• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personal Ghost Story Experiences

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So tell either a directly experienced paranormal experience, or one of a close friend (like you believe they believe what happened). Doesn't have to be ghosts, anything paranormal.

There's this dilapidated house in Arkansas and it's all boarded up but you can get inside by lifting one of the boards in the back.

The story goes that in the 60s, a lady with a baby flipped out when the deadbeat dad ran off. She was a cosmetologist but couldn't afford the house. She either killed the baby and herself, or ran away. Either way, she basically disappeared.

This place is creepy as FUCK. it's in the middle of nowhere, on a dirt road, with like an old, tireless 1960s Buick rusting out front with grass 3 feet high around it (I'll try to find a google map pic).

And that's the outside.

Inside, it's like you go back in time to the 60s. All these piled up newspapers from the 60s, old Jesus pictures, old pots and pans, all this crap. Like nothing had been taken. There's freaking old photos of a graduating class of women from some cosmetology school, old clippers, scissors, and then........... there's the basement.

Downstairs, is this cold basement or cellar and there is a freaking old IRON BABY CARRIAGE with these huge iron wheels. This was around the time when I was like, "mommy!"

Sooo, creepy as hell, but I didn't really experience anything paranormal, HOWEVER, my friend tells his story of the same place (common attraction in Arkansas to the few that know it) during a five day backpacking trip in Wyoming, while sitting around a fire.

Same experience, EXCEPT, he was with one other guy (I was with 3 and a girl) and it was the middle of summer, like 85 degree nights. He sees some figure down the hall and claims that the air IMMEDIATELY went from 85 to like 40. Cold enough where he could see his breath. He said he and his friend both experienced this and immediately freaked out and left.

He tells the story with a passion where you know he's not lying.

I'm still not sure what to make of it.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Like most of these types of stories, mine straddles the fence between "paranormal experience" and "series of hallucinations."

One night I discovered that the type of food I had been eating for so long had taken on an unnatural taste, a taste like burnt wiring and poisonous chemicals. Whenever I put it in my mouth, I would spit it out almost automatically, as if by reflex. The air, moreover, was inexplicably filled with an unpleasant, toxic odor.

Distressed by all this, and feeling as though I were dying, I alerted my roommate, and we proceeded to have a long conversation over the course of which I grew increasingly uncomfortable. I won't say what we discussed.

Eventually, as I sat there before my roommate, I let my head hang off to the side and became extremely still. I didn't move for hours, and during that time, a couple of peculiar things happened. First of all, the seat on which my roommate was positioned gradually transformed into a black silhouette that little by little blotted him out. Occasionally his legs, sticking out of the black shadow, would jerk, giving me the impression of twitching roots. And then figures began to appear inside the black shadow, as if it were a window. They were humanoid things made of a soft yellow light. They had no eyes and large open mouths on their heads, which were deeply etched and shaped something like the fat roots of a vegetable.

After that had gone on for awhile and the figures and the shadow had disappeared, I got up and moved toward the chair in which my roommate was sitting extremely still. He gave no sign of life until I grabbed hold of him and began to move him around as if he were a machine. He gave no resistance or other sign that he was conscious; I moved him all over the place. Moreover, I found that, so long as I was in physical contact with him, his actions were strangely synchronized with mine, as if by quantum entanglement. I could stretch my right arm out and then turn it a certain way, and his left arm would do the same thing at the same time. And if I left him alone, he would stand as still and silent as a statue.

Eventually he came back to life--it was really as if the life had gone out of him and I had gradually got him working again by putting little impulses into his body--and he decided to order a pizza. As he sat there at the kitchen table, several feet away from where I sat in the living room, I saw a pair of naked legs that I recognized as my own; they were directly in front of him and sticking out around the corner, so that I could see nothing else of myself. They definitely did not belong to a third person, for there was no one besides us in the house. The legs moved on their own, and in retrospect, the situation somewhat mirrored my roommate's twitching legs sticking out of the shadow of his chair while nothing else of him could be seen. His head disappeared around the corner, his back bent, and I had the impression he was eating this other me. I think I even heard a sound like bones crunching. Later, I myself disappeared from his sight, around a corner, and he said, "I'm scared to see what's around that corner," which was both an inexplicable comment and one that was a peculiar echoing of my own position when I sat watching him in the kitchen.

