• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

is their such thing as truth ?

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
A question comes in my mind. Is everything that I have heard seen or done is all a liee, then all I can say is that everything that we see and everyone is a dream ?

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
A question comes in my mind. Is everything that I have heard seen or done is all a liee, then all I can say is that everything that we see and everyone is a dream ?

Some questions are best answered by losing the interest for having asked them in the first place.

This is one such question in my opinion, as the divestment from the interest inherent in such a question is definitely a progressive step away from some form of self-abuse and debasement that you've expressed.

Sidenote:
And although not the direct meaning I had intended, there is another meaning to "self-abuse" that is also pertinent to the above critique I was making.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If there is, it's probably in the last place you'll look for it.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have always wondered this

This is exactly what led me into basically a crisis when I was younger. About how little we know of the universe for certain. The lack of solid answers. Truth.

It smells and looks tangible. But does our senses really prove it's existence, or our own. Because when quantum theory comes into play it is all just energy and nothing is solid. So how real is real, and what is real. Everything we do here inevitably fades away, so how long will this reality remain and if gone what other realities would take it's place. We are all creatures that perceive our own reality and views on truth, in our personal bias.

Had to move on, though. For sanity. But every so often curiosity compels me back.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I believe in an objective unfolding of events. To fully grasp it, though, one must understand the subjective experiences of all involved.

So I do believe in a truth, but not one that is fully knowable.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
we all see truth but it is different for everybody we might see what the see and we miss what someone picked up on. it is only throughour eyes

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
What you are seeing are paradoxes and the limitations of knowledge. If you took more of an experiential approach you could find probabilistic truths everywhere. In Newtonian physics you find truth. What is mathematized is necessarily true. Most other things can be understood through probabilities and empirical wisdom.

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
I've had many of these types of conversations and the arguments are circular. Their is a very REAL difference between action "a" and "action "b" even if your paradox and logic tells you otherwise. The difference can easily be seen once you stop being a logician and start experiencing it. Coke and diet coke taste different, that's a truth. If you can't see that you won't ever see anything.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Greek word for "truth" is Alethea and it means "Unhiddenness".

Like "exposure" or "nakedness" or.. "opening up", or "disclosure".

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
i believe that the only to find truth is to find our own in other words think for ourselves even though it might be different for everyone

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Truth is perception. For it lay in the eyes of us beholders. The only truths we know and cling to.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If there is, it's probably in the last place you'll look for it.
One's self is a good, maybe the best place to start.

Long ago I thought that truth is what the strongest dictate. Although this statement isn't valid (for many reasons, depending on the context), it is probably halfway between reality and what most people think.

Sunflower_Moon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
In my opinion, I compare this question to black-or-white analogy. There's black and white, which may represent right or wrong, truth or lie, but there's also gray in between. Depending on the situation, the amount of black, white, and gray may vary. Sometimes we figure out what we thought was wrong was actually right, and vice versa. Other times there's so much gray area that it's very difficult, sometimes impossible, to know what the truth is. Sometimes truth varies from culture to culture and religion to religion.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Truth is a mode of existence.. To be in truth (to be unhidden), is to reveal oneself as one exists. (To be aware of your potentiality to be *and not be*.)

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I was thinking that in this world we live in it! will always be anpther puzzle to figure out once we find an answer up is down left I'd right and so.
That is truth it is a puzzle that no one can solve.

Remiel

MBTI Type
INTP
I was thinking that in this world we live in it! will always be anpther puzzle to figure out once we find an answer up is down left I'd right and so.
That is truth it is a puzzle that no one can solve.

I believe it can be solved through scientific method, perhaps not today nor tomorrow but eventually. Today we are left with the philosophical discussion of method and analysis, not unlike children in an unevenly distributed playground of infinite variation.