• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your beliefs?

inventor

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
I decided to actually try to answer this question for realz.

I was raised to be a cultish Fundamentalist Christian, and I believed it all, very seriously. For most of you who don't really understand the nuances of Christian theology, my particular branch had some beliefs that set them at odds with the rest of Christendom. They did not believe in H-E-Double HockeySticks, they instead believed sinners would be destroyed in a firey pit and would experience nothing beyond death. They only believed that a select few of the good would go to Heaven, the rest would be resurrected in their physical bodies and live in a Paradise on Earth. They did not believe in the Trinity, they did not believe that Jesus was God, they believed that Jesus was just a man, but a perfect man.

I think we grew up in the same religion lol

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I believe in..well, for a lack of a better term - Nature

It's more of an agnostic belief, I suppose, with Mother Nature being the personification of that belief.

Essentially, I experience the universe is 'alive'. It has a similar feel and energy, just infinitely greater, to any living being I've come across. For now, we don't really deal much with the universe in and of itself, and we spend most of our lives on Earth. To me, Earth is a living organism, just like the universe, just like you and me. And she is a mother to us all. We're like fleas on her back, I suppose. She is our life force, our home, our beginning and our end. Some would call that a Goddess, I guess. That to me, is their perspective and not a wrong one considering our position wrt to hers.

It's funny that Babylon 5 captured and articulated some of the beliefs that resonated with me. Delenn talks more than once about us being 'The universe made manifest'. I could see that being true - that we *are* the universe, a living being, that has split itself into multiple pieces in an attempt to learn all there is about itself. As she so poetically put it: 'We are star stuff.' We all possess that same 'living energy' that makes us connected, and powers this universe. That is at least how I experience spirituality - through feeling that connection, that energy not just in me, but in everything living around me. Interestingly, it is less or even not at all present in man made-objects ime, than things that are created in nature.

Considering energy never gets destroyed, just transformed (according to the laws of physics), one could argue that we are in fact, immortal. And that is an intriguing thought - to have mortality be a transformation to another state has been the basis of many a religion. There is something soothing and meaningful about that, really.

JustAMind

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
?
No explosion took place, rather time and space started expanding.

In an explosion, time and space remain constant while the contents of time and space are blown apart by force.

So there was no explosion, there was and is an expansion of the fabric of time and space.

you got me :blush:

Mole

Permabanned
you got me :blush:

And it gets worse.

The expansion of time and space is accelerating non-stop.

And if it seems it couldn't get worse, it does, for time and space can expand at faster than the speed of light.

JustAMind

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
?
Well good that you called me out on that one, seems I have some reading to do.
I have some knowledge but it feels too superficial would be cool to know more especially when it comes down to physics behind it, because I more ignorant on it than I would wish.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ex jw hangout I suppose.

Nah, 3 on the forums. 1 at a bar and 1 at a party. The girl at the bar is a bi party girl, and the guy at the party has 'Agape' tattooed across the back of his neck. They all have that wholesome JW feel to them anyway. It's strange.

inventor

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
Nah, 3 on the forums. 1 at a bar and 1 at a party. The girl at the bar is a bi party girl, and the guy at the party has 'Agape' tattooed across the back of his neck. They all have that wholesome JW feel to them anyway. It's strange.

Lol

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Christianity is a direct path toward escaping the cycle of reincarnation that so many other religions teach and the bible does not actually discredit. Jesus is a symbol of love, and love is something we constantly must strive toward attaining but often forget. Hell is a place on earth that is only a matter of perception. Rescuing others from "hell" and showing them the light of god is to empathize with them and teach them how to SEE the world differently so that they can learn to solve their own problems.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Also I'm a firm believer that mosts churches teach us to worship santa claus. (Be a good boy and you get good presents).