User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Why hasn't the experiment of the "United States of America" been discarded as a failed hypothesis?
    χρήστος ανέστη

Mispronunciation of magic spells and the fascinating implications of said results. Puns said, and dunned. Even with lifelong experience in magery, and eventual mental recitation of spells that comes with imagination manifestation, to what extent do words of power (Egyptian heka) need be literal forms of speech, imagined then incanted concepts, or as Ursula K le Guin wrote, "the true naming of a thing," the inherent nature of an object put to words. Much like Hegel's Essence vs Being vs Notion, the power of a word exist as Being (language, categories of reflection, a drawn curtain) or Notion (a non-rational hunch of understanding) or Essence ("the truth of Being" or knowing "what being is in and for itself") such that the slight mispronunciation of Diagon Alley lands you diagonally upside a mixed thought, misspoken word, and a fixed place.

I wonder what the relationship between “knowing someone” in the Biblical sense and the question of God’s existence is.

To “know someone” Biblically means to have a sexual intimacy with that person, but I find it interesting that sexual intimacy leads to “knowing” someone.

In the same way, knowing God means to have an intimacy with Him throughout our lives. I wonder if the two are related?

And if that’s the case, materialists/denialists who lack intimacy with God would have no knowledge of Him. With no knowledge of God comes no evidence of God.

“That’s not evidence”

And they wouldn’t be lying from their view as they have no experience of God. In the same way, Photographs of your loved ones wouldn’t be the evidence of (Storge) love. The evidence of (Storge) love would be in our daily lived experience of them.
    χρήστος ανέστη

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand.
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Justin of Flavia Neapolis View Post

To “know someone” Biblically means to have a sexual intimacy with that person, but I find it interesting that sexual intimacy leads to “knowing” someone.
    "I wanna get to know you biblically." is my new pick up line. So many women I wanna get to know.
    الخَيلُ وَاللَيلُ وَالبَيداءُ تَعرِفُني *** وَالسَيفُ وَالرُمحُ وَالقِرطاسُ وَالقَلَمُ
    Swift steeds, dreary nights, and the desolate wasteland, all know me full well
    As do the sword, the spear, the paper and the pen.

If "race" doesn't exist biologically and is only a social construct of the Victorian era, what the heck is "racism?"

Perhaps, "Tribalism" is the more accurate historically correct descriptor which I will begin using.
    χρήστος ανέστη

Likes Sung Jin-Woo liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Pain is the dimension in which all of individuality takes form.

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    Pain is the dimension in which all of individuality takes form.
    That's half right.
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    That's half right.
    And the other half is pleasure. The contrasting elements of light and darkness. Hope and despair, life and death. You can only paint a picture with two or more colors afterall.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryBoots View Post
    What's your personality type?
    I’m not sure. It varies between INTJ and ISTP.
    χρήστος ανέστη

Likes StrawberryBoots liked this post