• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

to the atheists

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your threads make my head spin.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
What's the problem if some don't believe and some do? People choose whatever floats their boats. As long as it doesn't hurt/insult anyone, it's fine. I don't believe in gods or afterlife because I don't think that if I did it would change what happens/how I experience life. I'd rather do what I want now and risk going to hell or whatever than live restrained by imposed rules just to find out it was in vain and I wasted my only chance.

Done.

Can your next thread be "what came first, the chicken or the egg?" I'm interested in the outcome.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you think the Sun goes round the Earth, it does. And if you think the Earth goes round the Sun, it does. If that is what the solar system is like, I wouldn't worry about it.

Happy agnostics.

What a very lame comparison. But again, it comes from you so I wouldn't worry about it.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why live your life constrained? Be oneself. Be yourself. Be myself. Follow whatever we wish. Me as an individual likes to live my life with an inner freedom at the very least. And as such as an Agnostic, I have no real need to believe in God.

Except for burning in hell, but that's basically a threat... why be tied down by fear? If you are doing that, you're hardly living life then aren't you.

Granted this is but 'One' interpretation of God. Their are many beyond the biblical types. All see themselves as the one truth, yet neither provide any evidence at the end of the day. Thus we have a tangled web of conflicting perceptions. Tis an unnecessary mess to stress over.

Doesn't mean I disbelieve in some godlike entity. But it shouldn't be what's important in our lives.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
:huh: that's not proof. That's not proof of anything. Saying that because I exist there must be a god is a nonsequitur. The reason I exist is because my parents had sex. You could go back and say the ultimate reason I exist (and everyone exists) is because of the big bang. In no way does any of that illustrate that there is some sort of god, spirit, or anything beyond known reality.

Not everything has some sort of grand reason, sometimes things just ARE and there isn't anything beyond that. In some rare cases there is but we're unable to know what that is. A good example of that would be black holes. Due to the way the particles of the standard model are (which are fundementals that just ARE) there isn't any way to determine what is inside of it. Is there something beyond it? It's fair to assume yes, but we simply don't know, and with our current knowledge there doesn't seem to be a way to know.

but you are the proof or els were does such beautiful intellegence come from?,such creativity,free will and love

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What's the problem if some don't believe and some do? People choose whatever floats their boats. As long as it doesn't hurt/insult anyone, it's fine. I don't believe in gods or afterlife because I don't think that if I did it would change what happens/how I experience life. I'd rather do what I want now and risk going to hell or whatever than live restrained by imposed rules just to find out it was in vain and I wasted my only chance. Done. Can your next thread be "what came first, the chicken or the egg?" I'm interested in the outcome.
egg came first...dog and a cat mated and the offspring was a chicken which only comes from eggs.

or was it the chicken...due to getting the baby scared out of them they started encasing it in a shell to avoid premature birth and inevitable death.

dammit, i thought i had it with the dog and cat thing.

does lead to 2 viable options that may get solved one day ;)

Enneagram
9w1
Learning of Christianity creates an anxiety disorder that can only be calmed through adhering to it or reasoning against it and then ignoring it.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
You literally just repeated the exact same stuff that I already replied to. Try again.

he is saying,''if you have this great intellegence-and i know you are a great,intelligent person,i have always loved you-tell me from where it comes.if existence is without intelligence,you cannot get it-from where? You are the proof existene is intelligent and that is what i mean by god,to me,god is not somebody sitting on the clouds,Tome,god simply means existence is not unintelligent.Ut is an intelligent universe,ad we belong and we are needed,It rejoices in our rejoicings,it celebrations,it dances with our dance.
please read this..
http://www.osho.com/iosho/library/r...93cd4e-626?p=7cc8583458e6330e1acaa84a8c6e8f19

Mole

Permabanned
he is saying,''if you have this great intellegence-and i know you are a great,intelligent person,i have always loved you-tell me from where it comes.if existence is without intelligence,you cannot get it-from where? You are the proof existene is intelligent and that is what i mean by god,to me,god is not somebody sitting on the clouds,Tome,god simply means existence is not unintelligent.Ut is an intelligent universe,ad we belong and we are needed,It rejoices in our rejoicings,it celebrations,it dances with our dance.
please read this..
http://www.osho.com/iosho/library/r...93cd4e-626?p=7cc8583458e6330e1acaa84a8c6e8f19

Osho, who was Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, was a criminal wanted by the USA and India. The Bhagwan owned scores of Rolls Royces, he sexually abuse his female followers, he took part in tax evasion and murder, he was paranoid and dangerous, and his lieutenants were also dangerous.

