User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is time travel possible?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 28.13%
  • No

8 25.00%
  • Yes, but only forwards

13 40.63%
  • Yes, but only backwards

2 6.25%
First 678

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ?

Oh, reminds me of Alan Watts, I wonder if that's what he meant by that,

“Let's suppose that you were able every night to dream any dream that you wanted to dream. And that you could, for example, have the power within one night to dream 75 years of time. Or any length of time you wanted to have. And you would, naturally as you began on this adventure of dreams, you would fufill all your wishes. You would have every kind of pleasure you could conceive. And after several nights of 75 years of total pleasure each, you would say "Well, that was pretty great." But now let's have a surprise. Let's have a dream which isn't under control. Where something is gonna happen to me that I don't know what it's going to be. And you would dig that and come out of that and say "Wow, that was a close shave, wasn't it?" And then you would get more and more adventurous, and you would make further and further out gambles as to what you would dream. And finally, you would dream ... where you are now. You would dream the dream of living the life that you are actually living today.” - Alan Watts
    We are Bob.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    639 so/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Let's talk about physics, shall we?
    Forwards: there are certain conditions that make it impossible. Read about relativity. You'd need to travel at c (light) speed, at which "external, Earth misured" time stops. The problem is that for us it is mathematically impossible because we'd need to have mass 0. Also, if I'm not wrong, the energy needed to push anything to c is INFINITE. Not "a very big amount", but a straight mathematical asymptote.
    Tomorrow I'll check in with the formulas, since I've studied this too much time ago and I'm writing this quick since I'm heading to bed.
    Backwards: entropy. Thermodynamics: "in an isolated system (the universe), entropy can only increase." The classical example is "you can't uncook an egg", the microscopical/statistical interpretation explains why it's mathematically impossible to get all the microstates in a more ordinated set (the previous one). So, you can't set the universe back to those previous macrostates.
    As I said before, tomorrow I'll come back with a better explaination, but those are the key concepts, if anyone wants to look into them.
    I don't think that it's so personal
    Anymore
    I don't think that it's irreversible
    Anymore
    Sometimes I feel like I'm a sentimental trooper.

6w5 - 3w4 - 9w8 so/sp
    RLUEI
    Chaotic neutral.
    LII-Ne.

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

I have a Timey Whimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff. Also boil an egg at thirty paces. Whether you want it to or not actually. Got to keep it away from hens. It's never fun when they blow.

I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...

Pansexual

Non Binary/Gender Fluid
    Polyamorous

Bard/Rogue
    Chaotic Neutral
    Slytherin

4w3 7w6 8w9
    ESFP
    Sanguine/Full of Goo...Vision Goo.

Who knows what goes on in the mind of a cat?

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

It is possible back in the ancient days witches have a spell to travel any time they want or work with time travels. There have been plenty of evidence inthe ancient days
    YouTube
    The story of atlantis regardless whether or not it is true ask yourself this what part of it is true. It is going to happen any way
    Do as you please we are as gods