• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Satanic Bible-Source of Personal Inspiration

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well dang, you just took the "shock" right outta my hilarious thread.

And surprised me again with the crazy shit you know :)

Well thank you :D Sorry about the shock spoiler. At least it takes a few pages to get to ;)

Also, cool about the Tarot. I have a deck and toy with them from time to time but am no expert.

Yeah, I thought the thread was a joke.

You've sized up the Le Vay script well too, its a lot like Ayn Rand, and its what I meant when I said it was literary satanism or a human, all to human rationalisation.

But you summarised it really well.

Thank you! Yeah, Cimarron made that comparison too. It's very true.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The similarity to Ayn Rand's objectivism is the main problem I have with LaVeyan Satanism. As a pretty liberal Christian I don't believe in a literal Satan so it's not shocking or scary to me to see people pretending to worship something that isn't real. No more so than the Flying Spaghetti Monster, really. Except I prefer the FSM's emphasis on science to the Satanists' emphasis on self.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The similarity to Ayn Rand's objectivism is the main problem I have with LaVeyan Satanism. As a pretty liberal Christian I don't believe in a literal Satan so it's not shocking or scary to me to see people pretending to worship something that isn't real. No more so than the Flying Spaghetti Monster, really. Except I prefer the FSM's emphasis on science to the Satanists' emphasis on self.

Plus FSM has a beer volcano.

Ha, actually I've been majorly impressed with people's knowledge of LeVeyan's Satanism. I've mostly looked at the "scripture." Some truth there. And then the whole allure of the Occult thingy.

I mean, I assumed he was an asshole, but I'll have to look a little deeper. Maybe.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WTj8iuG.gif

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
7. "Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often
worse than those that walk on all‐fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual
and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!"

Satan represents the ego.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As an FYI/PSA, LaVeyan Satanism is a form of atheism - not devil worship - that utilizes spiritual language and structure. It encourages independence of thought and strength of self, and typically involves extensive use of interpersonal and intrapersonal psychological theory. "Satan" is a symbol generally representing the attributes of power that mainstream religions typically reject in their requisite submission of humans to a deity. LaVeyan Satanists do not believe in the being known as "Satan" as conceptualized in the Abrahamic religions; "Satan" in this sense is more rhetorical device and less pivotal focus. The self is really the pivotal focus in LaVeyan Satanism, and a more applicable critique of the philosophy, IMO, would be to focus on the potential pitfalls of self-glorification.

So, for what it's worth, there is no "Satan" here to reject, as rejecting the Abrahamic concept of Satan is actually a prerequisite to being a LaVeyan Satanist. I suspect the sense of shock accompanied by the term "Satanism" is somewhat valuable to them because the point of LaVeyan Satanism is to awaken people out of the conformity, restriction, and submission they believe is part of mainstream religion, so that they may flourish in their individuality and take full advantage of life. Plus they might get lulz out of it, as I suspect johnny is here. ;)

My understanding of LeVay (whose birth name was Howard... haha) was that he was quite the showboater. One of his favorite instruments to play was the pipe organ (how showy), and he spent a lot of his early adulthood in carnivals. He seemed to be in the thick of things, around people, liked to organize groups, knew lots of people. It fell right into line with him to like and know how to attract attention and poke people in ways to get them riled up, all the better to get some press. He was already a local personage when he decided to direct a group he was in into the lines of this new organization; part of choosing the "Satan" angle was to create controversy that would stir up more opportunities and unnerve people.

... Looks like you guys have hit on much of that, though... :)

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My understanding of LeVay (whose birth name was Howard... haha) was that he was quite the showboater. One of his favorite instruments to play was the pipe organ (how showy), and he spent a lot of his early adulthood in carnivals. He seemed to be in the thick of things, around people, liked to organize groups, knew lots of people. It fell right into line with him to like and know how to attract attention and poke people in ways to get them riled up, all the better to get some press. He was already a local personage when he decided to direct a group he was in into the lines of this new organization; part of choosing the "Satan" angle was to create controversy that would stir up more opportunities and unnerve people.

Oh wow, interesting. Danke, Fraulein.

So LeVay was a carnie? Makes a lot more sense.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

That really sort of makes a lot of sense in a funny way. Nice info!!

Pipe organ and Satan... makes me think... :phantom:

Mole

Permabanned
Satan is a breath of fresh air in a world where the bad guys make all kinds of excuses from child abuse to drunken memory loss. Whereas Satan was upfront, no excuses, no whinning, no blaming others, no denial. Satan tells it like it is: I would rather rule in Hell than serve in Heaven.

Satan inspires me to take a breath of fresh air.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From the Infernal Diatribe, Chapter II, Verse 13.

13 The most dangerous of all enthroned lies is the holy, the sanctified, the
privileged lie the lie everyone believes to be a model truth.
It is the fruitful mother of all other popular errors and delusions. It is a hydra‐headed tree of unreason with a thousand roots. It is a social cancer!

Megachurches, Consumerism, The Rat Race, Joel Osteen, The Bachelorette.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The Satanic Bible is a direct response to the Bible, and any one educated enough to read the Bible in context or from a historic perspective could come to similar conclusions on many of these statements and not be a Satanist. They could still be a Christian in fact. Didn't Jesus also question organized religion and the Pharisees and Sadducees? Doesn't the Bible pretty much tell us we are the only animal who even needs commandments?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh wow, interesting. Danke, Fraulein.

So LeVay was a carnie? Makes a lot more sense.

I have seen part of his personal taxidermy collection in the Hollywood museum of death. He certainly was a character.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well man is made in God's image as well. Christians relate to the son of God, Jesus, a human (or demi-god/God, was never clear).

Most religions' main deities have some semblance of man (not all). A human portrayal of Satan is all up in the Bible. And really, what's a better portrayal for humans to relate to?

Yeah that damn apple in the Garden of Eve, Knowledge. And it seems self-knowledge could be argued for that, like I think you're suggesting, and all the human "woe is me" lamentations that the beasts seem blissfully unaware of. I personally think animals can be traumatized and suffer, but humans have a unique talent for it.

I think you may be right about pure evil being purely corruptive.

The problem with Satanism is not even that Satan is real or not real, but that it glorifies worship of the self. And worshipping yourself pretty much would be my definition of Satanic because it pretty squarely opposes almost any mainstream religion that recognizes us as parts of a whole. The church is the body of Christ. Buddhists say we are all one. Many benign pagan religions emphasized man as just being a part of nature or the cosmos. From that perspective, and not some of these other ideas you chose to post in the OP, then Satanism probably is exactly what is wrong with the modern world, followed closely by Nietzche and Ayn Rand, which creepily seems to be fulfilling some Biblical prophecies. I am not part of the Left Behind crowd, but I can kinda see why people think we're living in end times. Many environmentalists think this too, and Green Christianity has even sprung up.