• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Goodness and Identity Questions

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
The old Masters were cautious, as if they were crossing a frozed river, alert - TTC.

I would then operate from within my comfort zone or safe zone (imagine a circles borders and you are in the center), and when I have the oppourtunity I expand my zone and influence of bad things. When your CZ increases, so will the thickness of your skin, and the depth of your mind. I call this expansion process for 'elevation', otherwise you are 'circulating'.

Edit: Check out the scale of consciousness. Reminds you of the Enneagrams 9 stages.

Peace

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
Good is not really in my vocabulary... calling someone a good person is not something I would do. I don't like evaluating people's goodness based on their morality and actions... maybe people's healthiness rather. Which would be based off how they are treating themselves and society overall.

I operate kinda like this - weirdly the only person I will ever label good or bad is myself. Maybe because I feel like I can evaluate myself most accurately, since, y'know, I'm always with myself, and can better guess my own intentions.

I'm basically a massively confused hypocrite though: I think intentions are important, but I also think in a sense of "a good person does good things"...by extension of which doing good things make you a good person...regardless of intentions. Yeah, I don't know. And the idea of committing to a moral code makes me anxious.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
I operate kinda like this - weirdly the only person I will ever label good or bad is myself. Maybe because I feel like I can evaluate myself most accurately, since, y'know, I'm always with myself, and can better guess my own intentions.

I'm basically a massively confused hypocrite though: I think intentions are important, but I also think in a sense of "a good person does good things"...by extension of which doing good things make you a good person...regardless of intentions. Yeah, I don't know. And the idea of committing to a moral code makes me anxious.
In Islam, you will be judged for both intention and action.