• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cooperation: Islam and Christianity

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Hey

I am Mustafa, a muslim. My Imam has opened our mosque to Christians, and in fact it has always been open since Allah says that it is his house for all kinds of people. Despite the fact that we wish that women respect our "rules" and wear headveil when they enter the moseque. But there was a female Christian leader who entered with her audience to learn and such about Islam without veil. So we have high tolerance.

And I have Asprgers. Once there was a Christian Aspie who converted (reverted) to Islam who said that Islam is more welcoming to Aspies. I am also Shia muslim. I feel that there is much more warmth in Shia mosques than in Sunni mosques. I've been in Churches a few times, I dont know for sure how it is there with Aspies, but according to the Aspie revertit ... I don't care. I like Christians. And Islam wants to dominate over all the religions (i belive that is equal to private aspects) of the world. But it allows for Christians to be judged by their book, their standard and not our standard (We believe in MBTI and diversity appearently and are quite scientific :D ). And islam is quite powerful, really, because our men are real men and we just don't see them because of inernational barriers and sanctions.

Allah says, aswel as my Imam, that we and the Christians should find to a "common word" between us so we can unite. Because we have alot more much more in common that we don't. God is one. And just being a monotheist is enough.

At Jesus birth last year, it happened that the prophet Muhammed was born at the same time or not, his birth is one of two (we follow a different callendar, it was a lucky accident). So the Imam was invited to the Church to hold a speech. And another time. I was at a peace conference with my Imam where there were Christians and Hindus and Buddhists and Sunni (we are Shia).

I think that the higher powers wants us to unite, uner one heaven, but we humans are so racist and occupied with war and money and war that we can't see all the things we have in common and so we can find a solution to what we don't agree about. We humans. Instead we look at our differences and media doesn't help and forget all our commonalities. But the Gods (Allah) wants us to unite under one heaven. Anyone seen the Chinese movie "Hero" about the warrior "Nameless". It was about that.

Just thoughts.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
Islam will be left behind come the unification of our species, like a snake moulting.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
I know Buddhism very well shunyata, and you know you should wish us well. OK ... You probably do. But God is one, in all "decending religions" (Buddhism is ascending religion). But common between Buddhism Islam and Christianithy is there is a final day. There will be snakes molting and maybe after that we will get wings and become birds molting. But first there has to be a final day.

And the prophet Muhammed says my nation will divide into 73 groups (7 and 70 are holy numbers, like seven heavens) and only one will enter heaven. We have a quite intricate book called the Quran, actually. Islam and ALLAH will never diappear.

The Quran says, eveyrthing on it are dying, except the countenance of your Lord.

Peace :)

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Humanity will only be able to really progress once it ditches these archaic religions because they hold us back. Yes there are nice Muslims and there are nice Christians but for all the best intentions from either, they're not really helping.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Humanity will only be able to really progress once it ditches these archaic religions because they hold us back. Yes there are nice Muslims and there are nice Christians but for all the best intentions from either, they're not really helping.

I dunno. A vast majority of people I know are somewhat religious (I'm in the US). I tend to forget that people are actually religious when I step away from the internet and remember where I am. For the most part, I don't think I've known very many religious people who use their religion to persecute others. It's just the vocal minority that give everyone else a bad rap.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
So you're saying we should all become Atheists?

Atheists are not united in heart. Every Atheist is entiteled to his own "opinion" or world.

Muslims and Christians are not united at heart too, all of them, and can reach unity. And together they make up the majority of the world. The way I see it that Atheism is the fastests growing "cult" is because of ignorance of something better than can reach to unity. They believe that if they all became passively defiant, the would be no more evil. No more war. But that is childish.

Allah says, even if humans and Jinns all gathered, they couldn't do what Allah (alone) could do. Which is to unite the world under one religion (the private aspect). And that implies that Islam is made to rule the whole of the life of the human, instead of belonging to the left or the right which are human constructs instead of divine.

/DG/

Muslims and Christians are not united at heart too, all of them, and can reach unity. And together they make up the majority of the world. The way I see it that Atheism is the fastests growing "cult" is because of ignorance of something better than can reach to unity. They believe that if they all became passively defiant, the would be no more evil. No more war. But that is childish.

No, that is not what atheists think. You think that we think bad things will magically go away because we don't believe in a deity? I am not at all following you.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
I am saying the goal is unity under one heaven.

