair and cynicism. You don't see the same frog eating the same mosquito everyday; it keeps moving, knowing there will be different mosquitoes at different times and different places for him to remain nourished.
Life, by essence, is progress, growth, flow. One thing will lead you to another and another and another and so on.

See, I, as a christian, feel the need to tell you the great news that all of this does not happen at random and, because of that, don't matter. They're art from the Creator to remind you and me that there is a Creator (Psalms 19); not impersonal randomness that meant nothing after all. How can everything around us be so impersonal, random and purposeless when we are so personal (inter and intra), integrated and longing for purpose? We reflect the likeness of God (Gen 1:26); we can see that when we get angered/saddened with evil, when we long for love and peace, when we create something... all good comes from God (James 1:17; Matthew 7:11). You may feel you know everything from this earth and that's fair, this earthly life has its limitations, but there is a spiritual world with its own story, which we derive from, that only the spiritual can see (1 Corinthians 2:14), with truths that reign over our truths and laws and are only revealed to us by God (Daniel 2:22; Proverbs 2:6) through His Holy Spirit, which we receive the single, very moment we open the door for Christ (Revelation 3:20) and let Him dwell in and guide our lives because He knows better (Isaiah 55:9). See, our bodies and souls make us earthly humans; our spirit is the signature of our Creator, connecting us to Him, who is spirit (John 4:24). The Holy Spirit makes >our< spirit alive (why it was dead relates to sin and the larger truth concerning it), thus being able to give spiritual fruit (Galatians 5:22-23; James 3:17) here, freedom from this mortal body soon (1 Corinthians 15:44), and indescribable things later (1 Corinthians 2:9).
Even with things in this life being so passing and variable, our Creator, Lord and Father is, among many great things, eternal (Psalms 90:2; Timothy 1:17), unchanging (Malachi 3:6; Psalms 102:27) and faithful (Deuteronomy 7:9; 1 Corinthians 1:9); therefore you can be sure that you will experience glorious, transcendent life if you choose to draw near to Him (Hebrews 11:6). :) :roundthnx:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=18694]The Wailing Specter[/MENTION]

Sounds like you need to surround yourself with better people irl, just a guess. I'm sorry you feel this way buddy.
Not sure where to go. The only people I talk to are work people and random passerby on the street about whatever philosophical question I'' pondering. Today, I stopped a lady and we talked a few hours about the election. It was more leading and probing to see what she felt, but that is the bulk of non-work social interaction I get. I don't really start conversations in the "traditional" way. I just start talking about whatever is on my mind with whoever is nearby.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not sure where to go. The only people I talk to are work people and random passerby on the street about whatever philosophical question I'' pondering. Today, I stopped a lady and we talked a few hours about the election. It was more leading and probing to see what she felt, but that is the bulk of non-work social interaction I get. I don't really start conversations in the "traditional" way. I just start talking about whatever is on my mind with whoever is nearby.

You sound like many people in the modern world. In today's world we are paradoxically more connected and yet more isolated from others due to long distance communication. My father commented on this that he feels the world is a far more lonely place than it was when he was a child. It seems that you are unhappy with your life in general. I am genuinely sympathetic to your situation as I do relate somehow to having acquaintances but no real close friends. I opened a advice thread for a similar situation to yours and many posters suggested possibly seeking a club or group for something you are interested in.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You sound like many people in the modern world. In today's world we are paradoxically more connected and yet more isolated from others due to long distance communication. My father commented on this that he feels the world is a far more lonely place than it was when he was a child. It seems that you are unhappy with your life in general. I am genuinely sympathetic to your situation as I do relate somehow to having acquaintances but no real close friends. I opened a advice thread for a similar situation to yours and many posters suggested possibly seeking a club or group for something you are interested in.

This has been a hard election and I'm a little disheartened, but I generally am interested in Politics and generally pushing things in a liberal direction. I have to shout out to libertarians, though. While I am not a true libertarian myself, I like a lot of their ideas, too, and I blend those ideas into my general liberalism. My idea is that it is more significant to influence people to act of their own accord the correct way, rather than forcing them.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This has been a hard election and I'm a little disheartened, but I generally am interested in Politics and generally pushing things in a liberal direction. I have to shout out to libertarians, though. While I am not a true libertarian myself, I like a lot of their ideas, too, and I blend those ideas into my general liberalism. My idea is that it is more significant to influence people to act of their own accord the correct way, rather than forcing them.

Lately this forum is Trump Central not Typology Central. I also have many libertarian ideas (I think that arresting people for drugs is stupid and a waste of time plus i think the state has no business poking its nose into peoples lives) but i also have a mixture of left and right wing views (I think that people should have access to healthcare for free and that governments need to make sure businesses are behaving themselves but on the other hand I think that refugees bring security and economic impacts and need to be regulated and that SJWs need to STFU as there are far more pressing issues). I was in my younger years a idealistic left winger but over the years i am becoming jaded and drifting right.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lately this forum is Trump Central not Typology Central. I also have many libertarian ideas (I think that arresting people for drugs is stupid and a waste of time plus i think the state has no business poking its nose into peoples lives) but i also have a mixture of left and right wing views (I think that people should have access to healthcare for free and that governments need to make sure businesses are behaving themselves but on the other hand I think that refugees bring security and economic impacts and need to be regulated and that SJWs need to STFU as there are far more pressing issues). I was in my younger years a idealistic left winger but over the years i am becoming jaded and drifting right.

I'm honestly of two minds on immigration: On one hand, I believe people should be able to move here if they feel the need to. On the other hand, I understand the need for security checks. On net, I think the US immigration system is about the right balance, except maybe we could find a way to get undocumented immigrants to become actual citizens if they are not causing problems, and then deport the rest as we catch them. Basically, the centrist position.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Well... life is its own purpose, it needs nothing else to justify it, however...

- music
- ethical causes, e.g. environmental
- friends and family
- pleasure seeking
- will power/courage

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I like Legion's idea, and this is also my answer to your thread about high-paying jobs nobody wants; you should maybe consider getting involved with causes you believe in, and though that might not always pay well, you will have a purpose in life and it may be much more fullfilling than trying to earn money from a job you aeren't passionate about. Non-profit organizations are allowed to pay their members though it might not be ike a real salary, I don't know. You expressed interest in environmental causes, so I suggest looking into that.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I like Legion's idea, and this is also my answer to your thread about high-paying jobs nobody wants; you should maybe consider getting involved with causes you believe in, and though that might not always pay well, you will have a purpose in life and it may be much more fullfilling than trying to earn money from a job you aeren't passionate about. Non-profit organizations are allowed to pay their members though it might not be ike a real salary, I don't know. You expressed interest in environmental causes, so I suggest looking into that.

Yes. Environmentalism is VITAL to our survival. On a lighter note, its nice having a nice place to relax that isn't polluted. I sometimes forget to turn lights off and feel guilty about inching us that much closer to our doom. If there was one thing I care about, its environmentalism, even if I don't necessarily fit most people's perception of an environmentalist.