• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you fear the end?

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course it is. If you're in a desert, and you need to find sources of water, you're ggoing to have to use sensory information.

That's one scenario where it's pretty damn significant.

When one asks for the meaning of something, one asks for that which makes something possible.

And temporality (to have a beginning and an end) makes Being possible.

Sensory information dwells in the realm of facts, and thus, is insignificant, and thus, is not meaningful.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok, breathing from an oxygen tank because of emphysema is not meaningful.

I used to think it was, but then Heidegger cconvinced me otherwise.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sensory information dwells in the realm of facts, and is thus, insignificant, and thus, is not meaningful.

speak for yourself

I'd rather die than live a life with no more sensory input

I am very aware that humans are just another animal, and like all animals I am attached to the earth and the things it offers and the wonders it contains. no lying to myself that I'm superior :newwink:

á´…eparted

passages
speak for yourself

I'd rather die than live a life with no more sensory input

I am very aware that humans are just another animal, and like all animals I am attached to the earth and the things it offers and the wonders it contains. no lying to myself that I'm superior :newwink:

Preach! I am totally the same. Give me all the sensations!

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, breathing from an oxygen tank because of emphysema is not meaningful.

I used to think it was, but then Heidegger cconvinced me otherwise.

The ways in which we exist are meaningful, so having to breath from an oxygen tank because of emphysema is meaningful.

Sensory data, is just that, data, and is not meaningful in and of itself.

á´…eparted

passages
The ways in which we exist are meaningful, so having to breath from an oxygen tank because of emphysema is meaningful.

Sensory data, is just that, data, and is not meaningful in and of itself.

It's worth repeating.

YOU do NOT decide what is meaningful or not. The individual gets to decide what is meaningful to them.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's worth repeating.

YOU do NOT decide what is meaningful or not. The individual gets to decide what is meaningful to them.

YES! :yes:

also, I don't need to lie to myself about my level of sophistication and importance in order to live... but hey, it's your life that you've got to get through :shrug:

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's worth repeating.

YOU are NOT understanding me. Why don't you read my posts harder? (Oh wait, you're ignoring me, right?).

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ummm what?

Edit: Nevermind, I get it.

dammit... I was pretty sure you had me on ignore

and I was happy

now I shall go and roll in some sensory pleasures to make up for that

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You have made a golden calf out of your intuition. Intuition is just a tool, nothing more, nothing less, and there are no answers hidden within your "intuition" for you or for anyone else. Meaning lies in both facts and ideas pertinent to the self (and to others!) regardless of the method of their discovery, not in the mechanism itself. What you are unknowingly prescribing is a form of solipsism, which is made even more evident by your tone when others disagree.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah only because I always know I can be doing better. And I want to end on my best. Also I'm just so in love with this life here on earth that I'm not immediately keen on leaving it behind.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
dammit... I was pretty sure you had me on ignore

and I was happy

now I shall go and roll in some sensory pleasures to make up for that

Oh, I thought you meant that I was "ignoring" sensors or something like that.

I don't have you on ignore. In fact, I think you are on my friend list.

á´…eparted

passages
YOU are NOT understanding me. Why don't you read my posts harder? (Oh wait, you're ignoring me, right?).

Your attempts to poke/annoy/insult don't work on me. Feel free to keep trying though.

I don't take well to seeing others get bothered (in particular if I value them), and I will speak up and help push back if I see that happening.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, I thought you meant that I was "ignoring" sensors or something like that.

I don't have you on ignore. In fact, I think you are on my friend list.

definitely ignoring the delightful joys of Se, which is glorious

and I thought I'd finally gotten on someone's ignore list for the first time in almost 8 years and was feeling accomplished!

this is like when I had to send myself to in school suspension because no teacher would do so :sadbanana:

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
definitely ignoring the delightful joys of Se, which is glorious

and I thought I'd finally gotten on someone's ignore list for the first time in almost 8 years and was feeling accomplished!

this is like when I had to send myself to in school suspension because no teacher would do so :sadbanana:

[MENTION=21883]sunyata[/MENTION] once said that Se is Godliness and in a sense he is right.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=21883]sunyata[/MENTION] told me that Se is godliness and in a sense he is right.

everything is when used with a sense of joy

and everything has an innocence to it if used that way as well

like the old saying goes... everything that cures in one dose poisons in another, and vice versa