• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where is the present moment?

Qre:us

I've been getting into Mindfulness meditation. Still much to learn, and really master it, but I see its benefits, as a current novice. Addresses the question of the "present moment" and what to with it, in it. Which can lead to a better understanding of what is the present moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8rRzTtP7Tc

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Does it even exist?

Every moment, we're planning what we're going to do next. Not necessarily in years, or even days. In seconds or milliseconds. For instance, I'm planning what I'm typing here. I'm anticipating which letter I'm going to type next. It's like the present moment is sandwiched in between the past and the future, and it grows smaller and smaller the more we think about it.

Or am I just overthinking again?
Living in the present means "letting go," letting go of control, letting go of fear, letting go of the things we do not have control of and surrendering in the moment of bliss. Pure joy.

Most people find living in the moment difficult when they live in fear and in survival mode. It's hard to sit back and enjoy the moment when there's so much to do, bills to pay, older generations dying and younger generations being born.

Living in the present can exist without having to think about what's next, but takes practice, breathing, meditation, and a lot re centering and letting go of everyday concerns. Living in the present is synonymous to being at peace and at equilibrium in a life full of suffering but also joy. It's a state of balance. Harmony.