• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"All humans are equal!"

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah... I'm going to have to agree that we aren't all equal, but that we deserve the same opportunities and equal legal treatment :)

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
Yeah. According to the Constitution all men are created equal. Except some men and women weren't considered equals. As such they aren't starting from the same gate but we are all in the same race.

Somehow now we are in a relay. It isn't fair to the fastest of us all...

Yadda yadda. Yawn.

Carson on Gun Rights: There’s a Reason 'We’ve Been Free for Hundreds of Years'

Black-Guy-Meme-Question-Marks-Que-02.jpg

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"All humans are equal!"

Not enough. I don't understand this, maybe because I don't believe that everything is subjective. I'm not going to use the whole entire world for comparison but let's imagine a situation (unrealistic and probably taking on the black and white mentality to a level but hypothetical for a reason) where we were forced to kill one out of two people - one, ability-wise, is horrible at everything and another perfect at everything. Wouldn't we choose the one who happened to be... perfect at everything? More potential to help both themselves and others, while the one horrible at everything doesn't.

I would take other options: turn around and kill the one who forced me to choose one of those to kill, or I'll beg him to kill me so I won't have to deal with guilt for the rest of my life!
However I can get your point, I think people tend to be more sympathetic towards those civilized and educated or even famous ones, it might be because the education would make their emotions and attitudes more refined and noble and wise than uneducated people, although education is not limited to school, I've yet to come to learn a lot from people who didn't receive proper education but have understanding of life more than many of those with college degrees..
I can think of another painful but true comparison is a human and animal deaths, we know that both are living beings, both experience the same fears, both want to live as bad as the other, but yet if you see a dead animal in the street you feel bad and sorry for him then meh.. You move on, on the other hand, if you see a dead man in the street you call the police and there will be investigations and legal status and issues etc.. Why is that? The difference I see between the two beings are brain and utility for the society..
That's why I think education enhances the value of the individual himself, and an educated nation would subsequently have higher and more valuable status by international standards..
All in all, I think equality is a subjective concept, therefore I believe in justice rather than equality..

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The thing is, how do you discern someone has "more potential", sometimes those who have "more potential" do a lot less than those who have "less potential", it's rather merely pointless and entirely subjective. And "less potential" sometimes contribute the greatest things to the world especially being an example, that I'm a common nobody let me show how everyone can make a difference.

Even though this is entirely fictional, see Naruto. Naruto has more or equal potential than Sausuke does who has more than Sakura who has more than.. more than... then we got Rock Lee who only is a boss because his perseverance for hard work and he's no genius. (If you disagree with my lineup, okay. But that's not my point)

People will usually go to their family first, then friends, then strangers when it comes to saving others.

I really don't understand why we even need to know that there's people lesser than us, makes no practical sense. Gives you an excuse to judge and throw your troubles on them.. okay?

And people are right that everyone deserves equal opportunities, but I might add "until they lose it."

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The thing is, how do you discern someone has "more potential", sometimes those who have "more potential" do a lot less than those who have "less potential", it's rather merely pointless and entirely subjective. And "less potential" sometimes contribute the greatest things to the world especially being an example, that I'm a common nobody let me show how everyone can make a difference.

Even though this is entirely fictional, see Naruto. Naruto has more or equal potential than Sausuke does who has more than Sakura who has more than.. more than... then we got Rock Lee who only is a boss because his perseverance for hard work and he's no genius. (If you disagree with my lineup, okay. But that's not my point)

People will usually go to their family first, then friends, then strangers when it comes to saving others.

I really don't understand why we even need to know that there's people lesser than us, makes no practical sense. Gives you an excuse to judge and throw your troubles on them.. okay?

And people are right that everyone deserves equal opportunities, but I might add "until they lose it."

Can't resist: Sasuke was the Genius, Naruto was the hard worker. Naruto prevailed and reached up to sasuke. In parallel, Neji was a genius and Rock Lee was the hard worker. Sasuke/Neji were superiors in the beginning, or it seemed so. Time and again. Until one day they reached and/or surpassed them. That's the point of it. - To add, Sasuke and Neji had more innate talent so they were percieved as having more potential, but the will of Naruto/Rock Lee brought them to the same league.

A guy who gets drunk all day compared to someone who actively pursues careers doesn't seem like they'd be equal. Someone who wastes their life away compared to those who chose to make an impact. Getting the same treatment would seem almost insulting. Someone who tries with someone who doesn't. But even so, everyone has their own talents, their own merits, that make them useful to the whole in some way. It's more about the will to recognize and be willing to make use of it to benefit the whole in some way.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A guy who gets drunk all day compared to someone who actively pursues careers doesn't seem like they'd be equal. Someone who wastes their life away compared to those who chose to make an impact. Getting the same treatment would seem almost insulting. Someone who tries with someone who doesn't. But even so, everyone has their own talents, their own merits, that make them useful to the whole in some way. It's more about the will to recognize and be willing to make use of it to benefit the whole in some way.

I didn't say same treatment, I said same opportunity with their life. One takes it, one doesn't. Although the one with "lesser potential" takes it, while the one with "greater potential" throws it away. You see where I'm going at?

What I'm seeing is you judge by the actions of those people, not necessarily innate characteristics which is what this thread I believe to be about.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You've said everything isn't subjective, OP, but you're using subjective examples.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't say same treatment, I said same opportunity with their life. One takes it, one doesn't. Although the one with "lesser potential" takes it, while the one with "greater potential" throws it away. You see where I'm going at?

What I'm seeing is you judge by the actions of those people, not necessarily innate characteristics which is what this thread I believe to be about.

What are we having all these potentials and to do nothing with it?

Tis about the will to create with the abilities they have. Even if the one with greater potential doesn't do it, and if the one with lesser does then the lesser one is proven the more useful for society. Those of which who don't aren't benefitting society so much. Some may even hurt it.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rebellion and revolution lead to murder and the cycle once again continues with the collapse and the birth of the new regime, just ask SPARTACUS or the Russians, etc. Freedom is an illusion and anyone that thinks otherwise is self deceptive or mad. MASS SUICIDE SADES STYLE THE ONE THAT SURVIVES IS THE UNIQUE AND FREE!!!