• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychics etc

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Anyone know any psychics, mediums or such? Which type are they? Are there any who aren't obviously derailed?
They are mostly NFs.
Edgar Cayce is the most famous of them.

I am disturbed by the writings of his supporters and his critics alike.
Why?
Because they came to a conclusion without ever looking into the matter.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Anyone know any psychics...
No one here on this forum knows a psychic.
No one on any forum knows a psychic.
No one on the planet knows a psychic.
None of these people know a psychic because they can't know a psychic.
They can't know a psychic because a psychic can't exist.
A psychic can't exist because the brains work by such complicated circuitry that no one could demodulate it. On top of that, they can't even receive the information without planting on the subject's head, a large metal bowl or some kind of receptive device, because the magnetic waves aren't nearly strong enough to pick up by induction from across a room.

NoahFence

MBTI Type
INTP
No one here on this forum knows a psychic.
No one on any forum knows a psychic.
No one on the planet knows a psychic.
None of these people know a psychic because they can't know a psychic.
They can't know a psychic because a psychic can't exist.
A psychic can't exist because the brains work by such complicated circuitry that no one could demodulate it. On top of that, they can't even receive the information without planting on the subject's head, a large metal bowl or some kind of receptive device, because the magnetic waves aren't nearly strong enough to pick up by induction from across a room.

Interesting assumptions you make.

1. Brains work on complicated circuitry that no one could demodulate? Why then is it not possible that another brain could do so?

2. Why would you assume it has to do with magnetism?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ "There are more things in heaven and on earth, Horatio...."

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
interesting...so practical everyone is...
me however...not so much
i like sylvia browne
john edwards
james van prauge (sp)

their beliefs fall in line with my own...i dig em :)

NoahFence

MBTI Type
INTP
For the record, I am highly suspicious of any psychic doing a TV show. I keep expecting John Edwards to try to sell me a book telling how to be a psychic in 30 days.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
funny jack...
i get it though...why others think it's bs

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Quick! some psychic tell me when and how I'm going to die.
kthxbye

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Captain Chick wrote: Also, I very often get visions of people (that I know), and these visions are an accumulation of flashes of them doing/experiencing various things.

I do have a subconscious registry of archetypal types of human beings and behaviors, many faces look familiar to me, and a familiar face triggers a memory which triggers a feeling, sense, or picture about this "new" person that is often accurate.

Weird that you describe it like this because I am also an ENFP and I get exactly the same thing, flashes of thoughts in my mind, where I see people or objects relating to certain people. I do believe in God so I have never struggled with this side of myself really.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Weird that you describe it like this because I am also an ENFP and I get exactly the same thing, flashes of thoughts in my mind, where I see people or objects relating to certain people. I do believe in God so I have never struggled with this side of myself really.

ooohhh...me too
i feel like i know what they're actually feeling...even when it's completely different then what they're saying.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
yea absolutely Erina. i hate that though because sometimes when someone is lying to you you can feel it :(

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you absolutely can...but sometimes it can be sweet...when what they're feeling is actually sweeter then what they're saying
but...yeah...that's how i pick who to talk to i think...you can sense an open genuine person right?

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea absolutely. Do you get kind of blocked when you have really strong emotions as well??

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
ooohhh...me too
i feel like i know what they're actually feeling...even when it's completely different then what they're saying.
This is an ENFP skill, and it can be quite powerful. I was recently down in spirits, but I was under the impression I still had a jovial attitude when I was out with some friends. My friend's girlfriend, who I don't even know extremely well, asked me if I was okay, and I was surprised. She's ENFP, of course.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WHATEVER, blue. I felt better.

I can understand that. (Actually, I can't).

If I want to let someone know how I feel, I let them know. I don't want them poking around in my diary behind my back, as it were. That's just me. Other people like to play hard to get.