• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is the alpha male more alpha than someone who laughs and looks down on him?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're speaking of a gamma male.

From Wikipedia:

The gamma male is a man who has been irradiated with gamma rays, developed a mutation where he can laugh at another male who has quantifiably more swag. This is a corruption of the gene enabling the the beta male laugh, which is used to placate those in power and distract while he flees.

The gamma male laugh fills the alpha male with feelings of doubt and anxiety, which is foreign to him and is interpreted as mild hunger and genital irritation.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think that Alpha Male is ideological, societal construct. I think, theres only a men who doesnt have much need to prove something, and those who try to prove something. Id like to replace alpha male concept with those of more mature, and less mature men.

^^^

This post seems particularly lucid to me. Not that there is anything wrong with wanting to prove yourself... But there is such a difference between the man who is living for fulfillment and treating his peers with dignity and respect versus the man who is living for status and treats his peers as less than equal.

Bullet

What, I haven't made quality contributions?
:(

Sorry, gentlemen. Clearly, I'm the alpha male in this thread. :spindance: (<---- alpha male dance)

Isn't it mildly amusing and sad though how easily men, in general, can be manipulated into behaving a certain way by hanging these ideas over their head? It doesn't get more beta than that.

Also, anytime someone uses terms like Alpha or Beta, in a serious context, in reference to human beings, they immediately go on my Omega list and I shun them.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry, gentlemen. Clearly, I'm the alpha male in this thread. :spindance: (<---- alpha male dance)

Isn't it mildly amusing and sad though how easily men, in general, can be manipulated into behaving a certain way by hanging these ideas over their head? It doesn't get more beta than that.

Also, anytime someone uses terms like Alpha or Beta, in a serious context, in reference to human beings, they immediately go on my Omega list and I shun them.
So-Hard-To-Be-Alpha.png

What's wrong Sad Banana? :)
I feel like my alphaness wasn't properly recognized.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think this whole "alpha male" thing is silly. It's not really a thing with our species. I think some people are pretending to be wolves or something. And there was only one alpha in the pack.

Mole

Permabanned
I think this whole "alpha male" thing is silly. It's not really a thing with our species. I think some people are pretending to be wolves or something. And there was only one alpha in the pack.

Well, my dear Green Fairy, my philosopher wood nymph, some like to pretend they are the Alpha Mole. And who can blame them? Can there be anything more arresting than Mole rampant, uttering his warcry, "A Mole! A Mole!", striking terror into the hearts of the Weasels and the Stoats?

You tell me!

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's 'alpha' to not be concerned with the matter of what is alpha or not.

Just be yourself.

/Cringe

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
So lets say there is some big shot alpha male acting all big and shit

Alphas don't act big and shit. They ARE big.

then there is someone who doesent care about the alpha male trying to be all alpha, but just finds it amusing, laughs at him

Being amused of and laughing at is caring.

(which will most likely piss off the alpha male and making him try to act bigger, which is just met with more amusement and looking down on the alpha male).

Alphas don't care about your opinions.

So which is the real alpha male?

Neither.

Alpha is someone others look up to and respect naturally as an authority.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's 'alpha' to not be concerned with the matter of what is alpha or not.

Just be yourself.

/Cringe

Fuh shizzle

Well, my dear Green Fairy, my philosopher wood nymph, some like to pretend they are the Alpha Mole. And who can blame them? Can there be anything more arresting than Mole rampant, uttering his warcry, "A Mole! A Mole!", striking terror into the hearts of the Weasels and the Stoats?

You tell me!

Oh what a scary thing an alpha Mole would be! ;)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Alphas don't act big and shit. They ARE big.

Being amused of and laughing at is caring.

Alphas don't care about your opinions.

Neither.

Alpha is someone others look up to and respect naturally as an authority.

Being something is acting accordingly to what you are supposed to be. Someone is big because of the way he acts(unless you are ofc talking purely on physical qualities, which this topic isnt about).

The reason why some weaker people look up to alphas is because of the alpha behavior and the people who take the more submissive attitude(instead of challenging the alpha) dont have the qualities needed to challenge the alpha, so instead they submit. If they were to challenge the alpha, then it would be a battle of the alpha position, and yes, there might be multiple people who could be considered as alpha males in a group, its just that only one gets the alpha position in the group.

Whether or not you care about an alphas attempts to act big is not relevant, what is relevant is whether or not you let the alpha to get an hold on you and whether or not you submit to the alpha.

If someone who is considered as the alpha of a group lets people shit on him and doesent care about that, he isnt really an alpha male of any sort.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
The reason why some weaker people look up to alphas is because of the alpha behavior and the people who take the more submissive attitude(instead of challenging the alpha) dont have the qualities needed to challenge the alpha, so instead they submit.

Allright, but in many cases it's not simply an act of social dominance. You may wish to complete a (group) task and someone will be a leader based on his specific area of competence.

Of course if two people in a given group have a similar level of competence but differing opinions on how to complete the given task, one of the two is either going to submit or create his own group of people who agree with him.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Allright, but in many cases it's not simply an act of social dominance. You may wish to complete a (group) task and someone will be a leader based on his specific area of competence.

Of course if two people in a given group have a similar level of competence but differing opinions on how to complete the given task, one of the two is either going to submit or create his own group of people who agree with him.

Displaying competence on what the group sees as important is a major aspect of this yes.

This isnt about a clash of opinions. Disagreeing on something with an alpha isnt a battle for the position of the alpha male in the group, therefore what you say about agreeing with alpha is not relevant on the example you gave. Its about whether you take the position of dominance/leader or submission/follower habitually inside the group.

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
^^^

This post seems particularly lucid to me. Not that there is anything wrong with wanting to prove yourself... But there is such a difference between the man who is living for fulfillment and treating his peers with dignity and respect versus the man who is living for status and treats his peers as less than equal.

Exactly what I meant. There is no Alpha Male for me. There are only men who live genuine life and those who don't.