• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are dumb people worth talking to?

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
Wise men command the lame like a piper, true fools are far between.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
By dumb I assume you mean a person who does not speak.

I think whether you would talk to someone like that is up to you.

The conversation wouldn't go far unless you knew signing. Still it would seem pretty cruel not to talk to them because it denies them social interaction.

S16M4

Permabanned
Are dumb people worth talking to?

I see dumbness as being subjective, so I give them all a benefit of doubt. Regarding some subjects, I could be the dumb one. Matter of fact, I'm fairly dumb on many things.

or

If you mean dumb as in retarded, I still interact with them. They're like kids. I love kids.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There's different types of intelligence and we can all learn from everyone, even someone we would consider "dumb". As long as someone is nice and kind to me, I don't really care what their intelligence is. Arrogant, self-absorbed, rude and close-minded people are the ones I tend to ignore. So EQ is far more important to me when it comes to interactions / relationships. Except of course in cases where I am looking for intellectual stimulation, but even then I'm not too picky.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If they're kind and good-natured, I'd gladly talk to them over a pseudo-intellectual a-hole.

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How far away can someone be in intelligence from you before you just "don't bother"?
If by intelligence, you mean common sense...
Then, no, I do not like to "mommy" a grown adult.

Otherwise, I would feel offended if the other did not understand my ramblings. Because they are saying that I'm different, and I just want to be normal. I really wished to connect.

I would define intelligence as the ability to communicate clearly.

I don't bother when they throw "responsibility" around like a game. It's a snarky attitude that they have, which repels me... Not expressing their raw feelings; hidden agendas.

Btw [MENTION=27425]Listening[/MENTION] great thread open. =)
Oh, to answer the question final and directly: when they have no interest in mature topics; when they're comfortable in their stupidity. :)
If they bore.
I usually can swallow irrelevant speech, but there comes a point when I gasp for air.