• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Satanic Bible-Source of Personal Inspiration

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I reject Satan and all his works, I would encourage everyone else to aswell. Irrespective of what you think about God. Even if you are an athiest or materialist.

I agree with that.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The version of Satan in Le Vay's writing is the product of human, all too human rationalisations, perhaps its another step beyond literary portrayals of Satan in books like Paradise Lost because I dont believe that earlier or other characterisations of Satan could draw any support.

I reject Satan and all his works, I would encourage everyone else to aswell. Irrespective of what you think about God. Even if you are an athiest or materialist.

The Tarot's Devil is pretty good, and most of his influence on humans is tricking us into giving in fully to our most raw desires.

RWS_Tarot_15_Devil.jpg

A goat also symbolises the scapegoat, the person or thing upon which people project the inferior side of themselves in order to feel better about themselves. Thus the Devil is the scapegoat we blame for our troubles in life.

The Devil has the wings of a vampire bat, an animal that sucks the life blood out of its prey. This is symbolic of what happens when we give full reign to the realm of our raw desires. We lose our vitality and life energy. The Devil has an almost hypnotic stare, bringing those who come near him within his power. Above him is an inverted pentagram, signifying the darker side of magic and occultism.

At the foot of the Devil stands a man and a woman, both naked and chained to the podium on which the Devil sits. They appear to be held here, against their will, but only closer observation, the chains around their necks are loose and could be easily removed. This symbolises that bondage to the Devil is ultimately a voluntary matter which consciousness can release. The man and woman wear tiny horns like those of the Satyr – they are becoming more and more like the devil the longer they stay here. Both have tails – a further symbol of their animalistic or 'lower' tendencies.

Lark

The Tarot's Devil is pretty good, and most of his influence on humans is tricking us into giving in fully to our most raw desires.

RWS_Tarot_15_Devil.jpg

I'm sure that the associations of Satan with base behaviour, like animals acting on instinct and possessing less or no consciousness as humans do or are supposed to, is valid but that's only one facet of Satan.

Animals can be blameless, in some of the original or older thinking animals did not possess souls at all.

This all could be a reflection of the crucial criteria for life now or afterlife was consciousness, Erich Fromm has written about that and has written some great reflections on the old testament/Jewish scriptures, including Genesis, attempting a reinterpretation like Fuerbach did of Christianity. Fromm suggests that the story of the expulsion from paradise is about evolving from instinct to consciousness and comprehension of existential dilemmas like the purpose of life, drives to freedom and conflicted psychological states.

Like I said, a lot of literary satanism, is based on pretty human or humanistic portrayals of Satan, which is not restricted to celebrating base behaviour and instincts, remember Satan was the arch-angel "who would be king" and thought himself the equal of God, the usurper and pretender to greatness.

It is an impossible formula that from evil some good may come, of adversity some good things are born but only from good struggling with evil and prevailing, never from evil and its part.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sure that the associations of Satan with base behaviour, like animals acting on instinct and possessing less or no consciousness as humans do or are supposed to, is valid but that's only one facet of Satan.

Animals can be blameless, in some of the original or older thinking animals did not possess souls at all.

This all could be a reflection of the crucial criteria for life now or afterlife was consciousness, Erich Fromm has written about that and has written some great reflections on the old testament/Jewish scriptures, including Genesis, attempting a reinterpretation like Fuerbach did of Christianity. Fromm suggests that the story of the expulsion from paradise is about evolving from instinct to consciousness and comprehension of existential dilemmas like the purpose of life, drives to freedom and conflicted psychological states.

Like I said, a lot of literary satanism, is based on pretty human or humanistic portrayals of Satan, which is not restricted to celebrating base behaviour and instincts, remember Satan was the arch-angel "who would be king" and thought himself the equal of God, the usurper and pretender to greatness.

It is an impossible formula that from evil some good may come, of adversity some good things are born but only from good struggling with evil and prevailing, never from evil and its part.

Well man is made in God's image as well. Christians relate to the son of God, Jesus, a human (or demi-god/God, was never clear).

Most religions' main deities have some semblance of man (not all). A human portrayal of Satan is all up in the Bible. And really, what's a better portrayal for humans to relate to?

Yeah that damn apple in the Garden of Eve, Knowledge. And it seems self-knowledge could be argued for that, like I think you're suggesting, and all the human "woe is me" lamentations that the beasts seem blissfully unaware of. I personally think animals can be traumatized and suffer, but humans have a unique talent for it.

I think you may be right about pure evil being purely corruptive.

Lark

Well man is made in God's image as well. Christians relate to the son of God, Jesus, a human (or demi-god/God, was never clear).

Most religions' main deities have some semblance of man (not all). A human portrayal of Satan is all up in the Bible. And really, what's a better portrayal for humans to relate to?

