• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why god let's bad things happen

StrawberryBoots

Trust God. I can go into how Jesus will wipe away our tears, but I won't. I'm tired tonight. I'll simply say, I believe God works ALL THINGS together for our good and can take what Satan meant for evil and turn it around.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Good", "Bad".

What makes us define these things as such has various reasons which have been speculated and thought by many thinkers, philosophers and psychologists. I should think about one of them, for now, which is human perspective. Human perspective tends to make sense of things and give value to them, because living in a senseless and valueless world would be the end of human drive for giving meaning. Yet, paradoxically enough, giving meaning to an act is what usually deems human perspective limited, for I wonder, if people were beings who would be aware of every single, butterfly effect consequences of our actions, I wonder would we be able to commit that action if it would be conflicted with our system of perception and valuation. Bottom line is this, there is no "good" or "bad" action, we name those actions from the consequences we draw from them and since we are not omniscient, the consequence that we draw can be, if we were to assume the existence of "good" or "bad", and usually is, profoundly mistaken for it would be based on our limited perception of things, events and circumstances, there is no problem of evil, nor there is a fatality of good, there is only burdening yourself with predetermined concepts and an internalised authority, or rather a tyranny of good and bad which "helps" people to predetermine the motives and the results of their actions. People choose one illusion over the other which are probably much less significant in the eyes of an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent being.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's a quite simple answer: he doesn't exist.

jkall

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
These days I'm very worried that God is actually an evil entity. The world and life are awful, terrible, ugly, torture.