The next morning I went outside. I began to walk down the open road toward an oncoming vehicle with a feeling like I was walking down a tunnel. Before the vehicle reached me, it seemed to vanish, and I found myself turning very quickly and without any effort to my left, where I saw a distant cat appear seemingly out of nowhere, emit a shriek, and move impossibly fast across the ground, the way that a movie will jerk forward, skipping several frames, if you're watching it on a computer that freezes for a moment.

After I arrived at the hospital, I sat in a room, facing the side of a computer at which a man sat typing. As I sat there, I saw the wires connected to the computer weaving themselves into intricate patterns. I also saw what looked like a lush, vivid video game, complete with sound, projected onto the side of the computer screen. The goal of the video game seemed to be to construct large structures out of parts that were falling out of the sky or otherwise located in the environment, and it was far more action-oriented than you would expect from that description.

I later found myself in a hospital room, which I shared with a girl whose face was like a vivid, ever-changing collage. As I sat there in the room, I found myself going down what seemed to be a pipe filled with water and ice cubes. As this was happening, the girl was blowing air at me with her mouth, as if to ensure I wouldn't drown.

Some time later, I found myself in a room very like my bedroom, on the bed of which was reclined a person who was me or someone who looked a lot like me, right down to the beanie I usually wear. He was looking right at me, and it seemed as if he could see me, but I couldn't move. It was as if I was seeing myself from my cat's point of view at an earlier time when she lay on my bed gazing at me with slightly opened eyes whilst paralyzed with sleep. That, of course, is unlikely to be the case, because the colors I saw were not, as I recall, entirely within a feline's visual range.

Alea_iacta_est

Cool thread idea.

My partial schizophrenic (term used loosely, of course) experience:

I was sleeping in a hotel room on vacation with several people and the room was incredibly dark, it was 1:30 AM or something like that.

I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't, I was sort of in a depressive state thinking about some very dark topics (isn't it amazing to be depressed on vacation?) and possibly painful truths when all of a sudden I realize things that had seemed normal in the dark hotel room had seemed to become different things.

For example, as I was laying facing the door to the hotel room, something to the side of it looked precisely like a man hanging from the ceiling, and it was fascinatingly motionless, it was the perfect shape, with a noose like shadow and everything (keep in mind it is extremely dark in this room). The chair that I remembered was situated closer to the door had suddenly become an indescribable blob, one that was scurrying, and every time I closed my eyes I swear it was approaching me more closely and beginning to loom over me sort of. Of course, realizing that I was probably hallucinating, I knew it wasn't real, but it still felt alien and strange. I could also hear a pulsating sound coming from outside, which I'm still not sure what was from, that was undulating with intensity.

After I finally fell asleep with the abysmally dark chair blob thing looming over me, I awoke to realize that the chair had actually been moved back to its original spot by one of the people in the room with me and that the blob was not the chair, but empty space. Same with the hanging man before, which I would have sworn was a lamp or something.

Didn't happen again for the rest of the nights I stayed there.

Can't wait to hear some fascinating stories by others.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool thread idea.

I was sleeping in a hotel room on vacation with several people and the room was incredibly dark, it was 1:30 AM or something like that.

I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't, I was sort of in a depressive state thinking about some very dark topics (isn't it amazing to be depressed on vacation?) and possibly painful truths when all of a sudden I realize things that had seemed normal in the dark hotel room had seemed to become different things.

For example, as I was laying facing the door to the hotel room, something to the side of it looked precisely like a man hanging from the ceiling, and it was fascinatingly motionless, it was the perfect shape, with a noose like shadow and everything (keep in mind it is extremely dark in this room). The chair that I remembered was situated closer to the door had suddenly become an indescribable blob, one that was scurrying, and every time I closed my eyes I swear it was approaching me more closely and beginning to loom over me sort of. Of course, realizing that I was probably hallucinating, I knew it wasn't real, but it still felt alien and strange. I could also hear a pulsating sound coming from outside, which I'm still not sure what was from, that was undulating with intensity.

After I finally fell asleep with the abysmally dark chair blob thing looming over me, I awoke to realize that the chair had actually been moved back to its original spot by one of the people in the room with me and that the blob was not the chair, but empty space. Same with the hanging man before, which I would have sworn was a lamp or something.

So you think you were like projecting your dark thoughts into hallucinations?

In magickal practices, there's something called scrying where you stare at a black painted mirror, or obsidian ball, or some semi-reflective surface with very minimal light, like a single candle that's at least 7 feet away. And you try to relax, get into a meditative state and just stare. Eventually your subconscious starts to project images. Sometimes it's on the medium, sometimes it's in your own head.

