• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I think I am starting to give up on humanity; am I on the right now?

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess one of the main things I was really looking for out of curiousity is just a real reason why human beings, if they are really bad is that what are real or good reasons they should suffer or be punished and we should not care in general? it seems like many people go on saying or acting this way (though, honestly it seems the opposite, the people who think this the most are the ones who are usually way worse) what is a good reason as to why? no one ever gives one, or has an adequate philoshopy.So then, how do others justify wrong doing's or foul actions toward other people? but yet you see it all of the time. But I guess, I am just going over worn out thoughts in my mind that I know already. I mean I don't know, the best I've seen is that human beings commit crimes and are untrustworthy and cannot control themselves so they deserve to be controlled but it really seems like the opposite. Most of us thrive under conditions where we are most able to do ro be what is natural to us.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But right now, it's kind of like we think it's the right thing for us all to be greedy and selfish and to not question only obey. OBEY TM. It's like that Muse song The Handler. Actually the whole album, the song The Globalist was from a perspective of somebody who becomes a dictator and I realized that there's probably a lot of people who start out good but get hurt so badly they decide that human beings are terrible and deserve to be punished for being so inherently flawed. I think that's basically what it is. It's like exacting revenge on the human race because they can.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
The others were bullies because of feelings of insecurity, both instinctual and through environment.

Did you see the show? Charlie was not mean to the bullies, he just stopped them from harming the new chimp. He was kind.

He may have had a instinctual sense that group cooperation is needed in order to survive. Darwin actually did not promote the idea of individual selection - every creature for himself, but instead group selection in which acts of altruism from the individual can ensure the survival of the species. Individual survival at the cost of others is destruction, and often counterproductive to survival. It is a coping mechanism for harm.

Edit: there is one type of moral reasoning that reduces every concept to a binary proposition. It is a way to excuse any type of behavior. It is a way to negate a sense of morality. Saying that every creature is mean, but they just direct it differently negates the truth about moral behavior. To act defensively in order to protect is not equivalent to acting offensively to harm and dominate. Within each of those concepts exists a continuum. The same arguments are falsely made for abortion, diet, etc. People will say eating a vegetable is killing a plant and therefore an equivalent action to eating an intelligent lifeform. Once again, it reduces it to a binary proposition in order to negate morality. Not to become too tangential, but the diet issue would then morally justify eating people just as easily as a salad. It isn't a rational approach. Protective behaviors can also be reduced to a binary proposition, which distorts the reality of it and nullifies morality.

Insecurity is a causal predictor. What is it that takes "insecurity" to "bully"? What is the motivation?

We could get into a debate regarding morality; its very existence has been debated for millenia.

To hurt an invading predator, is that wrong?

To protect a contagious individual, rather than expelling them, given that the former leads to spread of disease and the latter contains it; is that right?

To think that a harmless new-comer is an invading, toxin carrier is rather delusional.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Denis Pragger is right : unless we chose to face the truth and grow up, denial is much more comfortable.

Blindness:woot:

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Denis Pragger is right : unless we chose to face the truth and grow up, denial is much more comfortable.

Blindness:woot:

Yes, that's very true.

Let me see, gonna go read my fiction now, I AM FROM BEYOND WORLDS

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The only reason Left or Right was brought up in the first place is because of the thread title, but I'm enjoying this tangent.

Yeah, the right doesn't all together have anything to do with it but I couldn't help it, god forgive me...

GOD FORGIVE, SPARE THE ROD!!!!

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=25922]Blackout[/MENTION]

I have some suggestions and a question for you.

Look into historical study of our species, Chomsky gives quite a good fundamental account of the development of liberal progress in the context of historical residues; check out the Chomsky Focult debate.

I would point out to you, that even, just with regard to the West: the general standard for cultural life, family life, social-ethos, was greatly impacted by WWII, and to a large extent, western civilization has yet to recover the sensibilities which were shocked out of so many people; this shock, has yet to be forgotten through the processes of emotional inheritance, past down through the generations; which frankly, make manifestations like Trump, and the broad appeal of juvenile rhetoric, more understandable, if not palatable.

---
What is your technical definition of "liberal"?
Well no I'm not really liberal, I am quite weary of term the at this point.
Well it was change for certain, but I don't know it I would equate it all to to merely difficult or traumatic emotions. I would almost wager that, for whatever odd reason beyond the shock there's been an insistence not to change and remain in the past. I mean now more then ever that's what I see with the likes of Trump even, is just this desire to stay back there, but necessarily for specific reasons but for comfort and security almost?

