• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Heinzman debate

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here's the version off wikipedia (one might want to multiply the prices by ten, at least, to make it more believable in today's dollars):

A woman was near death from a special kind of cancer. There was one drug that the doctors thought might save her. It was a form of radium that a druggist in the same town had recently discovered. The drug was expensive to make, but the druggist was charging ten times what the drug cost him to produce. He paid $200 for the radium and charged $2,000 for a small dose of the drug. The sick woman's husband, Heinz, went to everyone he knew to borrow the money, but he could only get together about $1,000 which is half of what it cost. He told the druggist that his wife was dying and asked him to sell it cheaper or let him pay later. But the druggist said: “No, I discovered the drug and I'm going to make money from it.” So Heinz got desperate and broke into the man's laboratory to steal the drug for his wife. Should Heinz have broken into the laboratory to steal the drug for his wife? Why or why not?

Also, if I were updating it for today (beyond multiplying the amounts by 10), I might have a drug company have developed the drug, etc. Still, having it be an individual allows Heinz to try to appeal to the drug creator's humanity.

Yoohoolarry

MBTI Type
unkn
Enneagram
unk
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's the version off wikipedia (one might want to multiply the prices by ten, at least, to make it more believable in today's dollars):

Oh thank you for doing that! I was going off memory from my developmental psych class.
If anyone has questions please refer to this or PM me.

Nico_D

The Lost One
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Simple. Heinz did the right thing for him and his wife since she was going to die soon. He can pay for the medication later. But had he started to collect money, she would've died. Also, this is the only way both parties can have what they want.