• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Light

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Guys,

I had a revelation tonight.

Jesus Christ is the saviour of the world, through his crucifixion, and resurrection, we are freed of the burden of sin.

Think about that for a moment.

And a moment more.

So, who was this man? Who was this man who proclaimed Himself as the Son of God? Just a man...?

Maybe so, but are you a greater man? A greater man than He?

Think about it...

What is your sin, your greatest sin, the sin of which you cannot be forgiven? What is it?

Ah, that one...

Forget about it, forget about it. It's all good.

He's been, He's coming back. Relax.

Just relax.

It's all good.

What was that...? Nothing...? I thought so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBYhQnjyrWo

Have a good look. Have a good look, then look back. What do you see? You see something right? Or is it just a reflection?

A reflection of what?

Hell, I don't know.

You're probably right though, don't listen to me.

I'm insane.

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
Guys,

who was this man?

This is why your doctrine falls down in my opinion.

Man is only a vessel.
Jesus Christ is not the name of a vessel.
Jesus Christ is the name of the vessel's course.

Thats what:

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

means.

The personal crucifixion of someone else is meaningless, his Resurrection is only meaningful because it promises life after your crucifixion.

Followers of Christ must crucify their flesh, there is no vicarious redemption, only by transforming your own character into the image of Jesus Christ is there salvation..

Luk_9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
1Co_15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

2Th 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Co 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Mole

Permabanned
C'mon, God the Father was angry at us because we offended him, so in order to forgive us, He tortured his Son to death.

Being offended is a classic trope of the paranoid in preparation to attack.

Being offended is a justification for anger.

Forgiveness is a sign of power over others.

And torturing the Son to death is classic child abuse.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]What brought forth this revelation, might I inquire?

[MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] Eh, he sacrificed his son. Like an offering, hence being the lamb. If you want to know suffering btw .. think of the sinners burning in hell. For all eternity, your skin burning and peeling, gnashing of teeth. From as little as not believing despite all good works. That's the real tragedy.

Mole

Permabanned
[MENTION=22833][MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] Eh, he sacrificed his son. Like an offering, hence being the lamb. If you want to know suffering btw .. think of the sinners burning in hell. For all eternity, your skin burning and peeling, gnashing of teeth. From as little as not believing despite all good works. That's the real tragedy.

Frightening children with tales of the horrors of Hell is child abuse.

Child abuse is built into the Christian story, from the story of God, Abraham and Isaac, to the story of the torture of the Son of God on the Cross.

Stories of child abuse are emotionally powerful and our meant to coerce us emotionally.

And these stories are taught to children because children are far more susceptible to emotional coercion.

Child rearing contributes to our personality, and we now have a choice between child abuse and helping our children achieve their life goals.

Child abuse tends to lead to a bullying personality, while helping child rearing tends to lead to an empathic and creative personality.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Frightening children with tales of the horrors of Hell is child abuse.

Child abuse is built into the Christian story, from the story of God, Abraham and Isaac, to the story of the torture of the Son of God on the Cross.

Stories of child abuse are emotionally powerful and our meant to coerce us emotionally.

And these stories are taught to children because children are far more susceptible to emotional coercion.

Child rearing contributes to our personality, and we now have a choice between child abuse and helping our children achieve their life goals.

Child abuse tends to lead to a bullying personality, while helping child rearing tends to lead to an empathic and creative personality.

Not merely. Such abuse lends itself upon your concience for all life subtly. The fear of hell, the "not knowing" for certain. The stories we hear. It pervades human conciousness like a jail cell we cannot break from. We become entrapped in our own fear, despite this promise of love.

Even adults are taken, for it extends beyond mere children.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I believe this but after a period of "spiritual agnostic seeking"...it was actually ironically practicing yoga and studying Taoism I really got back into studying the Bible. I saw a lot of Biblical truths explained in Taoism in a way that suddenly clicked in my head. Apparently my brain speaks Tao, I don't know, but it helped me to separate my prejudice from childhood religious experience and shine the light back on the Word itself. I found an awesome church where I attend a service where we meditate, pray, have Bible reading and discussion, take communion, and they practice anointing and laying of hands. I like it because it's more 1st century Christian than American traditional. More personal and quieter. I also found I really admire Catholics, though I find some aspects too restrictive, they have a really deep understanding of Scripture, and I like that they are actually helping people.I also like the writings of CS Lewis, I think he makes some really rational arguments.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I have the comfort in knowing there is no God. That's all. No worrying about whether I will go to Heaven or Hell when I die.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I have the comfort in knowing there is no God. That's all. No worrying about whether I will go to Heaven or Hell when I die.

I am pretty much the same. If there is one certainty is life that is the fact you will eventually going to die and religion even that tries to take away from people.

To me "complete death" sounds so much better than eternal life.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
as a non-religious person who was raised among the religious, I have to say that Jesus was a pretty awesome dude and a good example of how to behave compassionately and I wouldn't mind hanging out with him and thinking he was one of the most awesome people I know if he were wandering around now... I'd even think he'd do a much better job than Oprah or Dr. Phil and everything, though I doubt he'd take up the job because he'd be too humble for that sort of thing and I have to agree with Vonnegut's statement that the Sermon on the Mount is downright lovely and human

however, I do not believe in god or the divinity of Jesus, I just see him as someone in literature who's held up as a good example of how to behave well and kindly :shrug:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This is why your doctrine falls down in my opinion.

Ooh, are we going to have a Lord-off? I haven't been to a Lord-off in ages! :popc1:

Srsly- I grew up with this kind of doctrinal minutiae being shouted about a la "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" and it really turned me off. IMO the truth can accommodate multiple interpretations and even some contradiction. Fully expect to get the "not a real Christian" lecture for this.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
god is god
man is man
lambs are tasty
man might be tasty but if we eat him we go crazy unless his name is jesus than we are saved and have ever lasting life

any questions?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]

I love Evanescence. :)

My first favorite song of Amy Lee's (I was in middle school :ohmy: ):

and the last song I really ever listened to of hers: (this was pre-debut album I believe):

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
god is god
man is man
lambs are tasty
man might be tasty but if we eat him we go crazy unless his name is jesus than we are saved and have ever lasting life

any questions?

Yes why is Jesus made out of wine and Pringles?

Beorn

Permabanned

LOL. Except you do have the crushing existential sensation that nothing really matters.