• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do we exist?

Nicodemus

See that makes no sense to me.
That is why I gave you those links. All you can do is take in the information. If that does not solve it for you, then that is how it is. But we cannot invent new truths just because the current ones are mind-boggling. They really are, though. No question about that.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
stuff(called virtual particles) do come out of nothing all the time everywhere, but they also disappear(as the debt needs to be paid back). One theory is that big bang was created from a virtual particle. But there is some physics involved that we dont know yet.

Here is something for you to ponder on. You have zero, that zero is equal to -1 +1. Now you cant know where this negative number went, maybe its all that dark matter/energy thats all over, maybe there is some alternative reality that is made out of negative energy, maybe the pay day is coming somewhere in the future(universe expanding and collapsing over and over again is also one theory that has even been suggested by hindus ages ago and now has been taken more seriously by theoretical physics community aswell).

what's the one theory?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
That is why I gave you those links. All you can do is take in the information. If that does not solve it for you, then that is how it is. But we cannot invent new truths just because the current ones are mind-boggling. They really are, though. No question about that.

I accept this.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
As far as we know: Nothing, as in 'not even nothing', because there is no 'before'. Time itself began with the big bang.

Not true, science is leaning towards the theory that only our universe arose from the big bang. There can be billions of other universes with completely different laws of physics.

Nicodemus

Not true, science is leaning towards the theory that only our universe arose from the big bang. There can be billions of other universes with completely different laws of physics.
How does that make my statement 'not true'?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
why do humans look like humans and not fish?

How come over years of evolution we manage to look the way we do with a brain and a spinal column? Why does oxygen combine with hydrogen and not neon? Why is the human body comprised of millions of atoms which form millions of cells which form our tissues which make humans which make a species which make cities which illuminate the earth at night like mold on an orange?

Who knows. The bible said god created man in his image from the dust in the earth. So Thats what Ive chosen to believe. Atoms have a similar structure to solar systems so its possible the universe is one big fractal.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I said: 'As far as we know', which is true. We could all be just part of your imagination.

And some questions are meaningless.

Who is "we?" you? you're statement is false, all science knows is that our universe with our own laws of physics began with the big bang, not "time" itself. Time could of existed in another universe with completely different laws of physics elsewhere. Science has no evidence of when time itself began.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When you really think about it, no theory about how time and everything began really makes sense. Why not accept this and stop wasting time speculating? People could spend all that time doing something useful.

W

WALMART

When you really think about it, no theory about how time and everything began really makes sense. Why not accept this and stop wasting time speculating? People could spend all that time doing something useful.

It would be fair to say that unraveling existence provides awesome utility for mankind.

I would go so far as to say the only truly useful mental proclivity one could have is pondering existence.

Nicodemus

Who is "we?" you? you're statement is false, all science knows is that our universe with our own laws of physics began with the big bang, not "time" itself. Time could of existed in another universe with completely different laws of physics elsewhere. Science has no evidence of when time itself began.
By 'we' I mean that part of educated humanity who believes Stephen Hawking rather than the Bible. Just out of curiosity, what do you think it means to exist?