• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is there Something instead of Nothing?

Litsnob

I think that there is no 'why' unless you want to substitute 'how'. Why is irrelevant unless there is a creator with sentience and I find that theory much more problematic and improbable than those offered by science. Science doesn't ask why, it asks how and possible answers for that arise without the need of any prime mover.

Mole

Permabanned
The universe is flat and the sum total of all the energy in the universe is zero. So the universe is nothing. So there is nothing to be afraid of, and certainly not supernatural beings.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What if nothing came from something? Yes, there was the Big Bang that took nothing and made it into something, but we're just one universe of many. There was something first but that was wiped out with the Big Crunch to make more room for nothing... for something.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nothing in itself is something.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let's reverse this question, why is there nothing instead of something?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Let's reverse this question, why is there nothing instead of something?

I was asking myself a similar question.
Why is that naked chick in your profile showing us her back instead of her boobs:shrug:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was asking myself a similar question.
Why is that naked chick in your profile showing us her back instead of her boobs:shrug:

Forum policy :coffee:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
The universe is flat and the sum total of all the energy in the universe is zero. So the universe is nothing. So there is nothing to be afraid of, and certainly not supernatural beings.

well freud told me that your mother is flat and your father's sum total of energy is zero

lol nihilism. nah it's ok to move past fear, be more playful etc. that don't mean nothing matters tho, it's just a different puzzle piece of what does. nothing to fear but fear itself etc etc etc

Silent

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
something and nothing can be confused. Like the glass is half empty and the glass is half full. I might say something like "oh, it was nothing." after doing someone a favor, but it was clearly something. ie a favor. :shrug:

Mole

Permabanned
fascinating... though I think pondering it too long may make my brain implode :shock:

something from nothing makes no sense really...

Certainly it makes no intuitive sense, nonetheless quantum mechanics, our most accurate and tested scientific fact tells us that virtual particles are coming into existence from nothing, all around us, then going back into nothing. all the time.

So it not that something can come from nothing, but something from nothing is the very foundation of the universe.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
nothing is not, i become nothing every day and its fucked, so something something who the hell, giving yall shit from my monkey shell, rangin rangin i be changin into beast of the east yall west the fuckin BEST YAYAYYYAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug: