• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do we exist?

Nicodemus

What are you talking about? Stephen Hawking leans toward the notion of the pre-big bang aka "M" theory. That we live in a multiverse not a universe.

I think therefore I am.
He also believes that time, in our universe, began with the big bang. In that sense, there is no 'before'. To exist means to somehow be part of that universe. If there are other universes, they are differently, they could be said not to 'exist'.

*rolls eyes*
:smooch:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Well If you believe we spawned out of dust then you're not doing it right.

No but we spawned from molecules from the earth's carbon cycle.

The bible isnt going to say,

"AND HENCEFORTH GOD COMBINED CARBON WITH OXYGEN AND HYDROGEN TO FORM FLESH"

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I dont believe humanity spawned from 2 humans in a petrie dish with one of them eating an apple when told not to and then suddenly the universe exploded into sin lol

though that would be interesting to consider...

Nicodemus

:doh: thanks for proving my point.
If that proves your point, there is no disagreement. I suspect we simply have different definitions of 'true' and 'exist'. But, if Cartesian self-awareness truly is your idea of existence, I think you should have a hard time claiming even as much as you already have.

This is also false because our understanding of how our own universe works, is proven by other universes.
That does falsify my statement. Many a thing is proven mathematically, and math is entirely made-up.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
If that proves your point, there is no disagreement. I suspect we simply have different definitions of 'true' and 'exist'. But, if Cartesian self-awareness truly is your idea of existence, I think you should have a hard time claiming even as much as you already have.

No you're just contradicting yourself. Cartesian self-awareness is the fundamental basis of awareness, because without our minds we would not even have the ability to contemplate our universe.

Nicodemus

No you're just contradicting yourself.
Certainly not. I am just more aware of the meaning behind my words.

Cartesian self-awareness is the fundamental basis of awareness, because without our minds we would not even have the universe to contemplate.
That does not make it the basis of existence, though. Do you think the forest would vanish if nobody saw it?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if you want to get extremely technical I believe we evolved from an amoeba.

W

WALMART

I'm not going to get into some metaphorical bible argument. We didn't spawn from dust, period.

The_life_of_Sun-like_stars.jpg

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm not going to get into some metaphorical bible argument. We didn't spawn from dust, period.

In the eyes of a timeless god I dont see why we didnt.

Ive always interpreted it as being like a montage.

But ok. If you only view the bible through the lense of Te then you will continue to be atheist.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
if you want to get extremely technical I believe we evolved from an amoeba.

Yes and where did amoebas come from?

Quick lesson to those who dont know. Long Long ago the earth was extremely oxygen rich and there were also lots of thunder storms and shit and somewhere in all of that nucleotides formed which magically tetrissed together to form DNA and then this "dust" started moving.

Fast forward a few years and human perception was born.