• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I don't see how God could plausibly exist (Christian definition of God)

Didums

lemshay.jpg

You see the 11 planets around the Sun? one is the moon. Another is the 10th planet that NASA discovered 2 years ago.

According to occam's razor... then this theory has more validity than the 10th version of big bang theory.

But i understand, u want to hold on to your community of mainstream science security. u don't want to be alone... interesting? isn't it? life is a circle in more ways than one.

You mean mean wall paintings and carvings that can be subjectively viewed to show an extra planet? Have you thought to compare the Proportionate size of each planet? Or their distance and configuration? I have a friend that believes this crap and have debated him for hours, he's pretty much given up.

Yea.. Also, it seems that you're making a Appeal to Antiquity, which is basically a fallacy saying that "because this thesis is older than other more recent thesis, then it must be true".

-----------------

Does the picture turn when you turn it around?
In your eyes only.

I don't get it..

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Yea.. Also, it seems that you're making a Appeal to Antiquity, which is basically a fallacy saying that "because this thesis is older than other more recent thesis, then it must be true".

actually I am appealing to interdisciplinary theories and occam's razor.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you clarify the question so that I could give you the exact information you are looking for.

Well, let's look at your post in question again:

From what I know many people say that this entire god thing is actally about love.

That is totally wrong aproach because if the god is so interested in love as those people say he is , he would have made many things in a much different way.

Probaby the most obvious part in this argument is that, nuclear weapons should not be possible if their god created this reality.

The whole gist of your post is that God would have "made many things in a different way" if God is as interested in love as people say he is.

To say that, you MUST have some idea in your head as to what a God of love would look like, if you can compare the current world to it and think he's not.

(And you go on to insinuate state emphatically that nuclear weapons should not exist if God is a God of love.)

Soooooooo.....

...care to describe what your idea of a world run by a God of love WOULD look like? You should have had something in mind, to draw the conclusions you did.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well, let's look at your post in question again:

The whole gist of your post is that God would have "made many things in a different way" if God is as interested in love as people say he is.

To say that, you MUST have some idea in your head as to what a God of love would look like, if you can compare the current world to it and think he's not.

(And you go on to insinuate state emphatically that nuclear weapons should not exist if God is a God of love.)

Soooooooo.....

...care to describe what your idea of a world run by a God of love WOULD look like? You should have had something in mind, to draw the conclusions you did.

Fair enough.

I will merge the ideas that I wanted to share in the beginning and the things that are answering your question.

Nuclear weapons are one of the most obvious parts in this story.
Secound the most obvious part are serious and dangerous diseases , because their only purpose is to kill the person and make many people unhappy that were close to that person.

Someone could say that it is only the gods call after him to come on the trial of his existance. But that would mean that god desides when is it enough and the person has no time to redeem oneself in this life or prove that he is good.

Possible punishment for doing bad things does not fit the crime at all.
Specialy if you add the fact that personality is created more of less in the first few years when the person is completly dependent on the others.
Someone could go even further and bring genetics into the picture. If you want I could even add determinism in this but that would take too long and I think that many people here know what determinism is.

I think that determinism is one of the best arguments against religion.

Also if determinism is driving force in this reality (and I don't see reason why it would not be) would mean that real love never existed becuse then everything is one big chain reaction that was started by god.

If god really loves us so much why is he/she/it playing so many games with us. Why does not he/she/it just show itself and end all this storys that are going around and that are creating many serious emotional problems to people all around the world. And creating large amout of fear ,doubt and moments of despair. If you do that to one person you are awfull person but if you do that to billions of people you are antichrist behind any doubt.
Becuse god is almighy I don't see what could be his/her excuse for doing this.

This is the worst possible way of manipulating peoples feelings you can imagine.That is because it looks like the only goal is that someone should feel bad.
From what I know about you Jennifer I think that you can relate to this part of the post.

One more example could be that in this world homosexuality should have different status.
Is it fair to create humanity with homosexuality and then accuse that individuals for many bad things in this world and then presecute them as sinners?

Sorry, but this sounds like one really bad joke.

If you say that Satan corrupted them, then why does not the almighty simply breake the curse.
Why creating Satan at all?

Why would you create world that can be polluted by people who just want to be happy or the world that can support much larger amount of people.

Why main energy source must be huge termonuclear reactor that can even kill you I you are not carefull. I am talking about the Sun here.

If love is so important why did it take billions of years to create it.
We are talking about almighty here.

Why create reality where love can be so easiliy destroyed, by this I mean civilization that has those feeling.

In this area there is a huge amount of arguments.
But since I am preparing thread " Humanity is destined to extinct " I will leave them for that thread.
If you did not read my main argument in "Global warming explained" thread you should, becuses it is also one more argument and a strong one.