And I am saying that Atheists are often pacifists (which is similar to being passive).

The Atheists are taking the law in their own hands (humans creation of law and such).

But the natural law is that of God, Allah, if you believe in him you will become passive and not restless and definetly not a coward whom hides behind the law (maybe a brave beind the law) and life will go smooth and .... Was it JFK the president whom got shot by a madman? That wont happen if you belive in Allah.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
So we have high tolerance.

Ok. Let's see...

I like Christians. And Islam wants to dominate over all the religions

Do you see the where your tolerance just drove right off a cliff?

I am also Shia muslim. I feel that there is much more warmth in Shia mosques than in Sunni mosques.

Get your own house in order before you criticize another religion. You have a Shia/Sunni issue - deal with that. Reach out to your Sunni counterparts - stop killing each other for openers. Then perhaps the rest of the world will believe you when you say you are a religion of peace and only desire harmony.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Ok. Let's see...

Do you see the where your tolerance just drove right off a cliff?

Get your own house in order before you criticize another religion. You have a Shia/Sunni issue - deal with that. Reach out to your Sunni counterparts before you tackle other religions, stop killing each other for openers. Then perhaps the rest of the world will believe you when you say you are a religion of peace and only desire harmony.
IF ALLAH had willed to subdue all of humanity, he could have done that straight away. But he gave man free will so he could chose wheither he wants to follow that straight path or do good things (not what someones dormant heart says), or do bad things and end in hell. Here in this world, Muslims have no authority to kill or punish someone (unless it is a really bad case). Murder comes next the most major sin. Those who kills are NOT Shias and they are not Muslims.

The whole world is cruel and ruined, so don't tell me go fix you own house. .... As a matter of fact, I have a house. It is Mecca. Allahs house. What is yours? You follow your desire and is blown randomly by the wind here and there.

/DG/

The Atheists are taking the law in their own hands (humans creation of law and such).

First of all, in my country, it wasn't atheists who created the law anyway. The Christians who came over from Europe did...

But the natural law is that of God, Allah, if you believe in him you will become passive and not restless and definetly not a coward whom hides behind the law (maybe a brave beind the law) and life will go smooth and ....

Thanks! I can now see how tolerant you truly are! Have a great day and try not to get your head too far up your ass! Sometimes it can get stuck up there!

Was it JFK the president whom got shot by a madman? That wont happen if you belive in Allah.

And there are thousands more that kill in the name of their religion. Clearly believing in Allah hasn't stopped these people.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was raised being taken to church every sunday by my mom and I still remember that after 9/11 when there was a lot of anti-islam sentiments going around our sunday school teacher, who was my friend's mom, decided that instead of looking at the bible we were going to look at the quran instead and go through the stories that the two had in common and understand that, while there are definite differences between the two religions that they were more like brothers than strangers, raised under the same roof. I really appreciated that she did that :)

personally, I've been more in the atheist/agnostic category from the moment I can remember thinking about religion, but the ties between them and the similarities and differences between them fascinate me

Cowardly

deactivated
Allah says, even if humans and Jinns all gathered, they couldn't do what Allah (alone) could do. Which is to unite the world under one religion (the private aspect). And that implies that Islam is made to rule the whole of the life of the human, instead of belonging to the left or the right which are human constructs instead of divine.

The divine is also a human construct.

For some people (e.g., me), this concept of unity is rather scary.

Was it JFK the president who got shot by a madman? That wont happen if you believe in Allah.
Why not?

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
I was raised being taken to church every sunday by my mom and I still remember that after 9/11 when there was a lot of anti-islam sentiments going around our sunday school teacher, who was my friend's mom, decided that instead of looking at the bible we were going to look at the quran instead and go through the stories that the two had in common and understand that, while there are definite differences between the two religions that they were more like brothers than strangers, raised under the same roof. I really appreciated that she did that :)

personally, I've been more in the atheist/agnostic category from the moment I can remember thinking about religion, but the ties between them and the similarities and differences between them fascinate me

You're gentle as always. Thanks for dropping in. Talking to strangers scares me and makes me "spring out my claws and teeth". I do have Aspergers.

But I like Ene's signature. About that master telling his studend how he can reconsile war with peace. Islam, and I have the same issue. We are not offensive, we are not pacifist, we are defensive. So you have to be a bad guy before we take you out. And we are like Ninjas. Yes. Ninjas. God, Allah puts his secret in the weakest of his creation. So we are with the weak, and if you attack like nuke all the weak. Then VENGANCE is MINE HAHAHA.