Alea_iacta_est

In magickal practices, there's something called scrying where you stare at a black painted mirror, or obsidian ball, or some semi-reflective surface with very minimal light, like a single candle that's at least 7 feet away. And you try to relax, get into a meditative state and just stare. Eventually your subconscious starts to project images. Sometimes it's on the medium, sometimes it's in your own head.

Primarily I think it was like my pattern-recognition going haywire, though it was empty space. Who knows?

G

Ginkgo

Can you explain why you spelled it "magickal"?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you explain why you spelled it "magickal"?

It's just the standard when talking about ceremonial magic or wiccan/occult magic. "Magic" has a LOT of connotations. "Magick" almost always refers to occult workings.

Mole

Permabanned
Holy Ghost Story

Mark 16 -

Just after sunrise on the day after the Sabbath two women, Mary Magdalene and "the other Mary", came to look at the tomb. Accompanied by an earthquake, an angel comes down from Heaven and rolls the rock aside from the tomb. The angel tells them not to be afraid, but to tell the disciples that Jesus is risen and will meet them in Galilee. The women are joyful and set out to tell the disciples the good news, but Jesus appears and tells them not to be afraid, and tells them that he is risen and that they should tell the disciples that they will see him in Galilee. The disciples go to Galilee, where they see Jesus.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mark 16 -

Just after sunrise on the day after the Sabbath two women, Mary Magdalene and "the other Mary", came to look at the tomb. Accompanied by an earthquake, an angel comes down from Heaven and rolls the rock aside from the tomb. The angel tells them not to be afraid, but to tell the disciples that Jesus is risen and will meet them in Galilee. The women are joyful and set out to tell the disciples the good news, but Jesus appears and tells them not to be afraid, and tells them that he is risen and that they should tell the disciples that they will see him in Galilee. The disciples go to Galilee, where they see Jesus.

Haha, that is a kinda creepy story.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Unexplained things that have happened in our house:

- My father's tape measure, the heavy metal ones you use to measure the house for carpentry and such, stayed on the the desk, unraveled entirely to the opposite wall where the tongue hit about 2-3 feet from my sister's head, then the whole thing fell from the desk top while trying to coil itself back up. About gave my father a heart attack.

- My youngest sister frequently insisted she kept talking to someone. It disturbed my mother dearly after a while, because my sister became frightened of the person she was talking to, and I ended up cleansing the room to alleviate her fears and online, of all things, we were told salt around the bed is a superstition to relieve younger kids from nightly spirit visits. We put salt around my sister's bed for about 3 months straight before my sister stopped seeing whatever she saw. I'm not at all sure the salt helped, but it definitely made her and my mother feel safer.. so I suppose in that way it does work.

- My father, when he was a little boy, thought he saw his mother in the hallway when he was sick, and when he called to her, she seemed to want to help him but couldn't speak. She sank into the floor when his mother heard him calling for her and walked into the hallway to see.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Cool thread idea.

Had experiences like that nightly as a child for a long time.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i stayed here as a kid with my sisters and my dad.
1.jpg

Eureka Springs, Arkansas ~ The 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa

just looked that up to find the picture and supposedly it's being called americas most haunted hotel haha

but i swear i saw a lil ghost girl when the elevator opened....and we saw someone looking down on us from our room window when we left...and the lobby was cold and totally eerie. not like all cold...but suddenly cold and accompanied by such thick creepiness that your heart sinks and you feel like you might pee yourself a lil.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i stayed here as a kid with my sisters and my dad.
1.jpg

Eureka Springs, Arkansas ~ The 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa

just looked that up to find the picture and supposedly it's being called americas most haunted hotel haha

but i swear i saw a lil ghost girl when the elevator opened....and we saw someone looking down on us from our room window when we left...and the lobby was cold and totally eerie. not like all cold...but suddenly cold and accompanied by such thick creepiness that your heart sinks and you feel like you might pee yourself a lil.

Oh yeah! I think everyone I know but me has been there and seen creepy shit. I can't recall what the back story is.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Mine are pretty boring.

I was driving home one night after finishing the late shift, so it was about midnight, and it was pouring rain, when i saw a hitchhiker walking along the side of the highway.

I remember clearly seeing a tall male figure with a hoody and smallish backpack. When i think back, it was odd, because he didn't look wet at all, and the rain was heavy enough that i had my wipers on the highest level.

Against the whole "don't pick up strangers thing" i decided i would pull over and give them a lift to the closest town, because, well, fucking torrential rain at midnight.