The Bhagwan was the leader of the Orange People cult, highly successful and wealthy, but the Orange People cult no longer exists since they discovered the nature of their guru, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh.

We also know our own cult guru, Carl Jung, was bad and mad, but still we hang on his every word.

Morfinyon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I don't really actively believe that there aren't any gods/supernatural beings/whatever but I just don't care about it?
There's not really any need for me to go out of my way and believe in something that may exist just because it's written in some story book?
I didn't grow up in a religious country so being religious isn't the norm to me. The norm here is being agnostic/atheist.

Mole

Permabanned
I don't really actively believe that there aren't any gods/supernatural beings/whatever but I just don't care about it?
There's not really any need for me to go out of my way and believe in something that may exist just because it's written in some story book?
I didn't grow up in a religious country so being religious isn't the norm to me. The norm here is being agnostic/atheist.

We are all trapped by the taken for granted. We take for granted that which is the norm in our parochial corner of the world.

What is more interesting is to see the relationship between belief and disbelief, between illusion and disillusion.

Such a relationship informs not only religion but many other aspects of life. And the relationship is dynamic and mutually exclusive: while we believe, we exclude disbelief, and while we disbelieve, we exclude belief.

So it is impossible to hold belief and disbelief at the same time, but time rolls on so we can sequentially hold belief and disbelief. Unfortunately many of us can't do this and resort to violence to maintain our hold on one or the other.

Violence is good at maintaining our identity. Violence helps us maintain our identity as believers or disbelievers.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
first off i cant understand how one could actualy be an atheist.heres why?
how can you conclude that theres no god no soul no consiousness that exsists after death how can you actualy conclude this?
what can you sure that you can say''there is no soul that exsists after death'' or we have no souls and are simply a body and matter
you might say lack of evidence i think there plenty of evidence out there that suggests a soul.
my own view on atheism is that atheism is just magical thinking or ego gymnastics,because you dont want to accept something about the soul/god/buddhism/hinduism/ect you start to look for evidence to suggest that the soul doesnt exsist,its like this one gay guy that use to eb a christian,he was a christian untill he saw that christianity doesnt accept gay people so after realizing he could not get rid of his gayism,he did an ego shift,or tricked himself into beliving god doesnt exsist,looke dfor evidence and found it...so there?

I have critically examined the evidence in favour of the existence of the Abrahamic God, and from a logical point of view, I find it to be unlikely. But that's not the real reason that I am an atheist. We can argue using logic all day, but it is impossible to conclusive prove or disprove God's existence. In the end, I am an atheist because the existence of a personal God is incompatible with my worldview. Just as you believe in a God based on your gut feeling, I believe he does not exist based on my gut feeling, and we both rationalize after the fact.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
I have critically examined the evidence in favour of the existence of the Abrahamic God, and from a logical point of view, I find it to be unlikely. But that's not the real reason that I am an atheist. We can argue using logic all day, but it is impossible to conclusive prove or disprove God's existence. In the end, I am an atheist because the existence of a personal God is incompatible with my worldview. Just as you believe in a God based on your gut feeling, I believe he does not exist based on my gut feeling, and we both rationalize after the fact.

i dont know how but through meditation iv experinced first hand that consiosness exsists without a body and is eternal,im not good ih logic but yes we our soul lives on after death and supernatural powers are real, now all your logi c and augumentation can easily deny this but iv experinced it so i dont know what to say?experince it for youeself?

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
i dont know how but through meditation iv experinced first hand that consiosness exsists without a body and is eternal,im not good ih logic but yes we our soul lives on after death and supernatural powers are real, now all your logi c and augumentation can easily deny this but iv experinced it so i dont know what to say?experince it for youeself?

If I can experience it, I will. A few months ago, I heard that a famous Christian preacher and faith healer was touring in my area. So I went to meet him and received his blessing with an open mind, but I did not experience anything strange or extraordinary.

Mole

Permabanned

It is wonderful you have discovered supernatural powers through meditation.

Indeed those who practise Transcendental Meditation have discovered the supernatural power of flying.

So we are naturally interested to know what supernatural powers you have discovered.