• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is the soul in the epiphypis?

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Concsience comes from passion and belief in the unknown.

Peace

….but you can be passionate about doing evil and the unknown can be material like extraterrestrial life or immaterial like the concept of a God or even Gods.

Mole

Permabanned
Can anyone prove that we humans have souls?

The soul is metaphysical. It is beyond the physical and is part of the realm of the imagination.

The imagination allows us to transcend the physical, and while the physical and imagination have a relationship, the soul is a way of speaking, it is a figure of speech. It is a deeply resonant figure of speech across different cultures.

So the soul does not denote a physical presence but connotes everything from consciousness to our humanity.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Tardigrades don't need souls. They can live forever.
Waterbear.jpg

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tardigrades don't need souls. They can live forever.
View attachment 15900

Plenty of living things wouldn't need souls in the context we've been discussing plants, animals, insects ect. It's not just the fact that people die plants and animals die; What we're contemplating is conscience.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Plenty of living things wouldn't need souls in the context we've been discussing plants, animals, insects ect. It's not just the fact that people die plants and animals die; What we're contemplating is conscience.

Oh, sorry, I was just being sort of light-hearted there. Which is unusual for me, especially today.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, sorry, I was just being sort of light-hearted there. Which is unusual for me, especially today.

Ok no need to apologize. lol I just thought you were genuinely confused and wanted to help you understand. =D

Ingrid in grids

IDK. What happens when you cut out someone's pineal gland? Do they become soulless? Do redheads not have any pineal glands??? OMG, so many questions.

I'll go sit in a corner now and let you people be serious.

:laugh:

I actually thought at first the OP was referring to the epiphysis of the bone, which is the trabecular "knobby" end part of long bones. I was thinking.... Wait, what? So amputees have less of a soul?

Anyways, the pineal gland is pretty interesting. Histologically, the pineal gland in the human brain contains degraded retinal cells, which is strange for a structure embedded so deeply in the brain. In fish and lizards, the pineal gland is further up the top of the skull, where light can directly affect the organ. This is where it got its "third eye" name. Basically in evolution, that light receptive patch that was once at the top of our skulls when we were lizard people, or whatever, gradually got sucked in further into the brain until it became integrated into the diencephalon. It still develops very rudimentary retinal cells today, but they're completely nonfunctional. The remnants of these suggest why the pineal gland is involved in the sleep-wake cycle and secreting melatonin.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
WTF did I just read? :wacko:

Nvm.

P.S. Maddy, your post was the most 'useful' of them all, ftr.

Mole

Permabanned
The Devil goes round like a roaring beast hunting for souls.

He restrains himself, he wears a suit, and makes an offer for our soul. What would we sell our soul for? Would you settle for social acceptance? Would you like to be normal? Would you like to please your Mom and Dad? Or perhaps you would like a lot of money and a big house? Or is it power you want? Or perhaps you could be bought for sex and drugs? Of do you just want to hurt people, do you just want revenge against all the people who have hurt you? Or pehaps you want to be an artist or a performer? Or could you be bought for fame?

Or if all else fails, could you be bought for love?

Who could resist?