• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Bible is as Toxic as Quran, but Christians Don't Believe the Bible Literally"

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
From what I have read, the causes were mainly political, as in power struggles among ruling factions. It has been much the same with Christianity, since at root, people are people. The differences are mainly in flavor and degree. Even now, Biblical arguments are used to direct or condemn various forms of scientific inquiry. It was worse during the time of the Inquisition, when the discoveries of scientists like Galileo threatened to undercut justifications for church hierarchy and authority.
I don't think it must be so, in Islam spesifically. I think it is more Asia vs. The West. The west being physical and metric and Asia mystical.

Mole

Permabanned
The Scriptoriums, the Renaissance, and the Enlightenment

The Christian Bible was written in Ancient Greek, so naturally the Christians could read, write and speak Ancient Greek.

And naturally the Christians wished to understand, not only the Ancient Greek Bible, but the science, the philosophy, the politics, the history, the literature, the great plays, the art, sculpture, and architecture, the sport, and warfare of Ancient Greece.

So the Christians collected the Ancient Greek manuscripts in the Scriptoriums of the monasteries of Christendom.

In the Scriptoriums the Ancient Greek manuscripts were copied by hand and studied and annotated. And then the Ancient Greek manuscripts were distributed to all the monasteries of Christendom.

And it was from this huge base of Ancient Greek learning that the Western Renaissance was born. And from the Western Renaissance sprang the Western Enlightenment of evidence and reason, freedom and equality.

By contrast, Islam rejected the Ancient Greeks as infidels, just as Islam today rejects the Ancient Greeks, just as Islam rejects today evidence and reason, freedom and equality.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
I believe people are of two kinds, a brother in faith and equal in humanity - Imam Ali