But [MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION]. I think you will go to heaven. Because you are doing so many good things. To know Islam, and what is to know Islam? If you had only known. You won't go to hell if you don't know or have heard what Islam is. And you are not obligated to investigate in it. But if you are a good person, then you will find that Islam is a perfect match for you, and only the unjust can deny Islam. I thank you for telling me that Atheism and Agnostism is all you have ever known. And BTW, Allah says in the Quran, that men are breadwinners and "the male is not like the female". ;) So you can chill. My mother says that women in Islam don't have to do any form of struggel or house chores. Poor man. Haha. But it is all great.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
The divine is also a human construct.

For some people (e.g., me), this concept of unity is rather scary.

Why not?
The creed of Islam is "I witness there is no God .... And further .... Except Allah. And the prophet Muhammed is his messenger.

The prophet Muhammed is the missing link. Like Buddha is the missing link to emptiness. But Buddhism doesn't have a god. And silence is ... Doesn't speak. We believe that Allah has spoken to Us through the Quran through angel Gabriel. They could be Aliens for all i know. But I know that the Quran holds great secrets and truths.

Cowardly

deactivated
The creed of Islam is "I witness there is no God .... And further .... Except Allah. And the prophet Muhammed is his messenger.

The prophet Muhammed is the missing link. Like Buddha is the missing link to emptiness. But Buddhism doesn't have a god. And silence is ... Doesn't speak. We believe that Allah has spoken to Us through the Quran through angel Gabriel. They could be Aliens for all i know. But I know that the Quran holds great secrets and truths.

How is that related to my question?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're gentle as always. Thanks for dropping in. Talking to strangers scares me and makes me "spring out my claws and teeth". I do have Aspergers.

But I like Ene's signature. About that master telling his studend how he can reconsile war with peace. Islam, and I have the same issue. We are not offensive, we are not pacifist, we are defensive. So you have to be a bad guy before we take you out. And we are like Ninjas. Yes. Ninjas. God, Allah puts his secret in the weakest of his creation. So we are with the weak, and if you attack like nuke all the weak. Then VENGANCE is MINE HAHAHA.

But [MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION]. I think you will go to heaven. Because you are doing so many good things. To know Islam, and what is to know Islam? If you had only known. You won't go to hell if you don't know or have heard what Islam is. And you are not obligated to investigate in it. But if you are a good person, then you will find that Islam is a perfect match for you, and only the unjust can deny Islam. I thank you for telling me that Atheism and Agnostism is all you have ever known. And BTW, Allah says in the Quran, that men are breadwinners and "the male is not like the female". ;) So you can chill. My mother says that women in Islam don't have to do any form of struggel or house chores. Poor man. Haha. But it is all great.

In Dante's book, The Inferno, those who were unaware of Christianity but were virtuous were still sent to Hell, but got to stay in a higher and less violent level of it... other versions of Christianity are more forgiving and I find it reassuring that there is Islam that can look at things with the same forgiving attitude. :)

it seems that each religion is its own universe of various beliefs, as each individual filters the words through their minds and life experiences... even if two people hear the same exact sermon their interpretations of it will differ at least slightly... I once spent a summer staying in a convent and teaching english and found it fascinating how the liberation theology that the nuns followed differed from the religion that I was used to running across back at home

and that seems to be the same philosophy that my grandfather taught all of his grandchildren about fighting... never be the first to throw a punch, but once the other person makes that mistake DO NOT LET THEM WIN

Mole

Permabanned
Religion in Oz

We have freedom of religion. This means we can choose our religion or no religion. It also means we have the separation of religion and the State. And it means religion is a private matter, not a public matter.

But Islam does not believe in the separation of religion and the State, and does not believe in keeping religion private.

By contrast, Christianity accepts and practises the separation of religion and the State. There is no State religion in Oz. And Christians practise common decency an keep their religion private.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
How is that related to my question?
Because like in RPG games, role playing games, the boss always comes in the end. First you have to fight his minions. And I believe in hirearchy strating from Allah, the lord of the worlds, and not in equality which is another solution for the same problem, there is equality between believers.

And Sunnies and Maybe Shia says that we are one body. I don't always pray, but when I pray I pray for all muslims. Not terrorists.