As for your original question I think that it is pointless because love as any other feelings will cease to exist in this reality with time. (if you ask me)

I could write much more but it is 0.30 here and I have to study tomorrow for the whole day.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
You're not going to find sympathy for your nutter theory among rational, stable people, so you might as well cut your losses.

actually, i am being perfectly rational in the scientific process here.

there are no losses. only exposure of weaknesses.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Do you think saying that makes it true? Because I know it doesn't, and I hope everyone else does too.

well, I think anyone can tell by reading that logically, the Nibiru theory has more scientific validity and interdisciplinary support than the big bang theory.

As ridiculous as it sounds, no one has been able to poke any holes in that theory. In fact, Nibiru theory doesn't is completely supported by theories of conflict genetics. A sudden change in genetic composition usually implies some sort of conquering going on here.

In the end, you want to not believe it. No one can come up with anything other than heresay or "Thats ridiculous" as their scientific thesis. LOL Why can't u be honest with yourself? That is very unscientific of you. ;)

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
well, I think anyone can tell by reading that logically, the Nibiru theory has more scientific validity and interdisciplinary support than the big bang theory.

Really? Because you seem to be the only one getting that.

I see LOTS of scientific evidence for Big Bang theory, I see a picture of a heiroglyph for "Nibiru theory".

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Really? Because you seem to be the only one getting that.

by all means, please poke holes in the theory!

please answer a better reason why Sumerians knew more about modern day astrology than NASA did.

Occam's Razor.

In the end, u want to believe what you want. No one can come up with anything other than heresay or disbelief. Btw, yes, the earth is round fellas. And yes, there was no WMD in Iraq. ;)

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
please answer a better reason why Sumerians knew more about modern day astrology than NASA did.

Is there some evidence that they believed there to be 10 planets besides a picture? I need material/evidence to disprove in order to argue it. Arguing with you based on that picture is pointless, because you can believe what you want about it.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
^ sure.

The Chicago Astronomer - The 12 Planets of the Sumerians...

Its an astronomer scientist forum that documents the Sumerian texts. It is an ancient Altaic language.

The ancient Babylonians have long been recognized as the preeminent astronomers of the far, distant past of the ancient world. Several thousands of years before Copernicus they realized that the earth and other planets were spherical and that all revolved around the sun. With this knowledge they were able to accurately predict the eclipses of the sun and the moon. Up until modern times, most scholars assumed that the Babylonians had developed this astronomy themselves, the result of their need to do accurate calculations for their astrology. This however turns out not to be the case. Newly translated Babylonian texts indicate that the position of the stars and planets were calculated instead according to complex equations inherited from the Sumerian civilization.

The Sumerians were also able to measure the distance between stars very precisely. But how is it possible that earthbound, primitive, pretechnological people were able to do this? And even more mysteriously, why? Such star maps would be neccessary for space travellers, but not for the ancient primitive Sumerians. Given the extraordinary accuracy of Sumerian astronomical calculations, perhaps it is prudent to have another look at those areas where their information differs from ours. The Sumerians assign 12 "celestial bodies" to the solar system, the sun, the moon and 10 planets. Today we recognize 11 of these, but it was not always the case. Until the late 18th century Western astronomers only knew of the existence of 6 planets - Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. Uranus was discovered in 1781, Neptune in 1846, and Pluto in 1930. In this light, is it possible that the Sumerians 12th celestial body is yet to be discovered, a planet that the Sumerins called Nibiru? Interestingly, in 1972 Joseph L. Brady, an astronomer at the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory discovered a pertubation in Halleys comets orbit that could be explained by the presence of a Jupiter sized planet that orbits ever several thousand years. More recently, it has been found that the trajectories of space craft like the Voyagers are being disturbed by an unknown gravitational force.

By the way, lets all agree that interdisciplinary theories is the next step of scientific discovery.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
By the way, lets all agree that interdisciplinary theories is the next step of scientific discovery.

Hmmm...I'm not sure what that means. Surely interdisciplinary work may lead to interesting findings that wouldn't have otherwise been explored, but that's not to say that it's in any way superior to work done within one discipline.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
^ Well according to the UCSF model of research, interdisciplinary science has been superior to other types of research in terms of groundbreaking discoveries.

A theory should be able to stand, interdisplinary or not.

Didums

No more Sumerian talk in this thread please, if you want to discuss that subject I suggest creating a new thread.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
No more Sumerian talk in this thread please, if you want to discuss that subject I suggest creating a new thread.

actually its VERY revelant to a thread about the intersection of religion and science.

Come on now, science and politics is not supposed to mix very well. Or maybe it does?

Like i already said:

Btw, at this point the smartest move is to formalize an industrywide divorce of interdisciplinary theory building from the archaeological community. LOL ;)