• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Holy Man Hasn't Had Food or Drink in 75 Years

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Than the belief cannot be binded by inconsistent events and that we don't have a well defined analysis of everything to do with the events itself. Belief in metaphysical realms is parts of most religions and many will have their own similar stories to provide truth to them.

You can always just say that this dude is lying. But he does have some physical anomalies, such as the hole in his palate through which the "nectar" seeps, and then gathers and hardens in his throat. It's not very much nutritionally speaking but apparently it's enough. Notice how skinny he is.

As for metaphysical realms, there is nothing in physics to contradict such an idea except assumption.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I bet if he ate a taco he would truly reach spiritual enlightenment.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I bet if he ate a taco he would truly reach spiritual enlightenment.

You should try his method, because you'd never have to worry about weight gain ever again.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can always just say that this dude is lying. But he does have some physical anomalies, such as the hole in his palate through which the "nectar" seeps, and then gathers and hardens in his throat. It's not very much nutritionally speaking but apparently it's enough. Notice how skinny he is.

As for metaphysical realms, there is nothing in physics to contradict such an idea except assumption.

So you're saying, he is digesting himself slowly. I wonder what will happen if they send him around the track. Will his body phone the goddess for some more energy?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You should try his method, because you'd never have to worry about weight gain ever again.

for sure, it's so exhausting being a woman and worrying about how much I weigh single every day of my life :cry:

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Let's assume for a moment he was actually telling the truth - having nectar flow from a hole in his palate is still drinking something for sustenance. That's like cheating.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let's assume for a moment he was actually telling the truth - having nectar flow from a hole in his palate is still drinking something for sustenance. That's like cheating.

Did you see the red dot on his forehead? That's where the 'nectar' enters his body and then goes through the hole in his palate.

66626974c556a42e0b3e4a1efc010b19.gif

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Did you see the red dot on his forehead? That's where the 'nectar' enters his body and then goes through the hole in his palate.

66626974c556a42e0b3e4a1efc010b19.gif

The point is that they make it sound like he transcended the need for nutrients when he actually didn't.

If we had the technology to make a red dot implant which takes the molecules out of the air and converts them into nutrients it'd be the same thing. He still needs food, just the source is 'unusual'. Shrink ray a farm and put it in your mouth and it'd be the same deal.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The point is that they make it sound like he transcended the need for nutrients when he actually didn't.

If we had the technology to make a red dot implant which takes the molecules out of the air and converts them into nutrients it'd be the same thing. He still needs food, just the source is 'unusual'. Shrink ray a farm and put it in your mouth and it'd be the same deal.

The red dot is just ink. When he was cooped up for the study he didn't have as much access to sunlight and lost weight.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

This is fine. One can't work on analysis if one is working on supernatural phenomena alone which means the issue is moot. This will only go into intuitive analysis which often, for this kind of thing, will have far more inaccurate theories than accurate.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
This is fine. One can't work on analysis if one is working on supernatural phenomena alone which means the issue is moot. This will only go into intuitive analysis which often, for this kind of thing, will have far more inaccurate theories than accurate.

The thing is if he has this nectar in his palate then he cannot have gone 75 years without food or drink because that is a direct contradiction. The nectar apparently IS some kind of food or drink so one of those statements has to be untrue.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Also this distinction is important because one or the other of those things completely changes the scientific hypothesis we'd be looking at.

e.g. if he didn't NEED food we'd look at his physiology. But if it's the nectar keeping him alive then it stops being about his physiology and starts being about how the nectar got there and how it works. These are two vastly different things that need to not be confused.

This is generously assuming for the sake of argument that we take this seriously in the first place.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
If you're talking about how he eats, they say he eats sunshine.

I'm talking about a contradiction in the premise of the article. However I also don't see where 'they' say anything about sunshine in that article.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The thing is if he has this nectar in his palate then he cannot have gone 75 years without food or drink because that is a direct contradiction. The nectar apparently IS some kind of food or drink so one of those statements has to be untrue.
Yes. It could be he just has some abnormality that allows him to store nectar in the hole thing. Again, I've not thought much about this. It's all intuitive assumption on many sides. At this point it's believe or don't believe. Although I incline to the latter, I was mentioning that if one were to take the initial stance it would all just be random presumptuous spiritual fervour. Religions and spiritualists would have some sort of explanation for it based on their own beliefs.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think I'm going to believe that... that's just not how human bodies tend to work (or mammals in general really)... we kind of need sustenance in order to provide our cells with energy and such and the sun doesn't do that to people... it only gives them vitamin D and skin cancer

and if something on the roof of his mouth is dripping he should really have that checked out

seriously, reading that kicked in my gag reflex... that's just... disturbing... :sick:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm talking about a contradiction in the premise of the article. However I also don't see where 'they' say anything about sunshine in that article.

There is more than just an article out there. videos and things like that. Try google. Or youtube.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
There is more than just an article out there. videos and things like that. Try google. Or youtube.

Whether there's other things out there or not I'm talking specifically about this one. Why is that hard to understand.