• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Humans are social creatures

Destiny

A wannabe dog
That's not a matter of opinion...

No, I posted this thread because I am trying to gain insights into something. I love being alone at times but people say it's unhealthy. I was thinking my needs probably differ from most people. Most people tend to get depressed when alone but I tend to feel happier when alone. I am not sure why people kept nagging me to be more social and why they described being alone as unhealthy, and hence I wanna gain some insights into this by hearing about people's opinions on this.

If the majority's opinions conflicts with my own opinion and if being alone all the time is really considered an unhealthy lifestyle, then I might re-consider my own opinions and try to be more social in future.

Nicodemus

No, I posted this thread because I am trying to gain insights into something. I love being alone at times but people say it's unhealthy. I was thinking my needs probably differ from most people. Most people tend to get depressed when alone but I tend to feel happier when alone. I am not sure why people kept nagging me to be more social and why they described being alone as unhealthy, and hence I wanna gain some insights into this by hearing about people's opinions on this.

If the majority's opinions conflicts with my own opinion and if being alone all the time is really considered an unhealthy lifestyle, then I might re-consider my own opinions and try to be more social in future.
Most people's opinions differ because human beings are social creatures. You will find out soon enough if you continue to be alone all the time.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP

Some have very low capacity for sociability, and for them aloneness is natural.

If you find you desire company, seek company; why overwrite your needs with others'? Bad Fe.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I wonder what triggered extroversio and introversion.

It probably isn't evolutionary because if that is so either the introverrs or the extroverts would have extinct by now.

*Calla Richard Dawkins*

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP

It probably isn't evolutionary because if that is so either the introverrs or the extroverts would have extinct by now.

*Calla Richard Dawkins*

Why would one line have gone extinct? Extraverts are stronger with introverts behind them.

Nicodemus

*Calla Richard Dawkins*
Diversity is stronger, man.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Those were different species, not different members of the same.

I just wanted to come up with a clever reply to you. That is all.

Anyway, does nature encouragers variations, especially at such larger levels (extroverts and i troverts have a approximate 50% division).

Maybe if tbe variation is much lesz - 10% - we could have asumed that nature was cooking something.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't consider myself as a social creature !!:doh:

I am a sensitive upright human being with (a few) social skills.

In other words, a wild beast for anyone only viewing himself/herself as "a social creature".

Nicodemus

I just wanted to come up with a clever reply to you. That is all.
It almost worked. You should have agreed with me, though.

Anyway, does nature encouragers variations, especially at such larger levels (extroverts and i troverts have a approximate 50% division).

Maybe if tbe variation is much lesz - 10% - we could have asumed that nature was cooking something.
This is a telling example of language leading us astray from fact. The metaphor of 'nature' as an agent allows you to let nature do something of her own accord. Of course, nature does not exist as such an entity or agent; it is the name we give to a vast net of interconnected forces at work in the world. The truth is, nature doesn't do shit. But things happen.

Diversity is stronger than homogeneity because different individuals have different genetic makeups, which makes them stronger in some aspects and weaker in others. A new evolutionary challenge, a virus for instance, that threatens to kill all the extroverts because it affects some gene that is pronounced in them but lacking in introverts, favors the introverts, while college parties, on the other hand, put them at a disadvantage. The ambivert offspring they produce together is more likely to survive both, sustaining the group or species, which is precisely what nature 'encourages'.

I do not think that the extrovert/introvert variation is any larger than what we can find in height (Goliath/Tiny Tim), color (Miles Davis/Carrot Top), voice level (James Earl Jones/kyuuei), artistic ability (Rembrandt/Nicodemus) or intelligence (Einstein/YouTube commentators).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
we are social creatures. it doesn't mean every one of us likes to socialize but think about it was kind of used to need to rely on each other for our survival we've always lived in at least in small clans, so yeah we are social creatures. Because someone doesn't like to socialize doesn't make it less true. if we weren't social creatures our children would be born fully able to take care of themselves out of eggs. so even on a biological level we are, and if we were we'd have died out cuz no parent would have stuck around and raised their child

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
It almost worked. You should have agreed with me, though.

This is a telling example of language leading us astray from fact. The metaphor of 'nature' as an agent allows you to let nature do something of her own accord. Of course, nature does not exist as such an entity or agent; it is the name we give to a vast net of interconnected forces at work in the world. The truth is, nature doesn't do shit. But things happen.

Diversity is stronger than homogeneity because different individuals have different genetic makeups, which makes them stronger in some aspects and weaker in others. A new evolutionary challenge, a virus for instance, that threatens to kill all the extroverts because it affects some gene that is pronounced in them but lacking in introverts, favors the introverts, while college parties, on the other hand, put them at a disadvantage. The ambivert offspring they produce together is more likely to survive both, sustaining the group or species, which is precisely what nature 'encourages'.

I do not think that the extrovert/introvert variation is any larger than what we can find in height (Goliath/Tiny Tim), color (Miles Davis/Carrot Top), voice level (James Earl Jones/kyuuei ), artistic ability (Rembrandt/Nicodemus) or intelligence (Einstein/YouTube commentators).

Mentions [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]

Anyway, i don't disagree with you. Knows very little on evolution. Should read richard dawkins.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People need each other to some extent - they would go crazy. You don't stick a person in an isolated area for twenty years and expect them to come out sane. No matter how introverted they are, they need to be around other humans and just hear them talk and interact.

Mole

Permabanned
We are meaning creating animals and we mirror one another. So we create and mirror meaning. So we can't do without each other.

Slate

We'll you're on the internet, one of the many products we enjoy from inventions produced by fellow humans to improve our lives, the service is continually being provided to you based on some agreed exchange rate you (or your parents) made with a company, and you are using the internet to communicate with other people.

Just on that one example, you have at least 3 supporting statements which exemplify yourself as a social creature.