• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Genuine reports of hauntings?

Lark

Do you have any direct experience of hauntings yourself or does it interest you and have you done any research?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My dad claims to have.

My youngest sister used to talk to an imaginary friend in the house for a long while as a very young girl.. 4-5 years old. Then she started to tell my mother she didn't like talking to the friend anymore but it wouldn't go away. My mother was terrified and asked me to do something about it. I did a standard ritual to make them all feel better, and wouldn't ya know psychology works and all the bad things went away after.

I had.. something happen when we were kids. I don't think or know what it was. It was amazingly crazy, whatever it was. I wouldn't say I do research.. but I've watched enough horror movies and ghost tv shows (thanks mom and dad!) to blame it on demons or something. My father's tape measure tool, the metal ones with the metal strip inside that coils, was on the top of his desk. My sister and my dad were arguing, and I was just sort of watching it transpire in the living room there. My sister went and turned her back to go storm into the kitchen, and I saw the tape measurer fly out at where her head would have been had she not turned and stormed off. But in the split second I looked at my father he had already gotten up and was facing in such a way that it was pretty impossible for him to have thrown it--and my father isn't abusive like that to boot. On top of all of that, the tape measurer that flew at her was flying from the non-heavy end.. the part you usually hook to something to start measuring crashed into the wall and the whole device slipped off the top of the desk, and wound itself back up as tape measurers are wont to do.

My dad was horrified, and he asked my sister if she was alright. She had no idea what just happened she only heard the crash. He looked at me to see my reaction, and I was just sort of like "Uhh.. Yeah, I know that wasn't you or me."

Seriously I don't know what caused that to happen. But I know for a fact my father didn't do it, and the physics of a tape measurer are faaar too strong to "throw" the tape end of it out and crash it into a wall without pulling the whole device with it and it not extending very far. We picked it up and tried to play with it again to recreate it ourselves, but it was in working order. My father was pretty spooked for a while. I didn't lose much sleep over it honestly.

Chthonic

I've not any story worthy place hauntings. But I have experience of being personally haunted, apparently it's a common enough phenomenon that you can google it. The Black Watchers. They tend to hang around the chronically depressed or those with super icky emotional states.

á´…eparted

passages
I thought I did for many years.

Then I realized that it was nothing more than either random events, or me trying to derive meaning or patterns out of something that didn't contain anything. Aka: there is no reasonable or credible evidence support the existence of ghosts, spirits, hauntings etc. As such I regard such things as erroneous and ignorable.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
My dad claims to have.

My youngest sister used to talk to an imaginary friend in the house for a long while as a very young girl.. 4-5 years old. Then she started to tell my mother she didn't like talking to the friend anymore but it wouldn't go away. My mother was terrified and asked me to do something about it. I did a standard ritual to make them all feel better, and wouldn't ya know psychology works and all the bad things went away after.

I had.. something happen when we were kids. I don't think or know what it was. It was amazingly crazy, whatever it was. I wouldn't say I do research.. but I've watched enough horror movies and ghost tv shows (thanks mom and dad!) to blame it on demons or something. My father's tape measure tool, the metal ones with the metal strip inside that coils, was on the top of his desk. My sister and my dad were arguing, and I was just sort of watching it transpire in the living room there. My sister went and turned her back to go storm into the kitchen, and I saw the tape measurer fly out at where her head would have been had she not turned and stormed off. But in the split second I looked at my father he had already gotten up and was facing in such a way that it was pretty impossible for him to have thrown it--and my father isn't abusive like that to boot. On top of all of that, the tape measurer that flew at her was flying from the non-heavy end.. the part you usually hook to something to start measuring crashed into the wall and the whole device slipped off the top of the desk, and wound itself back up as tape measurers are wont to do.

My dad was horrified, and he asked my sister if she was alright. She had no idea what just happened she only heard the crash. He looked at me to see my reaction, and I was just sort of like "Uhh.. Yeah, I know that wasn't you or me."

Seriously I don't know what caused that to happen. But I know for a fact my father didn't do it, and the physics of a tape measurer are faaar too strong to "throw" the tape end of it out and crash it into a wall without pulling the whole device with it and it not extending very far. We picked it up and tried to play with it again to recreate it ourselves, but it was in working order. My father was pretty spooked for a while. I didn't lose much sleep over it honestly.

Very cool.

Cygnus

Old friend of mine said she was Ghost-Eyed, and that her house was haunted by this cave-drawing of a dog.

It would appear to her like the glare of red or green in your eye that comes from staring directly at a light and won't go away no matter where you look.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
My friend claims to have couple experiences, one of which was shared by many people. I dont really buy it, but cant really deny it either..

I did see a small tree(like 1.5 meters tall) that kept shaking one of its branches in hungary when i was around 10 years old. My mom saw it too, naturally as a curious INTP kid going WTF about it, i investigated. There was no wind moving it or anything else that could explain it and when i stopped the branch from moving and let go, it started it again.. I still have no idea what caused it and i havent heard that it could be possible. Go figure :shrug: