• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I don't see how God could plausibly exist (Christian definition of God)

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Do you want to continue down the path you're going b/c you've only got me at about 15 - 20% angry right now.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
You should consider the consequences of your actions.

You have now guaranteed that I have a personal interest in the matter.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It would be nice if you guys would actually take turns in listening to the other talk and trying to understand their frame of reference from the inside. If you already think you're grounded in truth, what's to harm by sticking yourself inside the other's logic and trying to see it through their eyes? You already think you know what you believe... and if the other guy ends up being right on something... isn't it better to have a better handle on truth than just defend a position?

You might not end up agreeing with each other, but the bickering, "No, I'm smart!" / "No, I'M smart!!" gets old after awhile. Pretty much we're just watching two worldviews bash each other without any sort of positive outcome.

F

figsfiggyfigs

LOL this is entertaining...

So whats the problem DB? Nic disagrees with you?

You can't win everyone DB. Cut your losses.

ps.. I'll be honest, I only read the last 3 pages : )

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
^ That's why people steer clear from this whole section. Seems like these things can't be discussed intelligently without a need to criticize what others believe. I think it's telling of something deeper, that's why I don't take it personally.

Nicodemus

It would be nice if you guys would actually take turns in listening to the other talk and trying to understand their frame of reference from the inside. If you already think you're grounded in truth, what's to harm by sticking yourself inside the other's logic and trying to see it through their eyes? You already think you know what you believe... and if the other guy ends up being right on something... isn't it better to have a better handle on truth than just defend a position?

You might not end up agreeing with each other, but the bickering, "No, I'm smart!" / "No, I'M smart!!" gets old after awhile. Pretty much we're just watching two worldviews bash each other without any sort of positive outcome.
I spent quite some time arguing from inside the christian frame of reference a few pages back.

Beorn

Permabanned
Disco I appreciate your passion, but maybe you should reflect a little and come back later.

Since we're posting videos.

Nicodemus...

[YOUTUBE="eesNA_W44SU"]I'm your huckleberry[/YOUTUBE]

S

Sniffles

Kierkegaard once noted that discussions about God's existence often make for great comedies.