First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    782 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    Your humour is cleverly tongue-in-cheek @OptoGypsy. Yes, I have devoured both tongue and cheek (beef and fish respectively, sorry if this disappoints).

The Historian Josephus recounts parents resorting to eating their own children during the fall of Jerusalem to the Roman army; starvation being rampant due to imprisonment within their own walled city. I have always thought such is the epitome of horror within the human experience. The simple house cat was greatly in decline after World War II in many parts of the world for much the same reason.
    There is an interesting scene from a autobiography written by a Pentecostal of when he was young during the genocide of the USSR. They were mistreated by the father superior that wanted a little bit more attention and respect for his buffoonish personality. This village was left to starve. People were committing suicide, death, and other atrocities. He even walked by a baby that had bitten its dead mothers tit off for nourishment. In my opinion the reason to live and die is to fight for peoples self expression and your own and their suffering leading to a transcendent moment of dying to your ego and becoming one with Christ. This is the final and only worthy act of rebellion.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    782 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

@Cloudpatrol There is an interesting scene from a autobiography written by a Pentecostal of when he was young during the genocide of the USSR. They were mistreated by the father superior that wanted a little bit more attention and respect for his buffoonish personality. This village was left to starve. People were committing suicide, death, and other atrocities. He even walked by a baby that had bitten its dead mothers tit off for nourishment. In my opinion the reason to live and die is to fight for peoples self expression and your own and their suffering leading to a transcendent moment of dying to your ego and becoming one with Christ. This is the final and only worthy act of rebellion.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    782 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

@wolfnara sounds like a boring existence have you heard of Kierkegaard's three stages of life? The only things essential to life are food, water, air and a tent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    I enjoy reading your thoughts because you are very passionate @Mole. I find you speak in absolutes which is not the path that my mind travels, but I think on your words. I feel that there is more "give" within you than sometimes you express and that simply is due to the strong feelings behind your beliefs.

For example I know it bothers you if the word "hate" is applied to things you value, so I think you would be open to things that in heat of the moment you may brand as disgusting. I am not specifically referring to anything in this thread. I am only saying that where you can read as absolute at times, I do NOT think you are unyielding, though ARE highly principled.
    Disgust is a basic human emotion experienced across many cultures.

And interestingly the open expression of the emotion disgust is not politically correct in Western cultures.

This is because disgust is a spontaneous sign that a taboo has been broken, and the West valourises the breaking of taboos, and turns the breaking of taboos into a fetish.

So naturally the spontaneous feeling of disgust must be suppressed in politically correct culture. Indeed disgust is now conflated with hate speech.

But the suppression of the natural, spontaneous emotion of disgust, requires we suppress other natural, spontaneous emotions, such as joy, lest we offend the politically correct.

Freud talks about the return of the repressed, so disgust doesn't go away, it just returns in malignant forms.

Default The Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by OptoGypsy View Post
    In my opinion the reason to live and die is to fight for peoples self expression and your own and their suffering leading to a transcendent moment of dying to your ego and becoming one with Christ. This is the final and only worthy act of rebellion.
    And in my opinion, dying to your ego and becoming one with Christ is a form of madness, for the ego rationally mediates between our ideals and our desires, and enables our ideals and our desires to be reasonably satisfied.

Becoming one with Christ is an eschatological fantasy set out beautifully in the florid madness of the last book of the Bible called The Book of Revelation.

The Book of Revelation is well written and well illustrates the madness of the eschatological fantasy.
    Likes Duffy liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    782 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    And in my opinion, dying to your ego and becoming one with Christ is a form of madness, for the ego rationally mediates between our ideals and our desires, and enables our ideals and our desires to be reasonably satisfied.

Becoming one with Christ is an eschatological fantasy set out beautifully in the florid madness of the last book of the Bible called The Book of Revelation.

The Book of Revelation is well written and well illustrates the madness of the eschatological fantasy.
    It can be argued that John was a figure that needed lithium while in solitary confinement. I think the opposite is true if one is truly an atheist and lives by their convictions instead of thinking of the concepts in abstractions they are wishful thinkers that are delusional or go mad. Ivan Karamazov's Mistake by Ralph C. Wood | Articles | First Things If you truly think otherwise I'm open to discussing life and philosophy as I'm truly ignorant, but before you go into that sphere I recommend reading the essay to better understand from where I'm coming from. Thank You

I think whatever purpose a person arrives at is ultimately a confidence trick. For some people it comes as an epiphany, but that strikes me as a tad convenient. Rather, I think it exists within, from the very beginning, a fail safe which triggers under the appropriate conditions. As a species, we replicate, and that's it. I mean, what purpose does a virus have? One can only hope the cosmos has administered a vaccine, in the form of say ... a meteor? One can only hope.

Personally, I have difficulty shrugging off the lack of purpose and meaning. HA! I blame my ego, the origin of suffering. It hasn't gotten bad enough for me to want to kill myself, at least not yet. My days become bearable enough, because I become distracted enough and comfortable enough. But enough is not enough. From when I was very young to now, all I see is suffering and struggle.... that's all that ever is and ever will be.... in fact that's the catalyst for everything... the fire, the will, the raison d'etre.

MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    I live for the experience of life. At present, there is nothing I would die for.
    Actually, my thoughts are similar.

Although, if the question is "what would i choose to die for?" then in the moment, i'd probably deem connection worthy, depending how deep of one i had with said person. Assuming that it's my life vs theirs.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes, I know what I live for. When I was younger I was just happy to be alive, I think living is the point for most living things. They want to be alive and avoid pain and perhaps reproduce. Anything that destroys life unnecessarily is evil. So I oppose anything that unnecessarily destroys life, not just my own, but my fellow man, animals, rain forest, etc. I think anything that is fundamentally wrong is fundamentally wrong because it destroys life unnecessarily. (Necessary destruction of life are things like lions hunting gazelles for food; unnecessary is Douchebag McGee hunting elephants because he thinks it's "exciting").

I have found my life's purpose, and it's quite an easy one because it's staring us all in the face. I won't be party to the ultimate destruction of the earth, and I will dissuade and even force others not to, if I must.
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

Default Blood Sacrifice and Narcissism

The basis of religion is blood sacrifice. It was only a short time ago we sacrificed babies in the foundations of temples, and indeed our largest religion, Christianity, is based on the sacrifice of the Cross.

Australia, for instance, is based on the blood sacrifice of war, and our most sacred site is the War Memorial in our Capital of Canberra.

Blood sacrifice shows we are fair dinkum, we are genuine, and mean what we say.

So the way we show what we live for is what we die for. And today the holy martyrs of Islam, the suicide bombers, show that they live for the ultimate domination of Islam.

What is striking is that the narcissists won't die for anything, and so have nothing to live for.