• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The GOD Thread~

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'll have to pay more attention; I wasn't paying attention. I'm from Texas! :D

I just read this page and it's pretty clear to me that this explains everything. It seems as though you're trying to be 'ironic' with this comment...but it really hits the nail on the head.

LonestarCowgirl

I just read this page and it's pretty clear to me that this explains everything. It seems as though you're trying to be 'ironic' with this comment...but it really hits the nail on the head.
I'm being myself: beautiful and worthless. And that's okay because I love me and God loves me. God bless you.

Qre:us

Yes. I feel emotional like I'm about to cry, so I can't explain now. I have to find the exit. Good night.

This seems like an abusive and unhealthy relationship, and I'm reading it as if a script from a domestic abuse scenario. "You're worthless, but look, look how I continue to love you even if you're not worth loving!"

Sends chills down my spine, and actually does make me sad for you. I genuinely mean that. I hope you see yourself as more than that.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
God demands obedience. He always love, but He demands obedience.

He especially has no tolerance for presumptuous sin, meaning sin that someone consciously commits, even while knowing it is wrong.

God will not interact much with presumptuous sinners because they are so far removed from listening to Him, that He knows there is no point. He will still try to catch their attention maybe, and draw them in, to Him, but if they keep turning a deaf ear to Him, He will respect that, and leave them alone, as they wish.

However, He always loves and He always listens. Our task is to humble ourselves. This soften us. It is only when we are softened that we can have the humility to submit to our Lord and Master, Yahweh ALHYM. And then (ironically for some), this is when your life will explode with happiness and peace.

LonestarCowgirl

This seems like an abusive and unhealthy relationship, and I'm reading it as if a script from a domestic abuse scenario. "
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] and Qre:us: Y'all hurt me. I've been abused my whole life, but I'm not a victim, nor do I want to make you victims. From the moment I entered this thread, I felt God's love and compassion for you. I know you're hurting, but I am not someone that bullied you in the past. I am a true friend who loves you as well as the missionaries and the people on this forum that bully you (and me) and that you may deeply dislike. You may have seen me defend them in another thread and maybe that was offensive to you; as a result, you have it out for me. Please understand, I had pure intentions of helping them become kinder, gentler, well adjusted people, which ultimately helps you (in the long run). Bullies typically hurt people because they themselves are hurting and have fears of losing control. I've learned in life that it's the people who don't deserve love that usually need love the most. The best defense is to love them. I know loving the people that try to make themselves your enemy is not the natural response, but doing it anyway and seeing the positive transformation in them is a good feeling.

Sends chills down my spine, and actually does make me sad for you. I genuinely mean that. I hope you see yourself as more than that.
I forgive you completely. It never happened.

á´…eparted

passages
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] and Qre:us: Y'all hurt me. I've been abused my whole life, but I'm not a victim, nor do I want to make you victims. From the moment I entered this thread, I felt God's love and compassion for you. I know you're hurting, but I am not someone that bullied you in the past. I am a true friend who loves you as well as the missionaries and the people on this forum that bully you (and me) and that you may deeply dislike. You may have seen me defend them in another thread and maybe that was offensive to you; as a result, you have it out for me. Please understand, I had pure intentions of helping them become kinder, gentler, well adjusted people, which ultimately helps you (in the long run). Bullies typically hurt people because they themselves are hurting and have fears of losing control. I've learned in life that it's the people who don't deserve love that usually need love the most. The best defense is to love them. I know loving the people that try to make themselves your enemy is not the natural response, but doing it anyway and seeing the positive transformation in them is a good feeling.

I forgive you completely. It never happened.

You forgive me? LMAO. That's quaint.

Sorry, but I don't care. I stand by every word I said. I also don't want your love or sympathy. Intention doesn't matter here.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who cares if a missionary approaches you? Or a street preacher? I'm an atheist, but a reasonable one, and an argumentative one when it comes to this stuff, if they want to push themselves on me, they can go ahead. They just bloody well expect a debate about what they believe in, and how it is, if at all, reasonable.

Dances With Words is on the prowl. Watch yo step.

LonestarCowgirl

You forgive me? LMAO. That's quaint.

Sorry, but I don't care. I stand by every word I said. I also don't want your love or sympathy. Intention doesn't matter here.

I feel that intensely; ouch. Is there no doing right by you or making you feel understood? How about something warm to warm you up like hot cocoa or hot blackberry cobbler?

LonestarCowgirl

I enjoy a friendly debate with the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses that stop by. I invite them in for tea. I give them a hard time. I crack jokes. We laugh. There's no harm in that.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dances With Words is on the prowl. Watch yo step.
Haha BadOctopus said something about being too nice to be an INTJ... Well, she hasn't seen me in a debate about religious, politics or philosophy yet ;) And yes, always prowlin' XD

á´…eparted

passages
I feel that intensely; ouch. Is there no doing right by you or making you feel understood? How about something warm to warm you up like hot cocoa or hot blackberry cobbler?

Look, we're extremely different. You're values and mine are incompatible. Further, by my nature I am very "us versus them" and do not associate or take well to individuals that I see as problematic or harmful to the world. Your constant desire to "make amends" just pushes me further. Anyone that does that to me gets that sort of response. I don't see you as reasonable or fair with your views. It's also quite clear that you do not have the capacity to be critical with them either and because of it is impossible to really have any sort of meaningful discussion or find a sort of middle ground.

I believe you recognize that as well, and respond by saying "ok, we'll ignore the issues and just be nice". I don't work like that. While it might actually be genuine and coming from the heart for you, it doesn't seem like that for me, and as such I will respond very poorly to it.

At the very least, I hope you'll understand that excessive or vapid kindness/love is not always appreciated by people. Sometimes, it can go so far as to make it worse.

á´…eparted

passages
I enjoy a friendly debate with the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses that stop by. I invite them in for tea. I give them a hard time. I crack jokes. We laugh. There's no harm in that.

See, I don't do this sort of shit (sorry for such a strong word here, but I struggle to find another). I could never do such a thing. Why because it is SO incredibly dishonest. Unless intention is made clear at the premise of course, but even then I couldn't do such a thing.

Here's why. Right from the get go, I don't agree with them at all. Not even a little. I actually view this religious views as harmful (In particular Jehovah's Witnesses). Why on earth would I invite someone in my home, be all "nicey nice" to them, only to hold them figuratively captive, grill their views that the clearly will not change, and then have to sit back and listen to their drivel that will only proceed to anger me? The harm I see in it is taking advantage of their naïvety to try and "convert" them or show them the error of their ways under the guize of being "nice". It's so deceitful and I could never do such a thing.

I understand why others do it but just... nope. no. It breaks FAR too many of my rules to do it. When someone approaches me with this sort of stuff in public I just make a quick condensed comment that makes it clear that I don't agree with them, I see them as wrong, and that I very much wish they would stop doing what they do and believing what they believe. I then move on.

LonestarCowgirl

Look, we're extremely different. You're values and mine are incompatible. Further, by my nature I am very "us versus them" and do not associate or take well to individuals that I see as problematic or harmful to the world. Your constant desire to "make amends" just pushes me further. Anyone that does that to me gets that sort of response. I don't see you as reasonable or fair with your views. It's also quite clear that you do not have the capacity to be critical with them either and because of it is impossible to really have any sort of meaningful discussion or find a sort of middle ground.

I believe you recognize that as well, and respond by saying "ok, we'll ignore the issues and just be nice". I don't work like that. While it might actually be genuine and coming from the heart for you, it doesn't seem like that for me, and as such I will respond very poorly to it.

At the very least, I hope you'll understand that excessive or vapid kindness/love is not always appreciated by people. Sometimes, it can go so far as to make it worse.
I understand where you're coming from.

I don't know if you realize it, but nearly all of my posts in this thread were paraphrased or skewed in a way that was berating. If that's how my vapid kindness makes you feel, for goodness sake, I am sorry.

For what it's worth, when you approached me and replied to my first post to the thread with some intensity, I thought you were reaching out for my help to solve a problem. I naturally assume people want to return to a happy state because that's how I am, so I tried to do that. Next time, I won't do that.

á´…eparted

passages
I understand where you're coming from.

I don't know if you realize it, but nearly all of my posts in this thread were paraphrased or skewed in a way that was berating. If that's how my vapid kindness makes you feel, for goodness sake, I am sorry.

For what it's worth, when you approached me and replied to my first post to the thread with some intensity, I thought you were reaching out for my help to solve a problem. I naturally assume people want to return to a happy state because that's how I am, so I tried to do that. Next time, I won't do that.

The bolded is the crux of this. I wasn't, and most people don't either. I'm very blunt and direct so I say if I want or don't want help of sorts. Assumptions in these sorts of matters don't always work.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was at a bible study once when I was new to a church. The mormon's came to the door and the host invited them in to sit with us. That was fun.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This seems like an abusive and unhealthy relationship, and I'm reading it as if a script from a domestic abuse scenario. "You're worthless, but look, look how I continue to love you even if you're not worth loving!"

quote-the-whole-image-is-that-eternal-suffering-awaits-anyone-who-questions-god-s-infinite-love-that-s-bill-hicks-237343.jpg