• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The GOD Thread~

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know. I am a boring woman who lies in her bed all day, foruming with phantoms.

This is as much 'proof' as I have:

Genesis 1:1-5

In the Beginning, there was a vibration, and an intentional process to create a full world by ALHYM. Everything from the heavens to the earth He created with His breath.
And the Spirit-filled earth that had become by His breath was nothingness and void, and darkness, misery, and death. He became Ya in the heavens and the earth, and all that is in-between.

And the breath of ALHYM shook gently on the face of the waters. And called ALHYM, “Let there be Light,” and there was Light.

And ALHYM joyfully saw all the holy Light was pure and good, and ALHYM separated more firmly and very diligently between the Light, and diligently between the darkness.

And proclaimed ALHYM the most Light hot, everlasting Daytime, and the darkness He proclaimed a twisting of the light and adversity: Night.

And the breath of Ya made dusk, and the breath of Ya made dawn, and the dusk commingled pleasantly with the dawn and was united into One; the first day. ~Mary’s translation

God created everything and God came first. God’s Hebrew name is ALHYM: God Almighty, maker of all things and judge of all men. The M is actually IM, and at the end of words means more than one. Some use this as the basis of the Trinity concept of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. But God is much more than even three, God is any number of manifestations of Himself He chooses to create; He is an infinite God. He is everything. Aleph (A) is the first letter in the Hebrew alphabet, and is silent, giving respect to the One Infinite LORD.

BRASHYT BRA ALHYM ATH HSHMYM WATH HARTS
InBeginning Created ALHYM All TheHeavens AndAll TheEarth​

The letter ‘B’ makes the first word in the Bible. This is a divine intention, because B is beyth, the second letter in the Hebrew alphabet. It is quite stunning that this unique monotheistic religion, which was unlike all other religions before it, begins with a beginning. Typically polytheistic religions and cultures believe in a dualism in constant motion, never really beginning or ending. But belief in God necessitates that we believe in a beginning, created by our Majestic Creator.

There are seven words in the first sentence in the Bible in the original Hebrew. Seven is the most holy number of God and refers to God’s completion cycle. Three is a scriptural number of completion as well, but more at it regards God to man. Three is the numeral used to honor God and His realm, and seven is used from God to us, to help us see when something is holy or complete in Him. ALHYM is positioned as the third word in the first sentence of the Bible. This is significant. Three also denotes a circle because of Pi (3.14), but seven is God’s circle, and implies cycle of completion, in God’s own mysterious way. We still consider seven a ‘lucky’ number and this is likely why.

ARTS means earth, or more precisely, land or ground. But as the verses continue, it becomes obvious that God is not speaking about many earths, but our earth, which is aptly named Earth. In the translation, we can see this was an intentional process by God. It wasn’t a haphazard event. He wanted to create a full world. He mainly wanted to create a being in His image that could worship and love Him, because God was lonely. So He created the perfect world for man to live in.

There is a paradox here however. God is speaking about creating Earth, but Earth will not be created for a while yet; until the third day of creation, which is also about 9.3 billion years away. He is using Earth, our world, as the whole context for His intention for Beginning creation. Not unlike how a sculptor might see the finished sculpture within the raw rock. This is how the domain of human beings looked to God as He breathed life into the vast, deep void.

Consider for a moment how old the Earth became before He finally blessed man by creating him. He had the patience of waiting 8 to 9 billion years to even make the earth, then another 4.5 billion years until the Earth was exactly as He wanted it to be for His greatest Love, us! Think of all the beauty that has been sculpted over time; mountains and waterfalls and coral reefs and beautiful formations, things we revel in. He is the perfect artist and our world is His canvas, and we are His masterpiece. Dinosaurs came and He decimated them, to prepare the land for us, leaving behind rich fossil treasures to incite our imaginations and fill us with awe.

When one properly places creation in its correct context, it is truly unfathomable that we are the object of all this labor and affection. Man is His last creation, created after everything else, before He rested on the 7th Day, and this correlates to the time line of evolution as well. Nothing new will be created from man on, and the end of the world as we know it is related to us in the last book of the Bible, Revelation. His love by and of and for Himself meant nothing to Him. He waited so long for us, because He wanted everything to be perfect for us. God is Love. Love by itself cannot be fully what it is.

Love necessarily needs another being which can reciprocate that love for it to come into its full fruition.

Jesus had to come to remind us what true love is. Jesus was the embodiment of God’s love on Earth. God made us to simply be in love with Him, but man fell from grace and from then on it became difficult for us on Earth, and as a consequence, loving God became more difficult as well.

Once God begins making His intentional world, once ALHYM (God Almighty) does this first act, in the Hebrew scripture He is immediately referred to as Ya, becoming LORD to all He is creating. He has not created life yet, but He has already established His sovereignty and authority over all. He will not be referred to in the full YHWH until later into the creation story.

The first thing God made was light. There was no earth yet, just The Deep. In the Hebrew words, AWR means “bright daylight.” Notice the ‘A’ at the beginning? AWR in Hebrew means more than literal light or day, it means God and goodness; pure, holy light. And God joyfully saw that it was pure and good. The Luminaries have not been created yet, coming on Day 4, but the universe is now partially illuminated with light because He created the Big Bang which set the creation story in motion. God then “saw joyfully” that the light was good. Being good, He separated it from the darkness. Then He proclaimed it by calling out its name, YWM, or “Day”.

This theme repeats itself in the days of creation: He called, it became, He separated, He proclaimed, He named.

CHSHK is darkness. Once God saw that the light was pure and good, He separated it from the darkness, which He named, “Night,” which is LYLH in Hebrew. It means a twisting of the light, adversity. So this figuratively means Light is good and Night is adversity. The H at the end denotes God’s breath. You make the H sound by breathing out, so it literally means breath. H is sometimes added to words and sometimes not. Here it means that even though the Night can mean adversity, God still made it into being by breathing, and adversity is part of our God-given reality. The L at the beginning means the Most, because the L character in Hebrew is formed by going up above the line of writing, as if it is extending into Heaven. So where darkness twists away the most from the light, there is Night and adversity.

It is necessary to say that the Hebrews were VERY symbolic people, and every stroke of every letter means numerous things in Hebrew. They even give their letters a numerical value, called gematria, which has more meaning. Many people have studied this extensively and it is interesting to delve into. Since He made Day and Night with Light and Darkness, the days can begin to be counted.

And the dusk and the dawn made the First Day.

Nicodemus

I know. I am a boring woman who lies in her bed all day, foruming with phantoms.

This is as much 'proof' as I have:

Genesis 1:1-5

God created everything and God came first. God’s Hebrew name is ALHYM: God Almighty, maker of all things and judge of all men. The M is actually IM, and at the end of words means more than one. Some use this as the basis of the Trinity concept of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. But God is much more than even three, God is any number of manifestations of Himself He chooses to create; He is an infinite God. He is everything. Aleph (A) is the first letter in the Hebrew alphabet, and is silent, giving respect to the One Infinite LORD.

BRASHYT BRA ALHYM ATH HSHMYM WATH HARTS
InBeginning Created ALHYM All TheHeavens AndAll TheEarth​

The letter ‘B’ makes the first word in the Bible. This is a divine intention, because B is beyth, the second letter in the Hebrew alphabet. It is quite stunning that this unique monotheistic religion, which was unlike all other religions before it, begins with a beginning. Typically polytheistic religions and cultures believe in a dualism in constant motion, never really beginning or ending. But belief in God necessitates that we believe in a beginning, created by our Majestic Creator.

There are seven words in the first sentence in the Bible in the original Hebrew. Seven is the most holy number of God and refers to God’s completion cycle. Three is a scriptural number of completion as well, but more at it regards God to man. Three is the numeral used to honor God and His realm, and seven is used from God to us, to help us see when something is holy or complete in Him. ALHYM is positioned as the third word in the first sentence of the Bible. This is significant. Three also denotes a circle because of Pi (3.14), but seven is God’s circle, and implies cycle of completion, in God’s own mysterious way. We still consider seven a ‘lucky’ number and this is likely why.

ARTS means earth, or more precisely, land or ground. But as the verses continue, it becomes obvious that God is not speaking about many earths, but our earth, which is aptly named Earth. In the translation, we can see this was an intentional process by God. It wasn’t a haphazard event. He wanted to create a full world. He mainly wanted to create a being in His image that could worship and love Him, because God was lonely. So He created the perfect world for man to live in.

There is a paradox here however. God is speaking about creating Earth, but Earth will not be created for a while yet; until the third day of creation, which is also about 9.3 billion years away. He is using Earth, our world, as the whole context for His intention for Beginning creation. Not unlike how a sculptor might see the finished sculpture within the raw rock. This is how the domain of human beings looked to God as He breathed life into the vast, deep void.

Consider for a moment how old the Earth became before He finally blessed man by creating him. He had the patience of waiting 8 to 9 billion years to even make the earth, then another 4.5 billion years until the Earth was exactly as He wanted it to be for His greatest Love, us! Think of all the beauty that has been sculpted over time; mountains and waterfalls and coral reefs and beautiful formations, things we revel in. He is the perfect artist and our world is His canvas, and we are His masterpiece. Dinosaurs came and He decimated them, to prepare the land for us, leaving behind rich fossil treasures to incite our imaginations and fill us with awe.

When one properly places creation in its correct context, it is truly unfathomable that we are the object of all this labor and affection. Man is His last creation, created after everything else, before He rested on the 7th Day, and this correlates to the time line of evolution as well. Nothing new will be created from man on, and the end of the world as we know it is related to us in the last book of the Bible, Revelation. His love by and of and for Himself meant nothing to Him. He waited so long for us, because He wanted everything to be perfect for us. God is Love. Love by itself cannot be fully what it is.

Love necessarily needs another being which can reciprocate that love for it to come into its full fruition.

Jesus had to come to remind us what true love is. Jesus was the embodiment of God’s love on Earth. God made us to simply be in love with Him, but man fell from grace and from then on it became difficult for us on Earth, and as a consequence, loving God became more difficult as well.

Once God begins making His intentional world, once ALHYM (God Almighty) does this first act, in the Hebrew scripture He is immediately referred to as Ya, becoming LORD to all He is creating. He has not created life yet, but He has already established His sovereignty and authority over all. He will not be referred to in the full YHWH until later into the creation story.

The first thing God made was light. There was no earth yet, just The Deep. In the Hebrew words, AWR means “bright daylight.” Notice the ‘A’ at the beginning? AWR in Hebrew means more than literal light or day, it means God and goodness; pure, holy light. And God joyfully saw that it was pure and good. The Luminaries have not been created yet, coming on Day 4, but the universe is now partially illuminated with light because He created the Big Bang which set the creation story in motion. God then “saw joyfully” that the light was good. Being good, He separated it from the darkness. Then He proclaimed it by calling out its name, YWM, or “Day”.

This theme repeats itself in the days of creation: He called, it became, He separated, He proclaimed, He named.

CHSHK is darkness. Once God saw that the light was pure and good, He separated it from the darkness, which He named, “Night,” which is LYLH in Hebrew. It means a twisting of the light, adversity. So this figuratively means Light is good and Night is adversity. The H at the end denotes God’s breath. You make the H sound by breathing out, so it literally means breath. H is sometimes added to words and sometimes not. Here it means that even though the Night can mean adversity, God still made it into being by breathing, and adversity is part of our God-given reality. The L at the beginning means the Most, because the L character in Hebrew is formed by going up above the line of writing, as if it is extending into Heaven. So where darkness twists away the most from the light, there is Night and adversity.

It is necessary to say that the Hebrews were VERY symbolic people, and every stroke of every letter means numerous things in Hebrew. They even give their letters a numerical value, called gematria, which has more meaning. Many people have studied this extensively and it is interesting to delve into. Since He made Day and Night with Light and Darkness, the days can begin to be counted.

And the dusk and the dawn made the First Day.
As you well know, this 'proof' is no proof at all.

Permabanned
I wrote the Bible.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As you well know, this 'proof' is no proof at all.

I did my best. The rest is up to God. Praying for you~

No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day. ~John 6:44

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is that really what passes for "best"?

So much concern about telling people what they need to believe, rather than learning about each other as human beings.

If God is in charge of converting people, that seems remarkably liberating: You should be able to learn about them and engage as human beings, versus just focusing on whether they conform to your views and thus their "souls can be saved." That's God's job, after all.

á´…eparted

passages
I don't think that's the case because I don't think God doesn't exist.

It's horrible that you suffered like that, I have too, but don't blame me for taking a belief system ill-suited for humanity and showing just how ill-suited it is.

Well it sure as hell didn't come across that way. And I AM going to blame you for insinuating that your views are the only viable way and that anything else is ill suited. Do you even realise how fucking arrogant that sounds? You didn't show me jack shit. Prove god exists; oh, that's right, you can't. No one can. Until that happens, I have no reason to believe it.

You said something that is incredibly insulting suggesting self harm, and shifted the blame away from yourself. That is horrific.

Permabanned
Is that really what passes for "best"?

So much concern about telling people what they need to believe, rather than learning about each other as human beings.

If God is in charge of converting people, that seems remarkably liberating: You should be able to learn about them and engage as human beings, versus just focusing on whether they conform to your views and thus their "souls can be saved." That's God's job, after all.
HOW DARE YOU ATTEMPT TO TAKE AWAY PEOPLE'S COMFORTING RESPONSIBILITY OF CONVERTING OTHERS TO THEIR OWN BELIEFS!!!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... sigh... my eyes, my eyes. it burns. oh, it burns.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.."

We never left the Garden. We are still there, we have simply forgotten how to be. Heaven is in the present moment. If only you learn to see again, slip away from all you've known.. the garden holds such incredible beauty..

"Gratitude is heaven itself." -William Blake

93JC

You also erroneously have an "all or nothing" view of the universe. Just because something might not have universal significance across the board for everyone does not mean that it doesn't have personal significance to me in my particular corner of the universe; and that's actually acceptable.

I doubt very much that that's Beorn's actual view of the world. He just wants to win the argument, whether it's by obfuscating, deflecting, using fallacies, putting words into people's mouths...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I doubt very much that that's Beorn's actual view of the world. He just wants to win the argument, whether it's by obfuscating, deflecting, using fallacies, putting words into people's mouths...

Oh. I'm trying to give people the benefit of the doubt. *shrug*

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The existence of God is the ONLY way ANY "fantasy" like significance, love, meaning etc. can be grounded in reality. It's illogical and inconsistent to reject God and then think that it's somehow superior to only pretend that life has significance and not that life is governed by God.

If you are currently operating within the paradigm that your/the God is the only truth, then yes, this holds true. Similarly, people who are not within your paradigm cannot understand how you feel so strongly. Our understandings of life outside our paradigms are limited by our paradigms. However, once we leave that paradigm... well, significance, love, meaning, beauty, truth... they are all still present, even if you can't see or believe it. Fortunately, those who leave your paradigm discover this. This remains true even if you end up being right in the end. Those on the outside still have found significance, love, meaning, and so on. Perhaps they lack something... like an understanding of the world through your eyes. Is that worth hellfire? Well, ultimately, isn't that something only God could decide? It is not the human role to judge, but to love, and encourage, and support, and hope...

Moreover, suicide, in the vast majority of cases, has nothing to do with taking a religious stance. Typically, it is a devastating and irreversible consequence of people suffering in solitude and feeling trapped, hopeless, and like there is no other way out. To me it is highly distasteful bordering on potentially harmful to imply it, however indirectly, as the "only" option for those who are not in agreement with your beliefs to fully live a meaningful life.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
god arguments are stupid. you can neither prove nor disprove god. there can not be an end, it's just back and forth.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well my problem with the whole Jesus, and bible thing is the bible is 50% violence, god acts like Zeus, and war, and the other is ok, but that 50% I cannot accept.

Agreed.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I love God so much I'm bumping this thread.

Has anyone found themselves drawing closer to God? If so, I'd love to hear about it.

First, I've been watching this thread a bit and it's got me to thinking. Look out. That's dangerous. I'm just warning you. haha.

Secondly, I interpreted the original post [or at least this updated version; I haven't read the older portions of the thread.] to be for those who already believed or have had some sort of experience. She didn't say she wanted to hear about whether or not we believed in the validity or existence of a god. I think that somehow the thread went that way anyways. However I may be wrong in my interpretation. So, to me, the solution is simple. If you don't believe in God, don't read a thread addressed to those who do. That's like going to a bar and complaining because that there's alcohol. So, I suggest that if you want to argue the existence of God then dedicate a thread to "Arguing the Existence or Non-existence of God--warning, it is the thread that never ends." Because [MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION] is right. Arguing the existence is endless. Arguments sound like a bunch of people all just trying to prove who's right, like a massive ego trip. Either believe or don't believe but don't belittle or make fun of others who choose to see things differently.

I'm not trying to sound harsh. I'm just saying that I feel like the thread got derailed a little bit along the way. If I am wrong and the OP meant for it to be a discussion about the existence or non-existence of a deity, then I apologize, but I interpreted it to be addressed to those who had a positive experience. I took it to mean that she wanted to hear about those experiences.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
god arguments are stupid. you can neither prove nor disprove god. there can not be an end, it's just back and forth.

I can disprove specific many specific god-claims, but the larger concept of god and gods is, in fact, untouchable. The flood story, for example, is so ridiculous that it can only be mythology. If one portion of the Bible is mythology, what of the other parts? This only applies to the God of the Bible, but I feel I have made a pretty solid case against that specific god.

I can neither prove nor disprove a being who does not interfere with daily life. I have a hunch that such a being is as real as time-traveling dinosaurs who live on a planet circling the next star over though.

I will say this, though, religion is not all that bad if it is moderate and makes room for science and reason.