• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can religious people be genuinely decent?

Lark

Aye, religious people arent decent.

Haters.

Look up the origins of hospitals and medicine why dont you.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I'm a Christian, and I like to think I'm a decent person. I really try to go out of my way to be kind to everyone. My faith is personal and I don't want to force it on others. If the topic comes up, I'll share about it, but it's not something I would shove down people's throats. :shrug:

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The people aren't always defined by their religion, though. I acknowledge that. It's the system of control I don't so much appreciate.

I believe there are people who become defined by their religion, absorbed in it and fanatical. Obviously. And yet there are also people who don't allow that and hold to a sense of individualism within it.

It's kind of like playing with matches when it comes to people and religion. Unpredictable.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course, just as much as anyone else. Everyone has a set of of standards and biases they hold themselves to, sometimes successfully and sometimes not, and everyone is a hypocrite in some regard or another whether or not they have an external set of laws they can be judged as having failed to live up to. The OP is silly and betrays a lack of awareness of the fundamental nature of morality and empathy, as well as the experience of ever being an authentic follower of one of these religions or being close to someone who has.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Assholes are assholes irregardless of religion. All religion does is give one additional are/subject to be an asshole about. Decent people would be decent with or without religion.