When i looked back in my rear view mirror to see the guy, there was no one there. It was a well lit area, with many lights as we had been passing a turn off. There was no where the person could have gone in the space of time it took for me to look back as there was no cover anywhere near. He simply wasn't there anymore.

I got a horrible cold shiver (it was summer and about 90F still, even with the rain) and felt really panicky, and pretty much drove off as fast as i could.

I'm still not 100% sure what happened, whether i imagined the person or not. but it kind of freaked me out.

*Also, i'm really weird about houses. I get feelings in them. for example, the house i live in currently is over 100 years old, but i feel perfectly comfortable in it. Nothing makes me panicky and i can walk around in it at night without turning on every light available. Not every place is like that though, and on entering a place i will either feel a warm comfortable feeling or this kind of creeping cold gross feeling, and it has nothing to do with the occupants.

Example:

When i was 18 my mum and step dad built a brand new home on an estate in the country, the home was build over a filled in dam, for all intents and purposes should have had no bad mojo.

i HATED that house, nothing would grow in the back yard, and it wasn't as if my parents didn't know how to grow things, they had been on a vineyard and organic orchard for the last 15 years, the last house we were in had the most amazing garden because mum is a great gardener. Yet, nothing, and i mean, NOTHING would grow in that godforsaken back yard, even with new soil and additives and all the knowhow of farming nothing. Not even weeds. It was barren.

Also, for the first time in her long, long, life our dog (who was about 11 at the time and a Rottweiler - so old for a Rotty) started to escape and run away from home. She had NEVER done this before. She would also cry/whimper at the entrance to the dining room and refused to go in there.

But the worst part for me, was my mum's sewing room. Even during the day it was cold in there, and it just felt wrong. Like something was waiting in there, it was a crawling sensation and i'd feel it even in the middle of the day. My bedroom door was diagonally opposite it, and normally i need to sleep with my door open, but in this house, i couldn't even stand to have it open a little. In the night there would be shuffling noises like footsteps when someone doesn't pick up their feet properly, and it wasn't the dog as her nails clicked on the tiled floor.

Anyway, i fucking hated that place. Nothing has EVER felt as bad to me as that house. I thought i was the only one who was affected by it, but i was talking with my brothers a month or so ago about how much that place freaked me out and they said that my step dad had seen a partial face staring in at him through the dining room window one night, but that there was no one around when he looked.

So yeah. fuck that fucking house.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One time during a birthday party we had a seance and asked for a sign. I was sitting on the couch with some other girls, watching everyone sitting in a circle.

Suddenly, the couch moved across the floor of its own accord--and this wasn't my imagination, because everyone screamed and jumped off.

I can't say for sure that the birthday girl's mom wasn't playing a joke on us, but the couch was against the wall, and the girl herself swore up and down that her mom can't so much as budge the furniture by herself. Regardless of what you believe, it was scary enough that we stopped playing and one of the guests got so upset she threw up.

Another time, and this is unconfirmed ghostageness, but my mother and I were driving in the hills and saw a low-flying World War II jet. I said, "That plane's awfully low", and then I turned to follow it, thinking it might be descending into a field somewhere. It disappeared into a low-lying cloud...and never re-appeared. Then we realized it had been flying silently. A ghost? The Wright Museum is about 50 miles away from that location, and they have reported haunted stacks and irregular phenomena with the aircraft. That's the only thing I can think--why the hell was there a silent jet from the 1940s flying over the hills? (It had 4 engines, it was not a crop duster).

- My father, when he was a little boy, thought he saw his mother in the hallway when he was sick, and when he called to her, she seemed to want to help him but couldn't speak. She sank into the floor when his mother heard him calling for her and walked into the hallway to see.
My stepfather's family had this experience once--the father took the boys on a camping trip one weekend, and the girls all stayed at home. They were dismayed to see one of the sons, Eric, run through the hall screaming that evening. When they went into the hall to see what had happened, there was no one there. Everyone swears--to this day--Eric was at the camp with them the whole time (nothing bad happened to him or anything). Just weirdness.

Apparently, this phenomenon is not uncommon amongst people of Nordic descent (which the family is, actually).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yeah! I think everyone I know but me has been there and seen creepy shit. I can't recall what the back story is.

i found out later that it used to be a childrens hospital or something and i swear the lil girl had on some type of gown that couldve been a plain nightgown or hospital gown.

Mole

Permabanned
Ghost stories are woven into Christianity from the very beginning with the worship of the Trinity consisting of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ghost stories are woven into Christianity from the very beginning with the worship of the Trinity consisting of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.

uuummm.......Yayy!!!