• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Our place in time

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=17729]Typh0n[/MENTION]

I'd say all of them ;) The present is the present because of a specific past, and their present happiness is directly affecting their immediate future (because acknowledging happiness, even if it takes a milisecond, makes you recognize the immediate future "nows" as happy). The present, depending on how positive/melancholic you are, is either the future of the past or the past of the future.

Well said, and I couldn't agree more. :)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I sometimes believe I'm living two seconds at a time, i.e.: the past second, and the future second. I say the word NOW, and when I finish saying it, is not that specific NOW anymore. So NOW is just the average between the past and the future second.

"From now on" equals "in the near future"
"Up to now" equals "in the recent past"

I also find it confusing when people say "I should be doing ... now", because they refer to an extended amount of time. Maybe NOW is a chain of NOWS that happen to occur while you're doing something else (for example, saying the word NOW).

The question is: should we care about the NOW or instead of saying NOW so many times we should be doing those "something elses" in order to have better future NOWS?

(No, I'm not high, I'm just in the right mood for my writings)

I was born high despite never touching drugs. It's a question that always comes up. I think differently than most people and that has always been for better or worse.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
I was born high despite never touching drugs. It's a question that always comes up. I think differently than most people and that has always been for better or worse.

I don't think this is topic-related, but I always say that I'm like Achilles, only that being dipped in River Styx, I was dipped in a pool of LSD, which means that I see everything in a weird, fascinating way, but one of my heels doesn't understand the fun. I have never touched drugs either. I mean, I already have crazy ideas (that, yes, no one understands) being completely clean and sober... I imagine myself trying to rape a policeman or stealing dinosaur bones from a museum to mix it with my shampoo.

My friends say I'd never do drugs/drink alcohol. I once called an open 24/7 vet to ask the man if female parrots had a higher pitch than males, because I wanted to teach them to sing opera and form a group: The Oparrot. Never got an answer :cry: