• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personal Ghost Story Experiences

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The strangest thing which ever happened to me was no illusion, but for sure pretty creepy.

I was walking around with this group at my university, and we ran into some friend of one of the girls in the group. I think he was in her lab, or something; at the time I thought so, anyway. He was pretty tall, a little bit taller than me, which annoyed me because I wasn't sure whether or not I might be just as tall, but it was too close to call. I don't know if it was because of that, but I started talking to him because I thought it was very important. Not mysterious, it was probably because I wanted to be smarter since I wasn't taller.

So, I started talking about something random, and then the group I was in wanted to direct us along some line of reasoning, but I derailed it and started talking philosophical nonsense to see what he would do. And he responded, and pretty soon started talking about virtual reality, which I thought was a philosophical idea.

After a bit, he explained it was real, after we had thrown around absurd stuff about virtual reality possibilities. So, I wanted to see it done.

We went back to his lab, and he let me use what I think is called an Oculus Rim. I was absolutely stunned by it, needless to say.

Then I went home after meeting his brother, working on his Ph.D. in Augmented Reality. And then they explained a lot of stuff to me, and then the brother tried to take a picture of us in 3D that could be modeled to create a hyper-realistic 3D sculpture.

So in conclusion, the really weird thing was after I got home. I was sitting in my armchair, and suddenly I realized that I could see to my left.

The reason this was weird was that I have no vision in the left field. After the experiences of that evening, I could see to my left. Not like on the right, because when I compared in front of the mirror, I only had about half as much as on the right. It was absolutely mind blowing.

The next day, things were still functioning. However, over the next week it slowly receded back to where it was before.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The strangest thing which ever happened to me was no illusion, but for sure pretty creepy.

I was walking around with this group at my university, and we ran into some friend of one of the girls in the group. I think he was in her lab, or something; at the time I thought so, anyway. He was pretty tall, a little bit taller than me, which annoyed me because I wasn't sure whether or not I might be just as tall, but it was too close to call. I don't know if it was because of that, but I started talking to him because I thought it was very important. Not mysterious, it was probably because I wanted to be smarter since I wasn't taller.

So, I started talking about something random, and then the group I was in wanted to direct us along some line of reasoning, but I derailed it and started talking philosophical nonsense to see what he would do. And he responded, and pretty soon started talking about virtual reality, which I thought was a philosophical idea.

After a bit, he explained it was real, after we had thrown around absurd stuff about virtual reality possibilities. So, I wanted to see it done.

We went back to his lab, and he let me use what I think is called an Oculus Rim. I was absolutely stunned by it, needless to say.

Then I went home after meeting his brother, working on his Ph.D. in Augmented Reality. And then they explained a lot of stuff to me, and then the brother tried to take a picture of us in 3D that could be modeled to create a hyper-realistic 3D sculpture.

So in conclusion, the really weird thing was after I got home. I was sitting in my armchair, and suddenly I realized that I could see to my left.

The reason this was weird was that I have no vision in the left field. After the experiences of that evening, I could see to my left. Not like on the right, because when I compared in front of the mirror, I only had about half as much as on the right. It was absolutely mind blowing.

The next day, things were still functioning. However, over the next week it slowly receded back to where it was before.

That would have been an Oculus Rift, I believe. There's probably some scientific reason for its effect on your vision that should be investigated.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That would have been an Oculus Rift, I believe. There's probably some scientific reason for its effect on your vision that should be investigated.

I don't know. I looked on google to see if anyone was researching it, and I found that in England, they are using VR to help fix lazy eye syndrome, which is a much less severe version of visual neglect. But only in children. I'm not a child, and my condition is far more severe (although since it was from birth, I adapted such that no one even notices unless I tell them; I'm even able to play sports by compensating actively) so I don't think that VR could be the explanation. I was very highly mentally active at the time; I've rarely felt so alive with my brain racing before I did the VR thing.

Basically, my whole right occipital lobe is shut down since birth. I always imagined the 'wiring' to have rotted away; in any event, it must be undeveloped.

But I don't want to bring this to the attention of science. Science will find it out in the end if it is real, and they wouldn't listen to me, anyway. It was a strange thing that happened under strange circumstances, and I don't think it is repeatable.

W

WhoCares

I've had lots of experiences but perhaps the more vivid one was an apartment I lived in, in Sydney. I was there for a year and surprisingly always felt comfortable in that apartment especially alone. But there was definately something there with me. When I would drift off the sleep in that time right before unconsciousness a man's voice could be heard. Like hearing only one side of a conversation. It seemed to talk to me and my answer would be just in my head but it would answer out loud. One evening as I drifted off the sleep I was sung too, a very beautiful male bardic voice in a language I have no conscious memory of but I intuitively recognised it when the singing started.

Objects moved on their own in that apartment and then one day while my partner was home things were a bit scary. We were both fully awake watching TV when suddenly my body temperature dropped dramatically. It was the middle of summer so yes very unusual to go ice cold. My partner touched my hand and felt how icy it was. Then something heavy in the air could be felt. I took a minute and sent it away but it only moved back a bit and lodged itself in front of the door to the apartment. I walked over there to confront it and although nothing could be seen I could feel it, like the air was thicker in that location or something. Then it left and did not return.

The next apartment I moved into had something in the shower. My cat would never allow to be in the bathroom alone, he would practically pull the door apart to get in if I ever tried to lock him out. He would insist to sit on top of the shower cubicle and stare into the shower. I still have this cat and he has never displayed this behaviour in any of the other homes we have lived in. I also felt weird about going to sleep and shutting the door on the bathroom. For no reason I always felt like the bathroom door must be open whenever I slept, as if bad things would happen if I didnt.

I get a sense feeling about every home I live in, as if the building itself calls me to live there. I got this same sense with my current home, an 1880's cottage. When I visited it I intuitivey knew this was 'the one' but I resisted that call, went looking elsewhere. The house it pretty and I love it and that feeling was right it is perfect for me but for whatever reason I kept trying to find somewhere different. Well after a month of being rejected for other places and having the arrangements fall through at the 11th hour, you giessed it, my current home was still empty and I moved into it anyway. I have never had the experience of choosing my own home, rather being chosen by houses is what happens. I have yet to experience anything in this house but the. i havent been there very long either. I guess I'll find out later why I am there and not elsewhere. :shrug:

W

WhoCares

Oh! i figot a recent experience with bilocation\alternate realities. Again in that twilight zone right before unconsciouness, when you start to dream but are not yet fully asleep so you know you are dreaming. I was staying a relatives house and in the drifttime kept fighting the desire to go to sleep because I had conscious awareness that I had shifted into an alternate reality. Everything looked the same but I had this physical sensation that I had just 'slid' sideways and was now in the wrong apartment. The sensation as like knowing two identical apartments exist, one in this space and one in another dimension and that somehow I had skipped between the two. I couldn't allow myself to sleep because that would cause something to go wrong.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I was in bed and just about dozing off when I heard this ruffle coming from under my bed. It sounded like something was quietly ruffling tissue paper. So I leaned over the side of my bed and took a peek under it and just then the noise stopped. I went to pull myself back into bed and I heard it again and before I could lean the side again to look, a mouse scurried across the room, scaring the crap out of me. I sighed and leaned back onto my pillow and then I heard this really loud ruffle again so i started to get freaked out and I grabbed my pillow and blanket and headed to the couch to sleep. I was lying there maybe twenty minutes and I heard this scratching sound from under the couch. I started getting goosebumps all over my arms, but the sound didn't stop until a couple minutes later. I had to pee really bad, so I waited a few minutes and then hurried off to the bathroom. After I went pee I went to go wash my hands and I saw something behind me in the mirror. It was some shadowy shape that just stood there. I ran like hell out of the bathroom and turned on all my lights and watched TV until the sun came up the next day.The strangest thing of all was that this never happened to me at all. People have all of these cool ghost stories and I've never seen or heard one. I feel so deprived. I guess that's why I don't believe in ghosts. I have to see it to believe it, you know? Although, one time I swore to God that someone open palmed my forehead one night while I was sleeping and it scared the crap out of me. My girlfriend sat up, "What, what what?!" I said, "Something just hit me in the head." She told me that was probably the little kid ghost that she felt has been living in our place. How do you sleep at night after someone tells you that, honestly?

W

WhoCares

I love this thread. Especially the story about the new home built on a filled in pond. That is Steven King worthy. Going off to google that hotel. Love stories like that.