• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do we live or die FOR?

Mole

Permabanned
The eunuchs are especially not masters they are slaves to religiosity in the same way as the Sanhedrin of the NT, yet their existence is important in small numbers for several communities, it is important to remember the scene of the wedding at Cana

To quote myself from other threads of the time I also posted that response...

" that is the type that is stupid enough to believe in change through reformation or revolution without realizing that we live in an eternal cycle under the cosmos. They're idiots under the illusion and self deception of freedom. I too am a fool as I'm a slave that is conscious of his power and chains there is two different ways to view this you are either the slave to a God/Satan relationship or to the Cosmos. Murder is cool, especially if you do it yourself. If it helps I prefer the God/Devil combo because it makes blasphemy/heresy more personal, I love being an ego in an imaginary reality created by my mind. Prometheus > Sisyphus and most definitely greater than Dionysian with his Nietzsche whose work makes the Unabomber look like an intelligent logician. In all seriousness it's because it is the most rational system portrayed in all of its glory by its Russian thinkers"

"Rebellion and revolution lead to murder and the cycle once again continues with the collapse and the birth of the new regime, just ask SPARTACUS or the Russians, etc. Freedom is an illusion and anyone that thinks otherwise is self deceptive or mad. MASS SUICIDE SADES STYLE THE ONE THAT SURVIVES IS THE UNIQUE AND FREE!!! "

These thoughts are informed by the politics that maximises power, yet we have a functioning politics today called liberal democracy that limits power.

And yet we don't seem to realise what we have.

This is because our natural instinct is to maximise power. But it is through the genius of the Western Enlightenment that we discovered the secret of politics that limits power.

Unfortunately narcissists do not want to be personally limited and so are unable to appreciated the politics of limitation.

And although narcissists live in a functioning liberal democracy they plainly hanker for totalitarian politics of the Left or the Right or Theocracy.

Yes, narcissists are truly deeply disgusting.

And disgust is a sign that a taboo has been broken. And the taboo is against fouling our own nest. It is a taboo protecting common decency.

Common decency makes no sense to narcissists.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These thoughts are informed by the politics that maximises power, yet we have a functioning politics today called liberal democracy that limits power.

This is because our natural instinct is to maximise power. But it is through the genius of the Western Enlightenment that we discovered the secret of politics that limits power.

Unfortunately narcissists do not want to be personally limited and so are unable to appreciated the politics of limitation.

And although narcissists live in a functioning liberal democracy they plainly hanker for totalitarian politics of the Left or the Right or Theocracy.

And disgust is a sign that a taboo has been broken. And the taboo is against fouling our own nest. It is a taboo protecting common decency.

The System will continue as it has been until the state engulfs Christ. Which will never happen... We can't build a tower of babel to heaven or take heaven down to earth, humans are destined to forever live under a master and slave morality.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I read the fables as a child. Different people have different taste buds although I heard that impoverished children are delicious in a a suffering economy... Hannibal Lector seems to like it although he is a cheat since he has yet to gain the scrotum to eat his own...

Your humour is cleverly tongue-in-cheek [MENTION=20474]OptoGypsy[/MENTION]. Yes, I have devoured both tongue and cheek (beef and fish respectively, sorry if this disappoints).

The Historian Josephus recounts parents resorting to eating their own children during the fall of Jerusalem to the Roman army; starvation being rampant due to imprisonment within their own walled city. I have always thought such is the epitome of horror within the human experience. The simple house cat was greatly in decline after World War II in many parts of the world for much the same reason.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
We don't always know what we live or die for. In a sense, through my transformation, I have already died. It was my choice, but I did not understand it, much like Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden.

I have to admit that I don't totally understand this [MENTION=21203]Grand Admiral Crunch[/MENTION] but I find it interesting and would welcome more illumination if you so desire.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I don't think I could say what I would die for unless put under circumstances bad enough I had to make that choice.

I think if anyone is at that point, it is fairly easy to determine as it's at a point of desperation. Things go from gray to black and white quickly at that point.

What I live for? Everything. Laughing. Friends. Fun. Beauty. Wonder. All those moments.

