• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Religious\Spiritual Beliefs

Your belief?

• Christianity

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Judaism

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Islam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Agnosticism

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Atheism

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Unitarian-Universalism

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Paganism\Wiccanism

• Shamanism

• Satanism

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
christianity. but i try to keep it as spiritual and un-religious as i can.

L

LadyLazarus

Christianity, it is the religion I grew up with, I agree with it and what it stands for, so I will continue to hold it as my religion later in life. The only thing I wish to change is my participation in religion customs as in reading the Bible daily and going to church a lot more often.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I wouldn't call myself Christian per se, but I don't think I can ever completely divorce myself from its influence. I constantly read "Bible Stories" when I was little, I went to Sunday school, I did my first communion. The Christian morality and its worldview has really shaped my own. My mom really instilled that Catholic Guilt thing in me. :D

I never quite bought the whole thing, however. Even at 7, when I was still going to church regularly, I remember feeling guilty, because I didn't feel any profound relationship with Jesus, and was a bit puzzled by the obvious factual problems with the Old Testament. I wish they had told me that a lot of the stories are more like fairy tales with morals, I could have understood that better. Looking back at my first communion pictures, I can recognize the dead-eyed smile that I remember putting up for all the excited adults to see. I felt nothing, but all the adults around me seemed to think it was true and important, so I assumed there was something wrong with me. It was one of the earliest moments I can recall, of deeply feeling a mental split between my private beliefs and my parent's.

I went through a strong atheistic period (ages 12-18), where I worshipped math and science, and ridiculed spirituality and "feelings". I was reading Nietzsche, Camus, Dawkins, and I acted like a caricature of an NT. I was very bitter, arrogant, and cynical. This period coincided with me befriending an INTP 5w6, ISTJ 6w5, and an ENTP 7w8, so I think that partly, I was just trying to fit in. When I graduated and got away from those guys, my atheism slowly dissolved into an undefined, uncertain sort of spirituality. I flirted with Taoism and Buddhism for a while (Jung sort of nudged me in that direction), then tried to return to Christianity by reading C.S. Lewis and G.K. Chesterton, but couldn't quite get there.

I am currently in the midst of a very big spiritual transformation, but it's too early to say how it's going to turn out.

Long story short, I'm not quite sure what I believe yet, but I do believe there is some sort of grand intelligence/order to the universe. I do not subscribe to the notion that all meaning in the universe is just a human projection onto a soulless void.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm agnostic. I acknowledge that what I know about the universe is practically nothing compared to what I don't know, and that I can only speculate about its ultimate nature. I was an existentialist atheist for a while, and that's still my "default" way of thinking, but I now have less certainty about it and can entertain the possibility of the existence of a higher power (not a personal god in my opinion, but some kind of force that we don't understand), or an ultimate Mind like in Buddhism. I definitely don't believe in heaven and hell, or in any form of individual afterlife. I think that our personalities and memories cease to exist when our brains die, but there could be some underlying essence/pure Consciousness that transcends the physical.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Atheist. My parents raised me free of religious or spiritual ideas, I think I was about eight or nine when I first heard about the concept of 'God'. Now there's still no space for a deity in my world view, just don't know where I'd put him or what role to give him.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Atheist.

Grew up and live in the most secular country in the world. Religion has close to zero influence on society here. Even christian people's faith has become something personal and subject to personal interpretation rather than something communal, and organized religion is slowly heading towards inevitable dissolution. Haven't come across evidence for a higher power or supernatural beings either. So it's a no brainer for me.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Agnostic, with a life approach incorporating aspects of Christianity + Zen.

I grew up in conservative Christianity (various Protestant forms + non-denom and eventually evangelical). Once I had access to more information and more data (archaeological, scientific, textual criticisms, etc.) all started coming out, I ended up shifting my views of the evidence and this changed what I thought to be more probable. Finally left the church (and any positions of leadership I had) in my late 30's.

I still talk to God sometimes, but I don't know whether there is such a being. I'm very conscious of why I think something is right or wrong or what I choose to do in life. I've had to develop my own sense of values and choose to do them because I believe in them personally, not because I'm instructed to follow them, although I still fluctuate as I work through this long process of change.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted Judaism but I'm really an agnostic. I feel like most Jews are anyway :shrug:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Agnostic and Christian.

Was raised Pentecostal (very fruit-loopy Evangelical). I don't think it's possible to really know stuff about God and the universe, but I still loosely hold the beliefs I was raised with. Just I'm a socially and fiscally liberal, pro gay marriage feminist and I have serious reservations about the concept of hell.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Shaman sounds about right. I alter my mental states to interact with spiritual energies, such as archetypes, personified concepts, zeitgeists, platonic ideals, bureaucratic mazes and IT systems.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Raised as a Hindu, but more spiritual than religious. I don't mind trying things from other religions, either. :)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Paganism\Wiccanism (as a best-fit among the options Presented)

I'm actually a Hermetic Nietzsche follower.

My Worldview is All about making fantasy truth, or pure ideals being where Everything can spring into the growing pool of promise (beauty trumps what the Devil Wishes for You).
Bunny says: Never let Satan tell You that RaptorWizard is a Ti-dominant type or an NiFe type period! This is because Nietzsche was Never called an ISTP like Zarathustra is ISFP.