• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

We are nothing but a dream

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well may we worship the God of Skinny-Love, called Almighty God, but some of us worship the God of Moles, called the Diffident God.

Some of us want to be almighty like Skinny-Love, and as we become what we worship, it is entirely appropriate to worship Almighty God. Indeed there are times I am tempted myself.

But then I look down at my little paws, look down my little nose at my whiskers, and say to myself Mole, you live underground, and so your place is underground, there is no room underground for almighty. So I sigh, brush my velvet fur coat, and return to my diffident life and my personality, underground.

What are you hiding from Mole? Come out and play.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
This life is a lie, I knew that admittedly fully well on early '08. It wasn't a shock either. I must've been 20 years old.

The only rescuing salvation I could've had needed a lot of dedication. It was purpose. What am I doing here etc. I guess I needed to show dedication.

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
did we ever actually exist?

yes. and, no

Has all this happened before?

yes. it's called a present moment. welcome to the illusion of time.

How does something appear from nothing? Is there a reason? What is the reason? Thoughts?

i dont know that for sure, nobody know i guess, we have only a spiritual hunches, i think

Recurring, and what purpose do recurring dreams serve?

To clear up our karma, i guess, and to become aware of the present moment, and spiritual reality.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To clear up our karma, i guess, and to become aware of the present moment, and spiritual reality.

Our recurring dreams turn into recurring nightmares to grab our attention.

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Our recurring dreams turn into recurring nightmares to grab our attention.

Sorry, can you explain a concept further. I have some guesses, but what are you assuming by "grabing our attention"?

Maybe recurring nightmares are the ways of subconciousness to remind you about some issues you have to resolve.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I actually think temporal existence is a transient state for our ethereal selves; kind of like a dream, but more like a state of amnesia that lasts throughout our journeys into mortality.

Cultures all over earth, throughout human history, have believed in life after death, or the continuation of existence succeeding death, or the existing of the body. There have been numerous account of such a phenomenon from people who have died and yet were resuscitated. (I also find it intersting that in cultures that little or no contact with one another before the modern area, the concept of ghosts or spirits existed. It is a transcontinental concept).

In Cherokee there is no word for good-bye because the held belief is that no one is ever really gone, we merely pass from one state of being, from one realm of existence, into another. Basically, we see this world as a temporal illusion. So, in a sense, we could say "life is a dream" but it would be more accurate, in my way of seeing, to say, life is a memory. But then again, where is the line between dreams and memories?

And yes, I think time is an illusion, but it would take me hours to break it down and explain my precise reasoning; so, since I am currently temporarily confined, to paraphrase Deanna Troy, I don't have time to talk about time, at least not now. I simply wanted to throw it out there and say that my thinking leans in that way.

So life, as we know it, is a memory and time exist only from the stand point of now.

Mole

Permabanned
Dulce Domum

What are you hiding from Mole? Come out and play.

Presently they all sat down to luncheon together. The Mole found himself placed next to Mr. Badger, and, as the other two were still deep in river-gossip from which nothing could divert them, he took the opportunity to tell Badger how comfortable and home-like it all felt to him. "Once well underground," he said, "you know exactly where you are. Nothing can happen to you, and nothing can get at you. You're entirely your own master, and you don't have to consult anybody or mind what they say. Things go on all the same overhead, and you let 'em, and don't bother about 'em. When you want to, up you go, and there the things are, waiting for you."

The Badger simply beamed on him. "That's exactly what I say," he replied. "There's no security, or peace and tranquillity, except underground. And then, if your ideas get larger and you want to expand—why, a dig and a scrape, and there you are! If you feel your house is a bit too big, you stop up a hole or two, and there you are again! No builders, no tradesmen, no remarks passed on you by fellows looking over your wall, and, above all, no weather. Look at Rat, now. A couple of feet of flood water, and he's got to move into hired lodgings; uncomfortable, inconveniently situated, and horribly expensive. Take Toad. I say nothing against Toad Hall; quite the best house in these parts, as a house. But supposing a fire breaks out—where's Toad? Supposing tiles are blown off, or walls sink or crack, or windows get broken—where's Toad? Supposing the rooms are draughty—I hate a draught myself—where's Toad? No, up and out of doors is good enough to roam about and get one's living in; but underground to come back to at last—that's my idea of home!"

The Mole assented heartily; and the Badger in consequence got very friendly with him. "When lunch is over," he said, "I'll take you all round this little place of mine. I can see you'll appreciate it. You understand what domestic architecture ought to be, you do."

Mole

Permabanned
Sorry, can you explain a concept further. I have some guesses, but what are you assuming by "grabing our attention"?

Maybe recurring nightmares are the ways of subconciousness to remind you about some issues you have to resolve.

Yes, it is called the return of the repressed.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
in every grain of immortality is a seed for temporal existence and in every grain of temporal existence is a seed for immortality. Our lives are transient but we live on by our actions attitudes and spirit and duck and dart out of the infinite space by the grace of our persistence.

my humble opinion of course.

LonestarCowgirl

Well may we worship the God of Skinny-Love, called Almighty God, but some of us worship the God of Moles, called the Diffident God.

Some of us want to be almighty like Skinny-Love, and as we become what we worship, it is entirely appropriate to worship Almighty God. Indeed there are times I am tempted myself.

But then I look down at my little paws, look down my little nose at my whiskers, and say to myself Mole, you live underground, and so your place is underground, there is no room underground for almighty. So I sigh, brush my velvet fur coat, and return to my diffident life and my personality, underground.

Mole, if I was looking for an almighty champion, I wouldn't choose me first. Make no mistake, the Almighty God knows your name, and you are loved.

Mole

Permabanned
Mole, if I was looking for an almighty champion, I wouldn't choose me first. Make no mistake, the Almighty God knows your name, and you are loved.

From a psychological point of view, dear Skinny-Love, we become what we worship.

So it seems you may be disingenuous in disavowing yourself as almighty.

The advantage in recognising that we become what we worship is that we can now choose what we worship and so choose what we become.

So naturally as a sensible Mole I don't choose to be almighty, which might be a bit above myself, but rather I choose what is appropriate, and indeed what is in good taste, and I choose to be a diffident Mole.