I always get the feeling from your posts that we are very different and also that I would greatly enjoy breaking bread with you and getting to know more about your life and how you view the world :)

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member

I enjoy reading your thoughts because you are very passionate [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION]. I find you speak in absolutes which is not the path that my mind travels, but I think on your words. I feel that there is more "give" within you than sometimes you express and that simply is due to the strong feelings behind your beliefs.

For example I know it bothers you if the word "hate" is applied to things you value, so I think you would be open to things that in heat of the moment you may brand as disgusting. I am not specifically referring to anything in this thread. I am only saying that where you can read as absolute at times, I do NOT think you are unyielding, though ARE highly principled.

Permabanned
Your humour is cleverly tongue-in-cheek [MENTION=20474]OptoGypsy[/MENTION]. Yes, I have devoured both tongue and cheek (beef and fish respectively, sorry if this disappoints).

The Historian Josephus recounts parents resorting to eating their own children during the fall of Jerusalem to the Roman army; starvation being rampant due to imprisonment within their own walled city. I have always thought such is the epitome of horror within the human experience. The simple house cat was greatly in decline after World War II in many parts of the world for much the same reason.

hmm cat stew

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
In some parts of the world it is necessary to know what (if anything) one would die for. In other parts it's more of an intellectual exercise...

But, it seems that while sometimes people focus on what they would die for, it can be more practically challenging to LIVE for things. To make simple life adjustments or stand strong/apart for things in day-to-day existence.

Do you know what you would die or what you live for? Do you think it matters? Do you think children are capable of deciding such things or adult reasoning is required?

If I had to I would lie down in oncoming traffic with a smile on my face for my girlfriend.

If I had to I would die for my country. If I was drafted or we were invaded I would fight tooth and nail.

I would die for my sister, and my family if I had to.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

There is an interesting scene from a autobiography written by a Pentecostal of when he was young during the genocide of the USSR. They were mistreated by the father superior that wanted a little bit more attention and respect for his buffoonish personality. This village was left to starve. People were committing suicide, death, and other atrocities. He even walked by a baby that had bitten its dead mothers tit off for nourishment. In my opinion the reason to live and die is to fight for peoples self expression and your own and their suffering leading to a transcendent moment of dying to your ego and becoming one with Christ. This is the final and only worthy act of rebellion.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION] There is an interesting scene from a autobiography written by a Pentecostal of when he was young during the genocide of the USSR. They were mistreated by the father superior that wanted a little bit more attention and respect for his buffoonish personality. This village was left to starve. People were committing suicide, death, and other atrocities. He even walked by a baby that had bitten its dead mothers tit off for nourishment. In my opinion the reason to live and die is to fight for peoples self expression and your own and their suffering leading to a transcendent moment of dying to your ego and becoming one with Christ. This is the final and only worthy act of rebellion.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=25733]wolfnara[/MENTION] sounds like a boring existence have you heard of Kierkegaard's three stages of life? The only things essential to life are food, water, air and a tent.

Mole

Permabanned
I enjoy reading your thoughts because you are very passionate [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION]. I find you speak in absolutes which is not the path that my mind travels, but I think on your words. I feel that there is more "give" within you than sometimes you express and that simply is due to the strong feelings behind your beliefs.

For example I know it bothers you if the word "hate" is applied to things you value, so I think you would be open to things that in heat of the moment you may brand as disgusting. I am not specifically referring to anything in this thread. I am only saying that where you can read as absolute at times, I do NOT think you are unyielding, though ARE highly principled.

Disgust is a basic human emotion experienced across many cultures.

And interestingly the open expression of the emotion disgust is not politically correct in Western cultures.

This is because disgust is a spontaneous sign that a taboo has been broken, and the West valourises the breaking of taboos, and turns the breaking of taboos into a fetish.

So naturally the spontaneous feeling of disgust must be suppressed in politically correct culture. Indeed disgust is now conflated with hate speech.

But the suppression of the natural, spontaneous emotion of disgust, requires we suppress other natural, spontaneous emotions, such as joy, lest we offend the politically correct.