Yeah that damn apple in the Garden of Eve, Knowledge. And it seems self-knowledge could be argued for that, like I think you're suggesting, and all the human "woe is me" lamentations that the beasts seem blissfully unaware of. I personally think animals can be traumatized and suffer, but humans have a unique talent for it.

I think you may be right about pure evil being purely corruptive.

Reject Satan.

And all his works.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Satan leads by example.

His only setback was that he knew the truth about anything.

Man is just organic.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As an FYI/PSA, LaVeyan Satanism is a form of atheism - not devil worship - that utilizes spiritual language and structure. It encourages independence of thought and strength of self, and typically involves extensive use of interpersonal and intrapersonal psychological theory. "Satan" is a symbol generally representing the attributes of power that mainstream religions typically reject in their requisite submission of humans to a deity. LaVeyan Satanists do not believe in the being known as "Satan" as conceptualized in the Abrahamic religions; "Satan" in this sense is more rhetorical device and less pivotal focus. The self is really the pivotal focus in LaVeyan Satanism, and a more applicable critique of the philosophy, IMO, would be to focus on the potential pitfalls of self-glorification.

So, for what it's worth, there is no "Satan" here to reject, as rejecting the Abrahamic concept of Satan is actually a prerequisite to being a LaVeyan Satanist. I suspect the sense of shock accompanied by the term "Satanism" is somewhat valuable to them because the point of LaVeyan Satanism is to awaken people out of the conformity, restriction, and submission they believe is part of mainstream religion, so that they may flourish in their individuality and take full advantage of life. Plus they might get lulz out of it, as I suspect johnny is here. ;)

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As an FYI/PSA, LaVeyan Satanism is a form of atheism - not devil worship - that utilizes spiritual language and structure. It encourages independence of thought and strength of self, and typically involves extensive use of interpersonal and intrapersonal psychological theory. "Satan" is a symbol generally representing the attributes of power that mainstream religions typically reject in their requisite submission of humans to a deity. LaVeyan Satanists do not believe in the being known as "Satan" as conceptualized in the Abrahamic religions; "Satan" in this sense is more rhetorical device and less pivotal focus. The self is really the pivotal focus in LaVeyan Satanism, and a more applicable critique of the philosophy, IMO, would be to focus on the potential pitfalls of self-glorification.

So, for what it's worth, there is no "Satan" here to reject, as rejecting the Abrahamic concept of Satan is actually a prerequisite to being a LaVeyan Satanist. I suspect the sense of shock accompanied by the term "Satanism" is somewhat valuable to them because the point of LaVeyan Satanism is to awaken people out of the conformity, restriction, and submission they believe is part of mainstream religion, so that they may flourish in their individuality and take full advantage of life. Plus they might get lulz out of it, as I suspect johnny is here. ;)
Right, in my mind, it's much more like Ayn Rand-style Objectivism than "worshipping the Christian devil."

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Well dang, you just took the "shock" right outta my hilarious thread.

And surprised me again with the crazy shit you know :)

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I once brought a Satanist home with me. First and only time I've interacted with one...it went a little like this:

A Memory--

"You are different," the Icelandic boy said to me.

"I am," I said.

"I worship Satan," he said. "You should fear me."

He showed me some hideous spider ring on his finger with ruby eyes. I thought it was gaudy, over dramatic, but all I said was, "Well, ain't that somethin'?"

I smiled and held up my little finger. "I have enough power in my pinky-finger to cast Satan in the pits of hell. I have the surge of the Almighty flowing through me. I know what I am," I said. "Why should I fear you?"

"I can destroy your body," he said.

"It's only a body," I replied. "It's not permanent anyway. You can't do anything to me unless I let you."

"I'm nervous," he said. "I need a smoke."

"Let's go outside then," I said.

"All right," he said, so we did. Then we played basketball. He got winded, so we had to quit.

"What is it about you? How can you not fear me? Don't you think I'm weird? Doesn't my appearance bug you?"

I looked at him. Seventeen, tattooed like a billboard for bad boys, rings in his ears, his nose, his eyebrows, his tongue, pale skin, black hair, tired eyes, dreadlocks that hadn't been washed in...maybe forever, tough face...terrified interior.

I tossed the ball in the goal and caught it as it sprang up off the pavement. "Why should I care what you look like?"

I pitched the ball to him. He caught it and breathed heavily. The heavy smoking and lack of physical exercise made him weak, even though he was foot taller than I. "Well," he said. "Just stay over there, because...you scare me."

"Wanna watch Lion King?" I asked.

"Yeah, but you stay on the other side of the room," he said.

So we walked back to the house and watched Lion King. He never came back to my house.

Some part of me pitied him because he tried so hard to get a reaction out of people. I think he owned a Satanic Bible.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I once brought a Satanist home with me. First and only time I've interacted with one...it went a little like this:

A Memory--

"You are different," the Icelandic boy said to me.

"I am," I said.