And likewise with post-war prosperity and vets always kind of being left at the wayside, abandoned or forgotten about, I wonder if the impact of the wars forgotten as well. Though I suppose, it certainly was a defining catalyst as well?

One would argue Europe as well dealing with similar experiences and that perhaps the west is merely only following likewise at this point in time. I believe they are trying to start a union between the States, Mexico and Canada now like in Europe?

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=25922]Blackout[/MENTION] Your signature :wubbie::wubbie::wubbie:

Oh .... this is me (with more hair though and some shoes on) :gleam::smoke:

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=25922]Blackout[/MENTION] Your signature :wubbie::wubbie::wubbie:

Oh .... this is me (with more hair though and some shoes on) :gleam::smoke:
What?

Anyway, I don't know if it was clear or not initially with the start of this thread, but perhaps to provide some clarity on what I was trying to get across is that the idea or thought of human beings and human nature itself intrinsically being "bad" or at least in a sense, that it is destructive to itself, and perhaps the planet and other life forms itself? it sort of has brought to mind what Bill Hicks said about how "all this self congratulatory patting ourselves on the back has to stop. We like to try and tell ourselves how great we are all the time, but we're just freaking viruses with tap dancing shoes. Come on people!" (or something like that) and it made me realize that we like to always think highly about ourselves by default but is it really true?

I know it's a very potentially upsetting and taboo subject, but I had hoped that some would speak about it in a genuine and more open manner, instead of hiding their real thoughts.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Humanity is too badass to be ruled "bad". We're just too fucking good at everything, including being good. Human potential is comically advantageous in life all the time. All the flaws of humanity thrown together can barely compare to their accomplishments today and to come. It's a lack of complacency that drives some humans to go completely ape shit on life and do amazing things, I think. Even if most humans are shit (they're not), the ones that aren't will do great things anyway.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But I suppose I would like to add that, the more I have thought about this...

Human being's innate or essential nature, what we are...what makes us human being's? what are the defining features and I was left at kind of a blank. It's really difficult and hard to say for certain what makes us who we are. You could observe and say "that's how human being's are" but even then, you will always witness or find deviations from the norm and no real concrete definitive way of saying "this is how we are, this is how human beings are" except for the fact that I think we all desire love of some kind, and connection.

So I would with human being's, it's the fact that we aren't quite animals. We have the same urges and instincts as them, but what sets us apart is choice and the fact that above all we always have the choice, and that we all have free-will.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What?

Anyway, I don't know if it was clear or not initially with the start of this thread, but perhaps to provide some clarity on what I was trying to get across is that the idea or thought of human beings and human nature itself intrinsically being "bad" or at least in a sense, that it is destructive to itself, and perhaps the planet and other life forms itself? it sort of has brought to mind what Bill Hicks said about how "all this self congratulatory patting ourselves on the back has to stop. We like to try and tell ourselves how great we are all the time, but we're just freaking viruses with tap dancing shoes. Come on people!" (or something like that) and it made me realize that we like to always think highly about ourselves by default but is it really true?

I know it's a very potentially upsetting and taboo subject, but I had hoped that some would speak about it in a genuine and more open manner, instead of hiding their real thoughts.

Sad when the villains bring up the same points that really make you think... yes. Virus'. And what about morals.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What?

I was talking about the image under your signature man ! :wubbie:

I'd like to help with open manners and so on but actually I feel in a sad mood and I'm not at my best so I can't use my left brain for now.

I am a bit like Doctor Jekyll and mister Hide. When Doctor Jekyll will be back I'll be ready to reflect reasonably and seriously using my logic cells.

Mole

Permabanned
we aren't quite animals. We have the same urges and instincts as them, but what sets us apart is choice and the fact that above all we always have the choice, and that we all have free-will.

We are a unique animal in that we are meaning creating animals.

We know that as long as we have meaning, we can endure almost any circumstance.

Another way of putting it is that meaning allows us to adapt to almost any circumstance. And it is adaption that drives natural selection. So we might say we have been selected for meaning.

This would suggest that if there is life in other parts of the universe meaning will also be selected there as well.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was talking about the image under your signature man ! :wubbie:

I'd like to help with open manners and so on but actually I feel in a sad mood and I'm not at my best so I can't use my left brain for now.

I am a bit like Doctor Jekyll and mister Hide. When Doctor Jekyll will be back I'll be ready to reflect reasonably and seriously using my logic cells.

Your left brain is quite the flirt.