• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How does one love?

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Love is knowing what is best for oneself and accepting what is best for everyone else.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Start with something small, like a puppy, and work your way up.

Chthonic

I wish I knew. But I practice a lot with a cat, especially when she vomits furballs onto my furniture if I piss her off. :tongue10:

Little_Sticks

Love is knowing what is best for oneself and accepting what is best for everyone else.

How does that process work then?

Start with something small, like a puppy, and work your way up.

I can love animals...I had a cat (mom has it now as I couldn't take care of it due to work), russian blue + tortoise shell + female. Sweetest animal I've ever known. I could cradle her like a baby, rub her belly, and make her so happy she'd follow me around like I was a drug. But it's people I'm not sure about...

sculpting

to love the innocent is easy, as they are deserving of love. They dont have the tools to hurt another, so can be trusted to expose one's vulnerabilities to. To love another human, of the suspicious adult variety, is much more difficult, because they possess the tools, motive and capability to hurt you, should they choose to. Instinctively, one defends against that with all sorts of evasive tactics. To really love another, you must love yourself-which is a dumb ridiculous cliche that doesnt make any sense. What really seems to be needed, is the self understanding and self evaluation of one's own emotions-what do you really need-why do you need it, what does it teach you about yourself? What areas do you need to change and grow and when are you being emotionally unaccountable? Then when confronted by the very real threat of love for another or their love for you-that emotion which renders you vulnerable-you can stand true to that which you are, those needs which are yours-and then their love is not a threat, or your love not a weakness, but instead simply things you each feel on your own for one another, but not threatening to one another. In some sense, it deosnt matter what they feel-because what you feel is perfectly beautiful in being that which it is. just my thoughts though.