Freud talks about the return of the repressed, so disgust doesn't go away, it just returns in malignant forms.

Mole

Permabanned
The Apocalypse

In my opinion the reason to live and die is to fight for peoples self expression and your own and their suffering leading to a transcendent moment of dying to your ego and becoming one with Christ. This is the final and only worthy act of rebellion.

And in my opinion, dying to your ego and becoming one with Christ is a form of madness, for the ego rationally mediates between our ideals and our desires, and enables our ideals and our desires to be reasonably satisfied.

Becoming one with Christ is an eschatological fantasy set out beautifully in the florid madness of the last book of the Bible called The Book of Revelation.

The Book of Revelation is well written and well illustrates the madness of the eschatological fantasy.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And in my opinion, dying to your ego and becoming one with Christ is a form of madness, for the ego rationally mediates between our ideals and our desires, and enables our ideals and our desires to be reasonably satisfied.

Becoming one with Christ is an eschatological fantasy set out beautifully in the florid madness of the last book of the Bible called The Book of Revelation.

The Book of Revelation is well written and well illustrates the madness of the eschatological fantasy.

It can be argued that John was a figure that needed lithium while in solitary confinement. I think the opposite is true if one is truly an atheist and lives by their convictions instead of thinking of the concepts in abstractions they are wishful thinkers that are delusional or go mad. Ivan Karamazov's Mistake by Ralph C. Wood | Articles | First Things If you truly think otherwise I'm open to discussing life and philosophy as I'm truly ignorant, but before you go into that sphere I recommend reading the essay to better understand from where I'm coming from. Thank You

Duffy

I think whatever purpose a person arrives at is ultimately a confidence trick. For some people it comes as an epiphany, but that strikes me as a tad convenient. Rather, I think it exists within, from the very beginning, a fail safe which triggers under the appropriate conditions. As a species, we replicate, and that's it. I mean, what purpose does a virus have? One can only hope the cosmos has administered a vaccine, in the form of say ... a meteor? One can only hope.

Personally, I have difficulty shrugging off the lack of purpose and meaning. HA! I blame my ego, the origin of suffering. It hasn't gotten bad enough for me to want to kill myself, at least not yet. My days become bearable enough, because I become distracted enough and comfortable enough. But enough is not enough. From when I was very young to now, all I see is suffering and struggle.... that's all that ever is and ever will be.... in fact that's the catalyst for everything... the fire, the will, the raison d'etre.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I live for the experience of life. At present, there is nothing I would die for.

Actually, my thoughts are similar.

Although, if the question is "what would i choose to die for?" then in the moment, i'd probably deem connection worthy, depending how deep of one i had with said person. Assuming that it's my life vs theirs.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, I know what I live for. When I was younger I was just happy to be alive, I think living is the point for most living things. They want to be alive and avoid pain and perhaps reproduce. Anything that destroys life unnecessarily is evil. So I oppose anything that unnecessarily destroys life, not just my own, but my fellow man, animals, rain forest, etc. I think anything that is fundamentally wrong is fundamentally wrong because it destroys life unnecessarily. (Necessary destruction of life are things like lions hunting gazelles for food; unnecessary is Douchebag McGee hunting elephants because he thinks it's "exciting").

I have found my life's purpose, and it's quite an easy one because it's staring us all in the face. I won't be party to the ultimate destruction of the earth, and I will dissuade and even force others not to, if I must.

Mole

Permabanned
Blood Sacrifice and Narcissism

The basis of religion is blood sacrifice. It was only a short time ago we sacrificed babies in the foundations of temples, and indeed our largest religion, Christianity, is based on the sacrifice of the Cross.

Australia, for instance, is based on the blood sacrifice of war, and our most sacred site is the War Memorial in our Capital of Canberra.

Blood sacrifice shows we are fair dinkum, we are genuine, and mean what we say.

So the way we show what we live for is what we die for. And today the holy martyrs of Islam, the suicide bombers, show that they live for the ultimate domination of Islam.

What is striking is that the narcissists won't die for anything, and so have nothing to live for.