• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

• Total voters

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am agnostic...I have issues with church and religion which cause me to not be religious. That is separate from God though...one is man...the other is well....god. so I am up in air about god. Someone asked me what I do since I am pretty much undecided. I live my life the way I believe it should be lived and do my best. If I am not accepted for that then I don't want to walk with God anyway. I guess I put stipulations on god, he better be a God to me or he is not a God in my eyes. Strange, but how I think. I judge on who he is, not what he does for me. I don't do vengeful, judgemental, etc. If he doesn't accept gay,bi, lesbian, trans then i will find a new god. If he holds piddly stuff above murder, etc. he is not my god. I refuse to follow what I don't believe. I am not even gay, bi,lesbian, or trans, but believe people shouldn't be judged on the piddly crap of the world. Friendliness, etc. Should matter more then sexual preference of anything like that.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I grew up with that sound. So much so that I almost felt like I began to understand it to some degree.

Me too. Makes me nostalgic.

This was past the heyday of that noise, but I remember getting into very heated debates around 2002 - 2004. The experience helped shape me, and for the better, I think.

Last edited:

Chrysanthea

How are people defining "God" exactly? Though I said I was an impartial 4, I am more inclined towards Atheism if the God mentioned is similar to the one in any religious text or script. If it's just a general, Supreme Force that put the universe into play... then as I said before, I abstain.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
3.5, probably. Then again, I don't think scientifically God can ever really be proven. It's just a matter of what you want to believe. As long as you're not hurting anyone, do whatever the hell you want. So, I really hate people who harm others in the name of religion. Live your life with your faith. If you want to share it with others, do so in a respectful manner. Meaning, if the person doesn't want to hear you talk about your faith, then quit talking about it with them. Be respectful.

I hate Christians who shit on atheists. I hate atheists who shit on Christians. Just live and let live. You know?

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm Christian, agnostic at times - but I think that's very normal for every religious person. It's important to let go of yourself, to realize that not everything you feel like doing is what's best for you. Getting in touch with Christianity and those who adhere to it helped me understand this, and I think overall it's turned me into a healthier person. It's a shame about the fear of religion in modern society, of course there are those who misuse it... But it's really only about love, and the concept of love is very forgotten these days.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm Christian, agnostic at times - but I think that's very normal for every religious person. It's important to let go of yourself, to realize that not everything you feel like doing is what's best for you. Getting in touch with Christianity and those who adhere to it helped me understand this, and I think overall it's turned me into a healthier person. It's a shame about the fear of religion in modern society, of course there are those who misuse it... But it's really only about love, and the concept of love is very forgotten these days.

Yes, I don't have a fear of religion itself, but I do have a fear of what people do in the name of religion. To me, religion is a collection of stories that many, many people take much too seriously.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ahhh so that's where all the pirates have gone off to. There must be another Pirates of the Caribbean movie in order to explain their sudden advancement in the spacecraft industry.

Sometimes piracy is the best course.

Han-Solo.jpg

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
  • 1. Strong theist. 100 per cent probability of God. In the words of C.G. Jung: "I do not believe, I know."
  • 2. De facto theist. Very high probability but short of 100 per cent. "I don't know for certain, but I strongly believe in God and live my life on the assumption that he is there."
  • 3. Leaning towards theism. Higher than 50 per cent but not very high. "I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God."
  • 4. Completely impartial. Exactly 50 per cent. "God's existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable."
  • 5. Leaning towards atheism. Lower than 50 per cent but not very low. "I do not know whether God exists but I'm inclined to be skeptical."
  • 6. De facto atheist. Very low probability, but short of zero. "I don't know for certain but I think God is very improbable, and I live my life on the assumption that he is not there."
  • 7. Strong atheist. "I know there is no God, with the same conviction as Jung knows there is one."

I would say a 6 on this scale. I have less of a problem with the god question and far more of a problem with religion. Not one of them has gotten it right, not even close and they've all had plenty of time to work on it.

Cheshire Grin

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I USED to practice, but not any more, simply because it no longer resonated with the path I wanted to be on. Religion is a tricky thing: it can be unifying or divisive, politically motivated or spiritually empowering, and loving or punishing, and often, it's ALL of that ALL at the same time. So I stepped out.

There are ways to feel included, to feel love and be loved, to have a sense of purpose, and to become fearless, without religion. The path I'm on is one of refining. I'm constantly taking out what no longer serves my growth and putting in what does, and sometimes what serves me might be a teaching from a particular religion, and sometimes it might mean letting something that was once important to me go.

If you need religion in your life, and it helps, then that is the path you need to be on. If it's beginning to feel a little constrictive and tight around the throat, and you're stuck in a perpetual cycle of fear, then maybe it's not serving you. There are things beyond culture, and beyond structures, and there is YOU, and YOUR truth, which you need to find.

Lark

I USED to practice, but not any more, simply because it no longer resonated with the path I wanted to be on. Religion is a tricky thing: it can be unifying or divisive, politically motivated or spiritually empowering, and loving or punishing, and often, it's ALL of that ALL at the same time. So I stepped out.

There are ways to feel included, to feel love and be loved, to have a sense of purpose, and to become fearless, without religion. The path I'm on is one of refining. I'm constantly taking out what no longer serves my growth and putting in what does, and sometimes what serves me might be a teaching from a particular religion, and sometimes it might mean letting something that was once important to me go.

If you need religion in your life, and it helps, then that is the path you need to be on. If it's beginning to feel a little constrictive and tight around the throat, and you're stuck in a perpetual cycle of fear, then maybe it's not serving you. There are things beyond culture, and beyond structures, and there is YOU, and YOUR truth, which you need to find.

Religion as a consumer choice in a buyers market.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Religion as a consumer choice in a buyers market.

Heaven forbid people have a choice. You know, I really would like to have been alive during the 30 years' war. It would have been a blast.