• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The President, Astrology, and MBTI

Mole

Permabanned
There was a scary moment when the wife of President Reagan gave him astrological advice. We wondered what the stars would say to the man with the finger on the nuclear button.

And we wonder if anyone is giving President Obama mbti advice. Does the President make political appointments based on mbti?

After 75 years there is not one random, double blind experiment validating or invalidating mbti, yet it has such an emotional hold on us. Mbti speaks to our deepest needs particularly our sexual needs. So who cares if it is true or not?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The MBTI system itself and its licensed practitioners consider making hiring decisions, including political appointments, based on MBTI to be unethical.

So it comes down to whether you think President Obama is unethical.

Mole

Permabanned
Preposterous

The MBTI system itself and its licensed practitioners consider making hiring decisions, including political appointments, based on MBTI to be unethical.

So it comes down to whether you think President Obama is unethical.

Dear Coriolis, my old companion on Typology Central, no university in the entire world will license an mbti practitioner.

No university will license an mbti practitioner because it would be like licensing an astrology practitioner.

It would be preposterous.

á´…eparted

passages
No university will license an mbti practitioner because it would be like licensing an astrology practitioner.

Try again, this is not the reason.

The reason is because personality metrics largely serve little purpose in a university setting except in individual classes. In those classes, where it is relevant, they hire a lisenced practitioner for as single time use. A friend of mine had this occur in one of his classes last week.

Mole

Permabanned
Try again, this is not the reason.

The reason is because personality metrics largely serve little purpose in a university setting except in individual classes. In those classes, where it is relevant, they hire a lisenced practitioner for as single time use. A friend of mine had this occur in one of his classes last week.

Universities do license psychometric practitioners. But first they must earn a master's degree in psychometrics in the Psychology Department.

If your university uses mbti on their students, I hope it would be mercilessly mocked by the Psychology Department, just as the Astronomy Department would laugh at any attempt to predict the personality of their students using astrology.

á´…eparted

passages
Universities do license psychometric practitioners. But first they must earn a master's degree in psychometrics in the Psychology Department.

If your university uses mbti on their students, I hope it would be mercilessly mocked by the Psychology Department, just as the Astronomy Department would laugh at any attempt to predict the personality of their students using astrology.

Sure Mole, because MBTI and astrology are comparable :rolleyes:. Basically no one here agrees with you, and never will agree with you on these matters, so you're wasting everyones time, including your own. The fact that your claims are never backed by anything substantive notwithstanding. Soapbox moral brigading doesn't do any good. Of course though, you don't care as you have said many times in the past.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dear Coriolis, my old companion on Typology Central, no university in the entire world will license an mbti practitioner.

It would be preposterous.
No university will license MBTI practitioners because legal rights to the MBTI system are owned by Center for Applications of Psychological Type (CAPT), making them the only organization authorized to grant such licenses. It would be interesting to know how many universities employ staff members who do hold such licenses, and how many universities administer the MBTI to staff and/or students.

I don't know of any universities that license barbers either. I suppose that would be just as preposterous.

Mole

Permabanned
I don't know of any universities that license barbers either. I suppose that would be just as preposterous.

Oh, I don't know, the Economics Department is always talking about taking a haircut on the market!