• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why are men more independent than women?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I seriously don't know what argument has caused this thread to grow to 14 pages, but this is more or less what I was getting at. Women generally have a support system from the beginning, while men don't. Perhaps it's because they simply don't need/want it, while women are mentally and emotionally weaker, and therefore do.

This too. This is the point: men have superior values to women. Of course there are exceptions in both sexes, but men generally are more moral, more rational, more virtuous, more intelligent than women, and the two ways of being are largely incomprehensible to the other (unless of course, you're one of the exceptions). Why do you think there's so much pushback about how modern society is "pussifying" boys, or even turning them into girls, what with trying to encourage them to cooperate and let (make?) them have emotions!

Okay, sarcasm off. Still the idea goes that, in general, men operate with logic, reason, and firm, sober-minded decision making; while women are typically more whimsical, emotive, nurturing, and exuberantly prosocial. Sure there are exceptions (some of them in this thread - congratulations), but those are the more natural and observable gender roles. Now the important question: which is better?

Which is better? And you wondered how this thread went 5+ pages? Wow, I don't know if I feel sorry for you or despise your level of weakness.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, sarcasm off. Still the idea goes that, in general, men operate with logic, reason, and firm, sober-minded decision making; while women are typically more whimsical, emotive, nurturing, and exuberantly prosocial. Sure there are exceptions (some of them in this thread - congratulations), but those are the more natural and observable gender roles. Now the important question: which is better?
They may be more widely observed, but that doesn't make them more natural.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ok, this turned to be a messy thread.

This thread asks why are men more independant and all I did is gave my opinion "Because someone has very preactical/political reasons that women are less free".
Everything else I said is simply because it is easier to fight male abuser than a female one.

Therefore with this I will end my presence in the thread in which I actually did not want to participate that much. :)

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Careful . . . you are making me feel like the proverbial special snowflake again.

Oozing warm fuzzies

That support is called childhood, and both male and females of the species go through it. A certain level of independence and self-sufficiency is part of becoming an adult, and both sexes should (be expected to) attain it. Of course we are all interdependent in many ways, but that interdependence is not gender based, but more a product of how life and especially economics are ordered in the modern age.

That statement is idealistic in nature, but a good goal to have. Also, I'm sure economics influences the environment, but ultimately it is still the environment.

And here is a short video illustrating how the environment without a good role model leads to bad things happening.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, this turned to be a messy thread.

This thread asks why are men more independant and all I did is gave my opinion "Because someone has very preactical/political reasons that women are less free".
Everything else I said is simply because it is easier to fight male abuser than a female one.

Therefore with this I will end my presence in the thread in which I actually did not want to participate that much. :)
Everyone has the right to their own opinion. Others won't necessarily accept that opinion as a valid conclusion, though, and therein lies most of the discussion.