• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Clarify: Perspective vs. Attitude vs. Value vs. Personality vs. Philosophy

ygolo

My termites win
How are perspectives, attitudes, values, personalities, and philosophies related?

Which of these can one change or chose?

Of what you can change or chose, how do you change or chose?

Please try to use unambiguous language.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Perspective = the point of observation. (can change easily most of the times)
Attitude = habitual way of responding to stimuli. (can change, but takes shit loads of work and still some of the old attitudes may remain, even tho new have been learned)
Value = measurement of worth. (it can change if the situation changes)
Personality = the parts of human(or animal) mind that differ more or less from others. (it grows all the time)
Philosophy = way of thinking. (you can change your own philosophy on things or you can change other peoples philosophies on things, but you cant change the fact that a certain philosophy existed or is possible = the philosophy itself didnt change, only your opinion about it changed)

Sounds kinda schizophrenic trying to seek relatedness between concepts that differ so much from each others.. Except ofc you claim that other animals/life forms(which may be yet unknown) than humans doesent have personality, then the relatedness would be simply human.

Whats your point?

Chthonic

How are perspectives, attitudes, values, personalities, and philosophies related?

So many questions all at once Ygolo, are you asking us all to write a book on the subject? :D

Of all those things I would count personality as being the most fixed, but I do not count personality as being entirely fixed, it is subject to change just like all the others. In every personality system there is always the unhealth--->healthy spectrum in which the basic personallity expresses it's aspects differently. Sure the underlying motives may not be fundamentally different but the expression of it most certainly is.

I would say that ones philosophy drives the perspective, values, and attitude. Philosophy is a choice and you will notice that many people are apt to take up philosophies they have received only little exposure to, which reflect in some way their personality fundamentals and therefore are seen as compatible by the individual in question. In my lifetime I have taken up Eastern philosophies at various points in my life and these are the ones which sit most easily with my personality. Western philosophies I often have a problem with as some aspect of it seems to rail against my essential nature.

Although many people would argue that values are fixed, I find them not be so concrete for myself. For example I've been both vegetarian and carnivorous in my lifetime and ardently argued for both at various points in my life. Yes I value life other than human life, but I also value the fact that living beings are often food sources for other living beings, this is demonstrated at all levels of existence. Why should eating another living being be wrong merely because one is bipedal? So there needs to be a reason other than this for me to then place vegetarianism as a high value in my mental state. If I find that reason, I may very well return to vegetarianism.

Anyway, that's all I can really put together on the subject for now. Interested to read what others post here.

Daenera

Rogue heart

Humans. They're mostly exclusive to humans, at least in a sense of being so closely interconnected and interdependent.

All of them, hardest one being your personality, if it can be changed at all.

I don't quite get this question. What we would chose to change if we could and how, is that the question?

Think I've succeeded.;)