"I worship Satan," he said. "You should fear me."

He showed me some hideous spider ring on his finger with ruby eyes. I thought it was gaudy, over dramatic, but all I said was, "Well, ain't that somethin'?"

I smiled and held up my little finger. "I have enough power in my pinky-finger to cast Satan in the pits of hell. I have the surge of the Almighty flowing through me. I know what I am," I said. "Why should I fear you?"

"I can destroy your body," he said.

"It's only a body," I replied. "It's not permanent anyway. You can't do anything to me unless I let you."

"I'm nervous," he said. "I need a smoke."

"Let's go outside then," I said.

"All right," he said, so we did. Then we played basketball. He got winded, so we had to quit.

"What is it about you? How can you not fear me? Don't you think I'm weird? Doesn't my appearance bug you?"

I looked at him. Seventeen, tattooed like a billboard for bad boys, rings in his ears, his nose, his eyebrows, his tongue, pale skin, black hair, tired eyes, dreadlocks that hadn't been washed in...maybe forever, tough face...terrified interior.

I tossed the ball in the goal and caught it as it sprang up off the pavement. "Why should I care what you look like?"

I pitched the ball to him. He caught it and breathed heavily. The heavy smoking and lack of physical exercise made him weak, even though he was foot taller than I. "Well," he said. "Just stay over there, because...you scare me."

"Wanna watch Lion King?" I asked.

"Yeah, but you stay on the other side of the room," he said.

So we walked back to the house and watched Lion King. He never came back to my house.

Some part of me pitied him because he tried so hard to get a reaction out of people. I think he owned a Satanic Bible.

Are you the Anti-Satan???? Just stay over there.

Funny story.

It's well known that when a servant of the Dark Lord is overcome by fear, only The Lion King and orange slices can sooth his widdle Satanic soul.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
All I know is that this is a cool image. I like some "satanic" imagery, but really, lol @ satan. Also I think it's funny to apply the term "satanism" to rather basic and innocent philosophies. It just screams as a cry for attention and edginess and is quite misleading.

baphomet.jpg

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
P.S. [MENTION=20955]johnnyyukon[/MENTION] I wasn't saying you were crying for attention... I was referring to Leveyan Satanism.

Lark

Yeah, I thought the thread was a joke.

You've sized up the Le Vay script well too, its a lot like Ayn Rand, and its what I meant when I said it was literary satanism or a human, all to human rationalisation.

But you summarised it really well.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Are you the Anti-Satan???? Just stay over there.

Funny story.

It's well known that when a servant of the Dark Lord is overcome by fear, only The Lion King and orange slices can sooth his widdle Satanic soul.

LOL! Exactly. The prince of darkness is no match for the circle of life and the head wacking monkey.

Jaguar

I can't reject Satan since I don't think it exists. The Tooth Fairy gets equal treatment.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
This thread kind of reminds me of this line I once heard in an Eyedea song. It also reminds me of the Faustian Pact in Faust's tale. But this quotation is kind of unique in that Eyedea, in my humble opinion, was a brilliant song writer. No doubt, he had read Faust....Sadly Eyedea overdosed and passed away at a very young age. If you like underground hip hop which borders on poetry I suggest you check it out.

"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing me that I was him" - Eyedea.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
P.S. [MENTION=20955]johnnyyukon[/MENTION] I wasn't saying you were crying for attention... I was referring to Leveyan Satanism.

Ach so

Yeah, I thought the thread was a joke.

You've sized up the Le Vay script well too, its a lot like Ayn Rand, and its what I meant when I said it was literary satanism or a human, all to human rationalisation.

But you summarised it really well.

It mostly is, but I have studied ALL religions and was obsessed with Demonology for about a year. And bought my first Occult book and a few Grimoires 12 years ago, at 18 years old.

I actually think there's a lot of truth in some of LeVay's writing. But as far as religion, I call myself nothing but a Human. Perhaps "I don't farkin' knowism" which is pretty close to agnosticism.

The system I have used and studied the longest and most consistently is The Tarot. As it is largely a well crafted Rorschach test that VERY often leads to great insights into my life.

I could care less if people want to criticize my weird beliefs (and I am NOT saying anyone has done that, just sayin') as Religion and Spirituality is a very personal thing.

That's why I can't frakin' stand proselytizers. None of what's in here, both satire and personal experiences, do I purport to impose on ANYONE. If I am asked, another story.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread kind of reminds me of this line I once heard in an Eyedea song. It also reminds me of the Faustian Pact in Faust's tale. But this quotation is kind of unique in that Eyedea, in my humble opinion, was a brilliant song writer. No doubt, he had read Faust....Sadly Eyedea overdosed and passed away at a very young age. If you like underground hip hop which borders on poetry I suggest you check it out.

"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing me that I was him" - Eyedea.

Interesting, as I thought you were going for the "...convincing everyone he didn't exist."