• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What evidence do you have for contrarian beliefs?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I would say that it isn't whether you can determine a singular reality based on a specific set of facts, but whether you are able to really shut down anything that doesn't fit. There are generally more interpretations for events than what is standardly accepted, but I guess it might come down to rating what is more plausible.

If you look one way, towards what you are given or entirely against what is given, that is what you will see. That is what emphasis will be placed on, and ignorance on the rest. And at this point, it seems as if it comes down to for many people the desire to challenge the obvious and put discovery of the 'truth' in their own hands even at the risk of being wrong.

Either that or they are just insane.

(I enjoy conspiracy theories. To me they are just purely interesting. Do I put absolute faith in them to the absence of any credit towards a commonly accepted explanation. No. Do I dismiss them totally as having zero potential validity. Nope.)

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
on 3.

The third world trade center building that collapsed 'because of a fire', makes me think that there is something behind the 9/11 attacks.

The only target that was actually hit on 9/11 were the trade centers, and then another trade center building collapses the same day (which was not hit by any planes)...

None of the other planes hit their targets...

and so I wonder what economic events could have transpired if those buildings were left intact.

The co-incidence that the third building which was not hit by any plane (and which was not adjacent to the Twin towers) would also be demolished due to a fire, is evidence of something that requires a better explanation, which I believe was a topic avoided in the 9/11 report which only dealt with the twin towers.

Mane

Permabanned
Bin Laden as a time traveling hero intended to save the world from critical economic events that would have shaped our future in horrible ways? I would watch that movie.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Bin Laden as a time traveling hero intended to save the world from critical economic events that would have shaped our future in horrible ways? I would watch that movie.

That sounds similar to the plot of the Star Trek reboot.

Mane

Permabanned
That sounds similar to the plot of the Star Trek reboot.

That's because J.J Abrams seriously doesn't get the Star Trek spirit. I'd trust him with a Star Wars movie, I might trust him with a starship troopers reboot, and come to think of it, he'd be a perfect choice to direct Bin Laden the time traveling agent (Need to come up with a better name)... But I don't think he gets the exploration thing.

Edit: Except that I just found out he directed Fringe.. How can you get Fringe but not Star Trek?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know but Nero clearly had every right to be pissed because the whole thing was clearly Spock's fault. Really, Nero was blameless; the whole thing hinges on Spock. Nero was a very spiritual person and couldn't have been that bad. This is because...reasons.

Also, everyone knows Spock shouldn't exist. Vulcans and humans don't interbreed, everyone knows that.

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ

Because you think I deserved this.