• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is life, really?

What is the nature of life?

• All good - badness is just a mentality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More good than bad - painful things are just anomalies

• Equal parts good and bad - the two balance each other out

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • More bad than good - we spemd 99% of our lives being miserable, but that 1% of goodness is worth t

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • All bad - the good things are just illusions and lies, everyone is out to hurt you.

• Total voters

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The problem is that many of us are stuck at not feeling good. So before we can grow and develop as persons we need to learn to feel good.

And feeling good on a daily and monthly basis enables us to do good.

We can reach out and share our good feelings with others.

So the immediate question for those not feeling good is: how can I learn to feel good every day?

Perhaps the trial is to distinguish between what truly makes you feel good and what doesn't, eh?

Mole

Permabanned
Perhaps the trial is to distinguish between what truly makes you feel good and what doesn't, eh?

Frankly, just as we need to practise the piano to play music, we need spiritual practice to feel good.

Indeed, let me recommend a spiritual practice created by Mole:

Let me introduce you to Mole, Trance Designer. And to a trance designed by Mole.

The name of the trance is 5X5X5 by Mole.

The proximate aim of the trance is relaxation and euphoria and the strategic aim of the trance is Alternance which we can find in the book, L'Alternance: the Art of Joyful Living, The art of joyful living / Jacques Pezé and Peter Roche de Coppens. - Version details - Trove

So we begin our practice by dancing for five minutes then sitting for five minutes, and we of this five times every second day. It takes 50 minutes every second day.

Usually we dance for 5 minutes to music with a fast beat and this induces euphoria, then we sit for 5 minutes, and this kicks in the automatic relaxation response.

And although euphoria and relaxation are worthwhile in themselves, it is the alternance between them that sets us up for joyful living.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Frankly, just as we need to practise the piano to play music, we need spiritual practice to feel good.

Indeed let me recommend a spiritual practice created by Mole:

Let me introduce you to Mole, Trance Designer. And to a trance designed by Mole.

The name of the trance is 5X5X5 by Mole.

The proximate aim of the trance is relaxation and euphoria and the strategic aim of the trance is Alternance which we can find in the book, L'Alternance: the Art of Joyful Living, The art of joyful living / Jacques Pezé and Peter Roche de Coppens. - Version details - Trove

So we begin our practice by dancing for five minutes then sitting for five minutes, and we of this five times every second day. It takes 50 minutes every second day.

Usually we dance for 5 minutes to music with a fast beat and this induces euphoria, then we sit for 5 minutes, and this kick in an automatic relaxation response.

And although euphoria and relaxation are worthwhile in themselves, it is the alternance between them that sets us up for joyful living.

How sweet, but unfortunately I can't dance.

Binaural Beats can give a similar spiritually relaxing effect.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
Good and bad are human constructs.

They have no substance beyond what we channel into it ourselves in accordance to our culture. This is the truth.

This is not to say our constructs are not useful. For without them we would be directionless, which gives forth chaos. They have a use.

I do believe most of our world is corrupt, because of instability, selective apathy, brainwashing, gluttony. There isn't much good in this world, yet in moments of pain it seems what could be percieved as good, more rather selflessness, comes forth as people come together to heal. I don't demonize selfishness like some do, though. I am sp Dom afterall. That is also natural (what people might consider bad). I think the two require a balance, but our world is more so imbalanced and disfunctional.

This is where I sort of feel like I am, what inspired this thread. Thinking I see something in the real world and trying to make sense of it. I've always been attracted to narrative and can (and frequently do) conceptualize life like a story, and I worry more and more that that leads me to be delusionally detached. But if reality is all bad, do I really want any part of it? What's reality like, outside of my experience of it, and how should I face it?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Life is like most buttons on a remote. Nobody knows what their purpose is :)

free electron

MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
5w6
Life is space and time imposing their driving force on us and we have to endure it until we don't have to anymore.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Maybe life is an opportunity to fuck shit up too. Like being a really big asshole and fuck everybody in the ass. On purpose, because one can. Or couldnt and finally needs some cause, so one can.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Life is like a pencil. It starts out flat and slowly sharpens for max potential, but can quickly dull and be easily broken. It's essentially what you make it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
and magic.

pencils never will do magic, they just dream.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tradition!

Respecting and staying true to the past at all time bec....because! tradition! respect!

NYUAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is where I sort of feel like I am, what inspired this thread. Thinking I see something in the real world and trying to make sense of it. I've always been attracted to narrative and can (and frequently do) conceptualize life like a story, and I worry more and more that that leads me to be delusionally detached. But if reality is all bad, do I really want any part of it? What's reality like, outside of my experience of it, and how should I face it?

Well. I once had a midlife crisis over humanities seeming hopelessness... and it wasn't 'all' in my mind.

Reality isn't in a good state. To deny that is to live in a fantasy. Seeing this has nothing to do with being delusional. This doesn't mean it is all bad, there are elements of good that keep us going, living for it, and a hope for some sort of... evolution. To become better than we are. Not black and white. Otherwise. Yes. We merely must enjoy what we have before we become extinct. It is somewhat of a gamble, the nature of humanity. Doesn't mean we wallow in doom, since the future remains unwritten to shape. It's just that most are either delusional of a "satisfactory world" or they see the truth and hide from and deny it with self-fulfilling pleasures, personal bubbles, and whatnot. I don't think everyone can be in total harmony, but I do think it might be possible to evolve passed where we are to not undo ourselves. Well let's just say it's the only value I still see remaining in human existence. Those moments of "natural disasters" showed that to me. Since it reveals deeper natures. For better or worse.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
Doesn't mean we wallow in doom, since the future remains unwritten to shape. It's just that most are either delusional of a "satisfactory world" or they see the truth and hide from and deny it with self-fulfilling pleasures, personal bubbles, and whatnot.

So since.... living is the wrong answer, what is?

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So since.... living is the wrong answer, what is?

Well... It seemed like human lIving was the wrong answer but no that's not my conclusion... not the point. The point is that disasters have shown another side of people (usually a better side) in contrast to the corrupt or apathetic way people normally are. So living isn't pointless, it's how we live. And there's always hope for a better future better to fight for it than give in. I don't know how else to explain. Didn't mean to come off so nihilistic.