• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Have you ever had a near death experience?

have you ever been dead?

• Total voters

Avalon

MBTI Type
INTP
You mentioned that demons could destroy your body. What would happen if your body got destroyed? Would you just be dead forever in the literal sense, and it would be like going to sleep forever?

Death here, result in the death of your body, but I don't know if it's possible to die again if your already a disembodied spirit.

Qre:us

Quite often in my dreams. Nightmares?

Falling off the ledge is 'run off the cliff' stuff. But, I have a special one, where a giant is chasing me around my house, with gigantic pillows, crushing my roof and walls as he chases me. Trying to catch me so that he can squish and suffocate me. INTJ's theory is that my brain is trying to tell me to change my sleeping position, because I've stuffed my face into my pillow while sleeping. There's pictures taken for evidence, to circumvent debate about this point.:dry:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Yeah, that's true; the inconsistency is probably what makes people more skeptical of near-death/out-of-body experiences altogether.

I believe there is life after death... in the form of reincarnation. As long as we have karma, we will continue to undergo this cycle of life and death.

Well I believe it's heaven and hell, but I would go for either one. Again, I don't just want to be dead after I die, and it be like going to sleep forever.

Death here, result in the death of your body, but I don't know if it's possible to die again if your already a disembodied spirit.

So what? If you **died again** there, then you would just be like a floating spirit?

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I believe it's heaven and hell, but I would go for either one. Again, I don't just want to be dead after I die, and it be like going to sleep forever.

Yeah, I agree with you on this point. Death has always frightened me. :cry:

Avalon

MBTI Type
INTP

So what? If you **died again** there, then you would just be like a floating spirit?

All I know is that getting lost or getting severely "injured" by something results in bodily death somehow. Somehow these things seem to sever the link to ones body. I'm not sure how that place works exactly.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
All I know is that getting lost or getting severely "injured" by something results in bodily death somehow. Somehow these things seem to sever the link to ones body. I'm not sure how that place works exactly.

Well it's a great story to say the least. Do you now believe in an afterlife?

Holy

until you're fully grown
MBTI Type
PURE
I was in a coma for 5 days last year. I was an undiagnosed diabetic and had started to feel very ill about a month prior. I'd been to see doctors but none of them ever found anything wrong with me. The hours leading up to it were quite terrifying. It's something I hope won't have to happen again. I don't remember any sparks, pearly gates or any other visuals while I was out whatsoever ; just darkness. No one expected me to wake up. My glucose levels were over 1400.

I've had other brushes with death, but this one was probably the most extreme.
The body is an amazing thing and mine has always known how to take a good beating.

I imagine that being dead would be unbearably boring if you were aware of it.

Avalon

MBTI Type
INTP
Well it's a great story to say the least. Do you now believe in an afterlife?

Indeed, there is an afterlife. A lot of people don't believe it, but its true. I've debated with people over its existence for along time, and now I've realized one thing, there is no point trying to substantiate my claims or others like mine, for every human will die, they will experience this dimension in one form or the other.

Jaguar

I was in a coma for 5 days last year. I was an undiagnosed diabetic and had started to feel very ill about a month prior. I'd been to see doctors but none of them ever found anything wrong with me. The hours leading up to it were quite terrifying. It's something I hope won't have to happen again. I don't remember any sparks, pearly gates or any other visuals while I was out whatsoever ; just darkness. No one expected me to wake up. My glucose levels were over 1400.

I nearly fell out of my chair reading this. 1400? That you are alive is amazing. I had to diagnose my mother's Diabetes since the doctors were ignoring all the signs. She wasn't anywhere near 1400, but her signs and symptoms coupled with her BG of 384 clinched it for me. I sent her to the ER to get some insulin and they checked her into the hospital for 3 days to get stabilized. When it comes to Diabetes, how the medical establishment operates is the equivalent of waiting until someone hits Stage 4 Cancer before informing the patient. The process of diagnosing Diabetes needs a complete overhaul.

How are you doing, now?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I was in a bad jet ski accident in 2006 or '07. There were two jet skis one right behind the other (back about 30 feet). We we going 60mph and I fell off the one in front. I hit the water then the jet ski behind hit me. I ended up with a dislocated shoulder and had brain swelling. We didn't find out about the brain swelling until I had a CAT scan the next day at the hospital.

I was having a summer fraternity party at my parents house when this happened. After I got hit, I managed to get back up on my jet ski one armed, but I was really tired for some reason. Got back to the house, and they had to keep me from falling asleep for a while (so that I didn't go into a coma). Then I perked up and drank yager until my shoulder stopped hurting.

That's about as close as Ive gotten.

Holy

until you're fully grown
MBTI Type
PURE
I nearly fell out of my chair reading this. 1400? That you are alive is amazing. I had to diagnose my mother's Diabetes since the doctors were ignoring all the signs. She wasn't anywhere near 1400, but her signs and symptoms coupled with her BG of 384 clinched it for me. I sent her to the ER to get some insulin and they checked her into the hospital for 3 days to get stabilized. When it comes to Diabetes, how the medical establishment operates is the equivalent of waiting until someone hits Stage 4 Cancer before informing the patient. The process of diagnosing Diabetes needs a complete overhaul.

How are you doing, now?

Yes, I wonder about it a lot myself. I have a lot of qualms with the medical industry as a whole. I've had to deal with them since I was small and I feel like the older I get the more aggressively I have to advocate for myself, otherwise I'd be lucky to see another day. I'm glad that you took the same route and I hope your mother is doing better now.

It's a day by day thing. Some are better than others. I'm in the process of recovering from a burnout phase. I have a team to help, so to speak, but as usual, no matter how many things seem to pile on, the more it becomes apparent that I'm really all that I've got. Usually this is a source of comfort, lately though, these kinds of thoughts seem crushingly exhausting. (✖╭╮✖)