• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Doctrine of Non-Resistance

Crabs

Permabanned
I know rape is violent. I am not discussing rape, per se. I am more interested in this doctrine that goes completely against nature, and says, even if you are being hurt, give in.

I'm not saying anything about what people personally should do or how you should live or anything else. This is a construct Jesus taught and which I am exploring. I am simply inviting others to explore this with me.

Is your interest in pacifism related to your interest in bdsm? I suspect that you are construing Scripture to support your desire to be dominated, demeaned and abused by a sexual partner.

I'm not trying to pry into your business, but since you're so outspoken about your religious beliefs and sexuality, I'm inclined to ask, are you married? And if not, are you fornicating?

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Do you really think so? Will you elaborate?

I already did actually in my earlier post:

"I think you turning your other cheek to them isn't the same as giving them unconditional love. So it's not gonna help IMO"

To elaborate more, this is way too passive, giving unconditional love is a more active thing.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tough love....ahhh...I am sorry you raped her...here is the consequences...maybe next time we can make better choices or the punishment will continue to escalate. I love you dearly...but your life...your choices. I will always be here to help you make the right choices.

Love and logic...awww...I am sorry, but your attitude is very negative and I want to have fun. Until you can turn your attitude around you are gonna have to stay home. I love you to much to let you destroy your life and others with your negativity, we need to find a way to get it to change.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is your interest in pacifism related to your interest in bdsm? I suspect that you are construing Scripture to support your desire to be dominated, demeaned and abused by a sexual partner.

Hmm. It could be related I suppose. Just because they are related concepts. Submission is something that is prevalent in many things, situations, and relationships, including platonic ones. Our culture just tends to think of submission as sexual.

Tough love....ahhh...I am sorry you raped her...here is the consequences...maybe next time we can make better choices or the punishment will continue to escalate. I love you dearly...but your life...your choices. I will always be here to help you make the right choices.

Love and logic...awww...I am sorry, but your attitude is very negative and I want to have fun. Until you can turn your attitude around you are gonna have to stay home. I love you to much to let you destroy your life and others with your negativity, we need to find a way to get it to change.

Hey Yo. Not following your thought train. :)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm. It could be related I suppose. Just because they are related concepts. Submission is something that is prevalent in many things, situations, and relationships, including platonic ones. Our culture just tends to think of submission as sexual.

Hey Yo. Not following your thought train. :)

You keep saying love unconditional, doesn't mean you have to be a pacifist or a push over. Tough love is a perfect example of love always, but don't accept shit.

Love and logic is a program to help each your kids life lessons while still maintaining and showing that unconditional love. A way to avoid...they are the enemy thought.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You keep saying love unconditional, doesn't mean you have to be a pacifist or a push over. Tough love is a perfect example of love always, but don't accept shit.

Love and logic is a program to help each your kids life lessons while still maintaining and showing that unconditional love. A way to avoid...they are the enemy thought.

I am at a loss of words right now. It's been a big wonderful day for me, starting very early--actually last night. :smile:

I should probably go to sleep, but I don't wanna...

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am at a loss of words right now. It's been a big wonderful day for me, starting very early--actually last night. :smile:

I should probably go to sleep, but I don't wanna...

Lol, nw. I am about to head to bed as well. Had to bounce the little one in his bouncy chair to get him to fall asleep. GF uses breast feeding, I bounce him in his bouncy chair. Working on is self soothinges when it comes to sleeping. He is pretty good in most areas at self soothing, just not sleep.

Crabs

Permabanned

I don't think people necessarily associate submission with sex. I mentioned that because of your purported interest in bdsm which seems to loom over a lot of your posts.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think people necessarily associate submission with sex. I mentioned that because of your purported interest in bdsm which seems to loom over a lot of your posts.

Yeah, I find that stuff intensely interesting. The play of power. It's subtle and pervasive.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lashing Out leading to Release of Anger leading to...Love

I sense and know instinctively that sometimes letting someone you love hurt you, can open a wellspring of love in them that was previously blocked. I just got this feeling today of how important and pertinent this is. I think sometimes this is the only answer. It occurs to me that this is perhaps why Jesus teaches this hard saying, "If someone strikes you on one cheek, offer to him the other also." Because Jesus knew and understood this. By hurting others who do not resist, I believe those hurting souls can be unlocked from their prison of repressed feeling-emotions.

I think that is mostly why I have been identifying as a masochist for a while now. Because I want the ones I love to hurt me, hurt me in every way, including sexually and physically, emotionally and psychologically, so that they might be released from deep anguish and pain--and love--that is blocked up deep inside.

Of course, usually abuse is a cycle. I understand this and have even been trained in it. I'm not saying intensive counseling to overcome life hurts and unprocessed pain are not necessary, they are. But there are special times when people are so locked away from their feelings that to feel anything, even anger, is difficult.

In our world we teach self protection and abandonment of a partner who hurts us. I do not agree with this, though perhaps a temporary distance is necessary for the well-being of both.

~thank you

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Islam means peace/submission. And this video shows how Islam and Christianity are connected. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TRLFeldPG3Y

I beliieve we should adopt the attitude of 'self defence'. And kids needs to learn how to defend themselves, because like a quote says; "It is when good men do nothing that evil flourishes".

I find it hard to believe that 'the easist' way is the right way. There got to be some resistance somwhere. At least not before we are all united under ONE God.

Maybe the ... Well yes, 'the life world' should be peaceful and submitting, but the authority should be ... In command. IMO.