• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Holy Man Hasn't Had Food or Drink in 75 Years

Lark

Spirit science and metaphysics?

Also he's got that mad and old look everyone wants

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Spirit science and metaphysics?

Also he's got that mad and old look everyone wants

And they say he has the brain of a 25 year old...

I want to search his cave to find his hidden food stash and toilet. OK, maybe not the toilet.

I'd say this guy is a fraud with a low metabolism. When you eat less, your body goes into starvation mode to survive on less.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

He likely subsists on the practice of suneating. Humans still have the potential to tap into this archaic ability that allows all nutrients to be taken directly from the energy of the sun.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Humans can't photosynthesise to make an energy source. We can make Vitamin D, but it ain't exactly a meal.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Chi energy, Chakra, or the energy within, whatever name is stuck on it. Is all well and good. But there is no way in hell it acts as a meal for your physical vessels entire life or else more monk's would be running around not eating or drinking because they supposedly wouldn't need to which means the body has no needs whatsoever and can just survive. Eating, drinking, on and on. Is vital to survive. As open as I am to some degree of spiritual things I cannot accept this total illogicality. This defeats the whole purpose of the physical living breathing recycling body in the first place, where we might as well say "We cannot die" and won't die just because our mind has decided so, thus becoming immortal.

This makes no logical sense.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw this article a while back and though bullshit. Didn't read it, so I never found out how they - attempted - to prove it scientifically.

Edit - Holy shit they've tested him in a controlled environment.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Humans can't photosynthesise to make an energy source. We can make Vitamin D, but it ain't exactly a meal.

But what do you know, Luke? You think global warming is real. ;)

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So this is nothing like fasting where they are only allowed to take in ... well food in the evening? And the study forgot to mention that part :D

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Swamp_Thing_Dick_Durock.jpg

It's possible.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So this is nothing like fasting where they are only allowed to take in ... well food in the evening? And the study forgot to mention that part :D

It's saying he hasn't taken in any sustenance, neither food nor water, for 75 years. The reason he's still alive? Apparently something mystical happened to him when he was 7 years old. A certain chakra was opened by three Hindu spirits that enabled this miracle.

It's really nothing you can't intellectually handle.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Let me guess... it's not popular news because the secret societies are trying to suppress this stuff to the public because of preserving sheeple.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let me guess... it's not popular news because the secret societies are trying to suppress this stuff to the public because of preserving sheeple.

It's been news for a while now:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prahlad_Jani
In 2006, The Discovery Channel aired a documentary called "The Boy with Divine Powers" featuring a five-minute interview with Jani and Shah.[22] In 2010, the Independent Television Network (ITN) posted an article and video featuring Prahlad Jani, commenting on the 2010 tests.[23] In 2010 Prahlad Jani was featured in an Austrian documentary "Am Anfang war das Licht" (English title In the Beginning There Was Light).[24][25]

In October 2010, the Italian television station Rai 2 broadcast a program named "Voyager" which presented an extensive report on Prahlad Jani and the tests.[26][27]

In October 2011 Jani was the param pujya (master of ceremony) in a large shobha yatra performed near Gandhinagar. 1000 paaths of goddess Durga were chanted.[28]

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's been news for a while now:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prahlad_Jani
In 2006, The Discovery Channel aired a documentary called "The Boy with Divine Powers" featuring a five-minute interview with Jani and Shah.[22] In 2010, the Independent Television Network (ITN) posted an article and video featuring Prahlad Jani, commenting on the 2010 tests.[23] In 2010 Prahlad Jani was featured in an Austrian documentary "Am Anfang war das Licht" (English title In the Beginning There Was Light).[24][25]

In October 2010, the Italian television station Rai 2 broadcast a program named "Voyager" which presented an extensive report on Prahlad Jani and the tests.[26][27]

In October 2011 Jani was the param pujya (master of ceremony) in a large shobha yatra performed near Gandhinagar. 1000 paaths of goddess Durga were chanted.[28]
Hmmm, right.
I've read the whole wikipedia article which I imagine rounds the full idea of the matter. I am unclear and find the testing methods slightly off in certain ways. Gargling water and bathing is also questionable in itself. I'll be interested to see what the further testings might say for this too.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm, right.
I've read the whole wikipedia article which I imagine rounds the full idea of the matter. I am unclear and find the testing methods slightly off in certain ways. Gargling water and bathing is also questionable in itself. I'll be interested to see what the further testings might say for this too.

The quantity of water was measured before and after to make sure none was lost.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The quantity of water was measured before and after to make sure none was lost.
It is an unbelievable if not impossible feat. Academically it wouldn't fly off as automatically believable by any individual who goes about it with basic scientific knowledge of human biology and a decent logical thought process. To simply explain that there is a goddess sustaining him has currently no basis in any foundation in testings that have been intuitively effective to understand the world around us.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is an unbelievable if not impossible feat. Academically it wouldn't fly off as automatically believable by any individual who goes about it with basic scientific knowledge of human biology and a decent logical thought process. To simply explain that there is a goddess sustaining him has currently no basis in any foundation in testings that have been intuitively effective to understand the world around us.

It's simply not an effect that originates in the world around us.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's simply not an effect that originates in the world around us.
Than the belief cannot be binded by inconsistent events and that we don't have a well defined analysis of everything to do with the events itself. Belief in metaphysical realms is parts of most religions and many will have their own similar stories to provide truth to them.